Ex-Falcon Brent Grimes

ki46dinah

I agree with FF70. It used to crack me up when people tried to say Brent Grimes was only a zone corner. He plays the BALL in the air better than any corner I've ever seen. Ever. His explosiveness and acceleration once the pass is thrown is only rivaled by a guy named Sanders. He doesn't hand fight or hold like so many lesser corners. He doesn't have to. He blankets the receiver like a shadow and breaks on the ball in the air. How many other 5'8" corners have you seen completely shut down Calvin Johnson? If Grimes was 6'1" or heck, even 5'11", he'd be a shoo in for Canton.

This defense has yet to recover from the loss of Abe, Grimes, and to a lesser extent Lofton.

And anyone who can't see that is either blind or in complete denial.

We blew it big time with the way we handled Grimes. And he doesn't owe us $hit.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Optimus Grimes was the truth I like TD as a GM because he made good moves to make this team better but letting Grimes and Lofton walk along with cutting Abe hurt this franchise but it's whatever it's the past just gotta keep it moving and hopefully we get Abe's replacement in here quick and can we get a replacement for Kerney I mean we've only been waiting for 7 years to replace him.

He luckily landed on a team that needed secondary help, and won the job not just because of his talent, but a lot of luck.

So it has nothing to do with the fact that he outplayed repeated personnel that we brought in to slot ahead of him?

Brent was just lucky.

Like Antone Smith. Who would have never gotten snap #1 at RB had SJax not been hurt.

Or Worrilow. Who is no world beater. But certainly better than Dent who he replaced due to injury.

Or Stone with Konz.

Or Mass with Biermann.

Or Arenas sitting on the Practice squad.

Are we seeing a pattern yet people?

Grimes (or his wife anyway) is the one acting like the Falcons owe him something. We made him. He needs to tell his wife to shut the **** up and get over it.

The Colts dumped Peyton Freaking Manning for Christs sake. I don't see his wife whining about it on NFL Network.

you nor the Falcons made him. He put in work. His talent got him the opportunity. He had help but him and God are the ones that made him

you nor the Falcons made him. He put in work. His talent got him the opportunity. He had help but him and God are the ones that made him

nobody can deny that Grimes is somebody that really started from the bottom, fans in 2008 keep saying he was too short and loved Foxworth but when Fox left he stepped up in 2009. 2009 was the rise of B. Grimes

So it has nothing to do with the fact that he outplayed repeated personnel that we brought in to slot ahead of him?

Brent was just lucky.

Like Antone Smith. Who would have never gotten snap #1 at RB had SJax not been hurt.

Or Worrilow. Who is no world beater. But certainly better than Dent who he replaced due to injury.

Or Stone with Konz.

Or Mass with Biermann.

Or Arenas sitting on the Practice squad.

Are we seeing a pattern yet people?

I didn't say he was just lucky, but a lot of luck helped. If Brent was so obviously talented from the get go, why didn't he get drafted, or get recruited by a top school?. Nobody is saying Brent isn't amazingly talented ,he's a freak, but it took some things to fall into place for him to get where he is, and the Falcons taking a chance on him was one of them. The Falcons don't owe him squat.

I didn't say he was just lucky, but a lot of luck helped. If Brent was so obviously talented from the get go, why didn't he get drafted, or get recruited by a top school?. Nobody is saying Brent isn't amazingly talented ,he's a freak, but it took some things to fall into place for him to get where he is, and the Falcons taking a chance on him was one of them. The Falcons don't owe him squat.

this is the NFL. Nobody owes anyone anything. You make your own way. And many talented players don't get recruited for various reasons or become a top pick in the NFL. That's an asinine way of looking at things

I agree with FF70. It used to crack me up when people tried to say Brent Grimes was only a zone corner. He plays the BALL in the air better than any corner I've ever seen. Ever. His explosiveness and acceleration once the pass is thrown is only rivaled by a guy named Sanders. He doesn't hand fight or hold like so many lesser corners. He doesn't have to. He blankets the receiver like a shadow and breaks on the ball in the air. How many other 5'8" corners have you seen completely shut down Calvin Johnson? If Grimes was 6'1" or heck, even 5'11", he'd be a shoo in for Canton.

This defense has yet to recover from the loss of Abe, Grimes, and to a lesser extent Lofton.

Boom! +1 no way Grimes should have went into 2011 w/o a better deal...screwed Lofton/Abe

To all the haters...Miko owned yall boys

Boom! +1 no way Grimes should have went into 2011 w/o a better deal...screwed Lofton/Abe

To all the haters...Miko owned yall boys

How did Miko own anyone? lol

Might be just me, but some crazy chick going crazy on the internet is not any type of owning. Just some crazy chick going crazy on the internet. I personally would be embarrassed by her if I were Brent. I would never be with a girl like that in the first place though. She is a very lucky lady she found a guy who will love her and I respect that he does. Way to much crazy for me though.

How did Miko own anyone? lol

Might be just me, but some crazy chick going crazy on the internet is not any type of owning. Just some crazy chick going crazy on the internet. I personally would be embarrassed by her if I were Brent. I would never be with a girl like that in the first place though. She is a very lucky lady she found a guy who will love her and I respect that he does. Way to much crazy for me though.

She owned the boys arguing with her...I hope u were not one of those guys.

She's got her man's back and any man can hope for as much.

I guess I'm in between. I think it's absolutely right that the Falcons should have locked Grimes up long term. It's another example of Dimitroff and Smith creating a roster hole that they have to fill by trading up in the draft, and it's stupid. And we do it all the time, while at the same time drafting and then re-signing scrubs like Baker.

On the other hand, I refuse to praise Grimes' low rent wife. She does stand by her man, and that's commendable, but she also has no modesty, no shame, no sense and no class. Sorry. I love Brent Grimes, but that's despite Miko, not because of her.

Basically there's only a few different schools of "thought" regarding Grimes.

There was the crowd that never believed in him and looked for every opportunity to kick dirt on him. A large portion if this group turned into that whole weird "stalk Miko's every move" camp.

It was really weird... They acted as if she was FORCING them to follow her on twitter. They were grousing and complaining about a cake?! Hahahahaha...supposed to be grown men,yet they were e-stalking another man's wife! Some got way obsessed with her, and started photoshopping pics of her (Bawse.) Others flat out lied on her,then cried when she exposed them (Mashburn/Fibonacci)

Either way, she OWNED a lot of free space in that crowd.

You can kinda see a pattern with KB#71's wife. The way people talk about her is very strange too considering that she's not a Falcon. Don't even get me started on Matt Ryan's wife. I mean, for some odd reason, criticizing her was a bannable offense, but not so for Kim and Miko.

Double Standard much?

Then there was the Recliner GM's that would routinely say stupid things like "he relies on his athleticism."

Lol, "scientists rely on their intelligence, better fire them!"

This crowd,just refuses to admit they were wrong, so the excuses start...

Grimes is a BEAST and anyone pretending otherwise is minus credibility.

Grimes had Abe to work with and a decent pass rush in Miami. Don't knock Trufant when there is no need for it. Both are good CB's

Tru may be as good as Grimes one day but he wasn't in his first two years:

2013-2014 thru Week 15

Trufant - 30 starts, 125 tackles, 4 Ints, 31 PDs, 1 FF, 2 FRs, 0 TDs

Grimes - 30 starts, 114 tackles, 9 Ints, 29 PDs, 1 FF, 0 FRs, 2 TDs

Tru may be as good as Grimes one day but he wasn't in his first two years:

2013-2014 thru Week 15

Trufant - 30 starts, 125 tackles, 4 Ints, 31 PDs, 1 FF, 2 FRs, 0 TDs

Grimes - 30 starts, 114 tackles, 9 Ints, 29 PDs, 1 FF, 0 FRs, 2 TDs

If Trufant didn't have hands of stone, he'd have more ints.

I like Trufant, but good god.

I couldn't believe he made that great pick vs. Cleveland after all the easy ones he's dropped.

I don't think anyone has ever said that he owed the Falcons anything, but...

He was undrafted out of Shippensburg.

Was injured his whole rookie training camp AS AN UNDRAFTED FA.

We still kept him on the team, did not outright cut him, then even sent him to Europe to get more experience.

Got back, we stashed him on the PS, then called him up and he got his first career start against Arizona AT Arizona...I was present for that game.

He was walked around and over by Anquan Boldin that whole game...we still kept him in the game...then let him finish the season.

It took him 4 seasons to have that breakout Grimes season we all know and love...there were few fans sticking by him at that point, but the team did...and now he is a multi millionaire.