Ex-Falcon Brent Grimes

ki46dinah

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand why we let Grimes go. We did pay him $10 million for a half of a game, and then he balked at our offer the next year, but who knew how he'd recover at that point.

Yep. With the injury he had, there was a lot of doubt he could come back all the way. I don't blame the FO for Grimes leaving.

I love how people act like Grimes owes the falcons something. Sure we paid him 10 mil for like 1 game, BUT dude was working for chump change for multiple years here. He got paid his worth only one year. Also Grimes had the talent to be big anywhere. Dude showed flashes before Smitty and TD were even apart of this organization. they were lucky that the previous GM found that GM and made sure to sign him.

The NFL is business. Grimes is not owed anything and the players are not owed anything by the falcons. If they were, then Abe would have retired here and Grimes would have still been a falcon.

Hindsight is 20/20

Hindsight my as. Get Bankerbird to open up the 2010 archives and you'll find Peyton and me saying re-sign this mofo right now. Dimi wanted him too but he tried Lofton lowball tactics on him and had to settle for a one year deal. Then he ate a franchise tag the next year. Ended up taking the TATF clowns' advice and let him walk. Was a baller when he was here. Still a baller. Better than any corner on our roster. Dimitroffed.

Yep. With the injury he had, there was a lot of doubt he could come back all the way. I don't blame the FO for Grimes leaving.

First clueless post I've seen from you in over three years. Injury my as. Miko was posting youtubes of her boo jumping up five stairs in a single bound, making jump cuts on a dime and accelerating faster than he ever did as a Falcon. Come back my as son. He was back when he went on his Dimitroffed FA tour.

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Hindsight my as. Get Bankerbird to open up the 2010 archives and you'll find Peyton and me saying re-sign this mofo right now. Dimi wanted him too but he tried Lofton lowball tactics on him and had to settle for a one year deal. Then he ate a franchise tag the next year. Ended up taking the TATF clowns' advice and let him walk. Was a baller when he was here. Still a baller. Better than any corner on our roster. Dimitroffed.

Injured 2 seasons in a row, no pass rush. Coming off a torn Achilles, trying to cover WRs for 2 minutes would only wear that thing out more. Grimes is a good play no doubt, and I wish we still had him, but there is no way that he'd playing at the same level here as he is in Miami. Him having a successful career in Atlanta was just not meant to be.

TD should have signed Grimes to an extension after the 2010 season. Major blunder by him. Grimes can flat out ball when he is healthy

personally I dodn't understand why we didnt sign him long term instead of franchising him. Would have cost us less. granted if we kept Grimes we probably never draft Trufant.

Injured 2 seasons in a row, no pass rush. Coming off a torn Achilles, trying to cover WRs for 2 minutes would only wear that thing out more. Grimes is a good play no doubt, and I wish we still had him, but there is no way that he'd playing at the same level here as he is in Miami. Him having a successful career in Atlanta was just not meant to be.

Yet you're probably one of the TATFers riding Tru's balls through the no pass rush Nolan zone. Grimes wouldn't have dropped the five picks Tru dropped in the no pass rush Nolan zone. Trust me. Face it folks. We got Dimitroffed. Buddy was a top five corner when he was here and still is. He demonstrated enough health to put on a Dimitroffed FA tour to more than three teams, landed a deal and balled. Will probably go to another Bowl this year.

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Yet you're probably one of the TATFers riding Tru's balls through the no pass rush Nolan zone. Grimes wouldn't have dropped the five picks Tru dropped in the no pass rush Nolan zone. Trust me. Face it folks. We got Dimitroffed. Buddy was a top five corner when he was here and still is. He demonstrated enough health to put on a Dimitroffed FA tour to more than three teams, landed a deal and balled. Will probably go to another Bowl this year.

I agree with you man, I wish we still had Grimes too, but after two years of no play and big pay, no respectable GM would have given him a big day. Even the Dolphins had only given him a 1 year deal.

I dont care how good he is, I'm just glad I don't have read about his wife's drama on the boards. Brent is gone and I've been over it. Hundreds of NFL players move to different teams for a myriad of reasons and find ways to act professionally about it. Trufant is going to be better anyway.

Move on people.

I love how people act like Grimes owes the falcons something. Sure we paid him 10 mil for like 1 game, BUT dude was working for chump change for multiple years here. He got paid his worth only one year. Also Grimes had the talent to be big anywhere. Dude showed flashes before Smitty and TD were even apart of this organization. they were lucky that the previous GM found that GM and made sure to sign him.The NFL is business. Grimes is not owed anything and the players are not owed anything by the falcons. If they were, then Abe would have retired here and Grimes would have still been a falcon.

Grimes (or his wife anyway) is the one acting like the Falcons owe him something. We made him. He needs to tell his wife to shut the **** up and get over it.

The Colts dumped Peyton Freaking Manning for Christs sake. I don't see his wife whining about it on NFL Network.

personally I dodn't understand why we didnt sign him long term instead of franchising him. Would have cost us less. granted if we kept Grimes we probably never draft Trufant.

Pure Dimitroffity bro. Could have locked him into a five year deal after the 2010 season at a modest cap hit. He'd still have a year left on that deal and still ballin at a Top Five Pro Bowl level. And for all yall clueless mofos saying Tru is just as good just slap yourself. Where are these plays from Tru:

Pure Dimitroffity bro. Could have locked him into a five year deal after the 2010 season at a modest cap hit. He'd still have a year left on that deal and still ballin at a Top Five Pro Bowl level. And for all yall clueless mofos saying Tru is just as good just slap yourself. Where are these plays from Tru:

Grimes had Abe to work with and a decent pass rush in Miami. Don't knock Trufant when there is no need for it. Both are good CB's

Grimes (or his wife anyway) is the one acting like the Falcons owe him something. We made him. He needs to tell his wife to shut the **** up and get over it.

The Colts dumped Peyton Freaking Manning for Christs sake. I don't see his wife whining about it on NFL Network.

We did not make him. This coaching staff has not made anyone. People have grown despite of this regime. She is over it. She was just trying to clear it up for the stupid falcon fans that think Grimes did not love this team or give it his all when he was here.