Ex-Falcon Brent Grimes

ki46dinah

I agree with you man, I wish we still had Grimes too, but after two years of no play and big pay, no respectable GM would have given him a big day. Even the Dolphins had only given him a 1 year deal.

No respectable GM would have tried Curtis Lofton type lowball tactics on him after 2010 instead of locking him up long term. What part of that don't yall boys understand?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did not make him. This coaching staff has not made anyone. People have grown despite of this regime. She is over it. She was just trying to clear it up for the stupid falcon fans that think Grimes did not love this team or give it his all when he was here.

The Atlanta Falcons organization took a chance on a undersized UDFA, from a no-named school, groomed him in NFL Europe, signed him to the team, made him a starter, gave him the spotlight to be a pro bowler, paid him millions of dollars, and in return he and his wife have bitched for 2 years about how the Falcons owe him.

Please. Maybe if he and his wife haven't been a total embarrassment with their social media antics, X-Rated Birthday Cakes, and On-Air Radio Wars with team beat writers, maybe that would have helped her husband get that contract he wanted.

TD should have signed Grimes to an extension after the 2010 season. Major blunder by him. Grimes can flat out ball when he is healthy

Well look at it like this

Grimes missed almost half of the year in 2011... including the playoff game

he missed all but 3/4 of a game in 2012

Had Td signed him and he got hurt ( Like Baker for example) people would be calling it a stupid decision. Plus I get the feeling with Miko acting as his agent those talks were not as smooth as they could have been

In the video she basically lied.... she said the Falcons did not want him and then Brent corrected her that they DID offer a contract.

No respectable GM would have tried Curtis Lofton type lowball tactics on him after 2010 instead of locking him up long term. What part of that don't yall boys understand?

Don't understand the Lofton was a "key" piece logic. Besides defending the run, he was garbage. Yeah I wish we still had Grimes, but like others pointed out, pass rush is more important. And after watching them both play, no matter how many picks Trus dropped so far, he's the better DB for the future.... Trust me. Also agree dimi has to go, point is I never like Lofton a lot in the first place

Grimes (or his wife anyway) is the one acting like the Falcons owe him something. We made him. He needs to tell his wife to shut the **** up and get over it.

The Colts dumped Peyton Freaking Manning for Christs sake. I don't see his wife whining about it on NFL Network.

Exactly We paid him 13 million dollars over 2 years and we got what 10 starts out of him??

And she has the balls to complain about ANYTHING this organization did for their family??

Yeah she can go sit on a cactus.

Hindsight my as. Get Bankerbird to open up the 2010 archives and you'll find Peyton and me saying re-sign this mofo right now. Dimi wanted him too but he tried Lofton lowball tactics on him and had to settle for a one year deal. Then he ate a franchise tag the next year. Ended up taking the TATF clowns' advice and let him walk. Was a baller when he was here. Still a baller. Better than any corner on our roster. Dimitroffed.

I was saying it too. Also saying he was gonna come back fine because he's a little dude and doesnt put extra weight on his Achilles.

on the active roster?? 5 I believe.

But what does that have to do with anything???

He made 13 mil over 2 years for like 10 games.

If anything he owes the Falcons money,

He don't owe the Falcons anything. He did his job well when he was here and injuries are unforseen. Everybody knows injuries are a part of the job but you never know when it will happen. The issue is they should've extended him after his pro bowl season but they were looking to replace him with one of TD's picks since he got here. Just couldn't do it because he was that good.

Well look at it like this

Grimes missed almost half of the year in 2011... including the playoff game

he missed all but 3/4 of a game in 2012

Had Td signed him and he got hurt ( Like Baker for example) people would be calling it a stupid decision. Plus I get the feeling with Miko acting as his agent those talks were not as smooth as they could have been

In the video she basically lied.... she said the Falcons did not want him and then Brent corrected her that they DID offer a contract.

Baker has never been nor will he ever be a pro bowler. Different level of players. One is a playmaker and the other is just a serviceable guy that the next man can equal or upgrade. Like Jake. That's an upgrade already.

The Atlanta Falcons organization took a chance on a undersized UDFA, from a no-named school, groomed him in NFL Europe, signed him to the team, made him a starter, gave him the spotlight to be a pro bowler, paid him millions of dollars, and in return he and his wife have bitched for 2 years about how the Falcons owe him.

Please. Maybe if he and his wife haven't been a total embarrassment with their social media antics, X-Rated Birthday Cakes, and On-Air Radio Wars with team beat writers, maybe that would have helped her husband get that contract he wanted.

They shoulda paid him sooner cause we d@mn sure could use him right about now. He and Tru would shut everything down. Besides If the falcons didnt sign him another team would have. He's a baller. His wife doesn't get under my skin and I think sometimes these pro teams need to be outed. Man if I was that kind of dude I could tell tall some inside stuff that would make yall look at the Falcons and a few other NFL teams sideways. Like any big dollar entity it's a cut throat business and you gotta know how to wheel and deal. I still live the Falcons but they play the politic game very heavy. Real shady stuff at that. Self made millionaire owner. Think arty don't have done cut throat ways? And Dimi cut throats to get to where he is. Just the nature of the business.

Baker has never been nor will he ever be a pro bowler. Different level of players. One is a playmaker and the other is just a serviceable guy that the next man can equal or upgrade. Like Jake. That's an upgrade already.

He could have and frankly should have made the pro bowl in 2012 .. When Healthy Baker has been more than just serviceable he was **** good. Unfortunately that health has not happened as much as it should have.

The fact is TD gets a lot of flack for signing injured players and Grimes his last 2 years here was injured.

It is really no different. Had we resigned Grimes after 2010 and he went on to miss 23 of the next 24 possible starts people would be calling it a bad move.

He could have and frankly should have made the pro bowl in 2012 .. When Healthy Baker has been more than just serviceable he was **** good. Unfortunately that health has not happened as much as it should have.

The fact is TD gets a lot of flack for signing injured players and Grimes his last 2 years here was injured.

It is really no different. Had we resigned Grimes after 2010 and he went on to miss 23 of the next 24 possible starts people would be calling it a bad move.

Meanwhile Baker continues to stay hurt and Grimes is on his way to his second consecutive pro bowl. We could've had that production along with Tru. Baker has never been a pro bowl player. Lineman don't make the pro bowl from pass blocking. They make the pro bowl by producing 1000 yard rushers like Clabo made it. Most of turners big runs came of his hip. Baker is not a good run blocker. He's just ok. He's decent in the pass game. No Atl lineman will make another pro bowl until we produce a top notch running game again. Edited by TheFatboi

They shoulda paid him sooner cause we d@mn sure could use him right about now. He and Tru would shut everything down. Besides If the falcons didnt sign him another team would have. He's a baller. His wife doesn't get under my skin and I think sometimes these pro teams need to be outed. Man if I was that kind of dude I could tell tall some inside stuff that would make yall look at the Falcons and a few other NFL teams sideways. Like any big dollar entity it's a cut throat business and you gotta know how to wheel and deal. I still live the Falcons but they play the politic game very heavy. Real shady stuff at that. Self made millionaire owner. Think arty don't have done cut throat ways? And Dimi cut throats to get to where he is. Just the nature of the business.

I respect your opinion and yeah the nfl is a business first. ZERO question about that. I know you have family in the NFL,..I know a couple guys who I went to HS with or played in HS against who made it to the nfl for a few seasons , and I also have family who has several nfl players as business partners and some pretty prominent players to boot..... anything you would say I probably have heard in some form or fashion from another source....... The guys running the nfl are no angles that is for **** sure.

But back to Grimes.... like I said he was great in 2010 but did nothing for us the following 2 years. While you can argue we should have paid him after 2010, we simply had SO many FA's we had to try and keep ( like 3/5 of our Oline, multiple other defenders)

Grimes like I said was great in 2010......... but that was 1 year. Had TD given him a big deal after 1 good year..... and then he proceeded to miss over half of the next 2 years... yeah that would not have been a good look on TD's part.

Parting ways was the best move to make when you look at EVERYTHING in its entirety.. True and Grimes would have been awesome together but Alford has the potential to be as good as Grimes......just slightly bigger and a bit more physical.

Meanwhile Baker continues to stay hurt and Grimes is on his way to his second consecutive pro bowl. We could've had that production along with Tru. Baker has never been a pro bowl player. Lineman don't make the pro bowl from pass blocking. They make the pro bowl by producing 1000 yard rushers like Clabo made it. Most of turners big runs came of his hip. Baker is not a good run blocker. He's just ok. He's decent in the pass game. No Atl lineman will make another pro bowl until we produce a top notch running game again.

Baker was part of he "top notch" Running game we had too btw ;) I could make the case he should have went to the pro bowl in 2010 as well.

And I disagree lineman can not make it off of pass blocking alone..... T. Smith in Dallas has made it and they have had a ****** running game for years, Joe Thomas.... considered to be one of the best LTs on the game... the browns have also had a ****** running game for years.

But besides that... If you compare time lines yeah the deal to Grimes after 2010 would have looked back because of the 2 following years he was hurt a lot.,,,, Ala Baker who has played in about the same # of games as Grimes had played in a 2 year stretch

I respect your opinion and yeah the nfl is a business first. ZERO question about that. I know you have family in the NFL,..I know a couple guys who I went to HS with or played in HS against who made it to the nfl for a few seasons , and I also have family who has several nfl players as business partners and some pretty prominent players to boot..... anything you would say I probably have heard in some form or fashion from another source....... The guys running the nfl are no angles that is for **** sure.

But back to Grimes.... like I said he was great in 2010 but did nothing for us the following 2 years. While you can argue we should have paid him after 2010, we simply had SO many FA's we had to try and keep ( like 3/5 of our Oline, multiple other defenders)

Grimes like I said was great in 2010......... but that was 1 year. Had TD given him a big deal after 1 good year..... and then he proceeded to miss over half of the next 2 years... yeah that would not have been a good look on TD's part.

Parting ways was the best move to make when you look at EVERYTHING in its entirety.. True and Grimes would have been awesome together but Alford has the potential to be as good as Grimes......just slightly bigger and a bit more physical.

Preciate. Same to you as well. Grimes had more than just one good year. '09 should've been a pro bowl year for him as well but we all know the second good year is the year you make it. Grimes has been good since becoming a starter. He had 3 seasons to earn an extension and should've got it. The int when he jumped out of the superdome to pick drew off should've sealed the deal at that. I understand the injury thing but Baker has missed more Gametime AND played bad more than Grimes. And the Falcons are the ones that reinjured him by rushing him back to soon. Yet he still showed his loyalty by playing in that saints game. That's where the cut throat part comes in. Up to that point he had earned an extension. 3 good seasons with 1 pro bowl and a good campaign the year before the pro bowl season.

Baker was part of he "top notch" Running game we had too btw ;) I could make the case he should have went to the pro bowl in 2010 as well.

And I disagree lineman can not make it off of pass blocking alone..... T. Smith in Dallas has made it and they have had a ****** running game for years, Joe Thomas.... considered to be one of the best LTs on the game... the browns have also had a ****** running game for years.

But besides that... If you compare time lines yeah the deal to Grimes after 2010 would have looked back because of the 2 following years he was hurt a lot.,,,, Ala Baker who has played in about the same # of games as Grimes had played in a 2 year stretch

Baker missed most of his rookie year. Turner was injured in 09. 2010 was good but like I said turners big runs come mostly on the right side of the line. The line was not that good from 2010 and beyond. 2011 baker hurt again. 2012 the team had under 4 yards/carry rushing. 2013 hurt. 2014. Hurt. Since '08 Hes had more hurt time than anybody on the team. Baker has not been a plug that turner ran behind. The pack manhandled the line in 2010. Cleveland was a top 10 rushing team in 2009. Joe Thomas rookie year 07 they were a top 10 rushing team. #10 to be exact. Get that running game going. Make the pro bowl. Dallas was #7 and Cleveland #8 in 2009. They had great rushing attacks. I think you're just thinking because one pkayer wasn't a workhorse like turner that they sucked and that wasn't the case. Edited by TheFatboi

Talented UDFAs have come and gone all over the NFL. There is no guarantee he would have had the same career trajectory on another team. He luckily landed on a team that needed secondary help, and won the job not just because of his talent, but a lot of luck. Injuries and poor play by starters helped get him the shot. If he had signed with a team loaded at secondary, there'd be a good chance he would have never seen any Gameday playtime.

Deion in his prime couldn't help this defense, because secondary isn't the issue. Pass rush is the issue. Grimes would be nice, but If we want to whine about letting a player walk it should be Abe.

The NFL is a cutthroat business, but like I said, hundreds of players leave team on bad terms and still find a way to be classy about it.

Yet you're probably one of the TATFers riding Tru's balls through the no pass rush Nolan zone. Grimes wouldn't have dropped the five picks Tru dropped in the no pass rush Nolan zone. Trust me. Face it folks. We got Dimitroffed. Buddy was a top five corner when he was here and still is. He demonstrated enough health to put on a Dimitroffed FA tour to more than three teams, landed a deal and balled. Will probably go to another Bowl this year.

Get over it dude. Cya in 2 years when Trufant is in his prime and Grimes is out of the league