Coach Smith Will Decide Julio Jones' (Hip) Week 16 Status On Sunday Morning.

Coach Mike Smith said the Falcons will decide Julio Jones' (hip) Week 16 status on Sunday morning.

Julio didn't practice Wednesday, and we don't expect him to do so at all this week. He's dealing with a labrum issue in his hip. All we can do is wait until 11:30 AM ET Sunday morning for a decision. We'll continue to provide any updates, but we're unlikely to learn anything before the weekend.
Edited by falcon_owns_nfc_south

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach has been known to play WR's less then 100 per cent. I wish they would activate Reedy even if JJ can play, his speed can help a few plays and will catch the Aints by surprise. With most of our WR's aging I just don't see why MS won't take a look at Reedy a few snaps and bring Amsterdam in on the PS. Otherwise we will have to use a 1-5 draft pick on a WR in next year's draft when we have so many other needs. MS ought to try a few different things, it might save jobs?

He's done for the season. Coach Smith is just playing games with our mind again (2 more games after that he can't mess with our heads)

probably so. Mike Smith is a known liar when it comes to injuries - thinks it gains him a gamesmanship advantage - I understand the strategy, just think it is tremendously overblown.

If Julio is another "game-time" decision - for real - to me that means he probably should not be playing anyway. Julio is the future of this team and there is no use blowing our future on this pathetic season in this game we are likely to lose anyway.

I bet we won't see him the rest of the year.

probably so. Mike Smith is a known liar when it comes to injuries - thinks it gains him a gamesmanship advantage - I understand the strategy, just think it is tremendously overblown.

If Julio is another "game-time" decision - for real - to me that means he probably should not be playing anyway. Julio is the future of this team and there is no use blowing our future on this pathetic season in this game we are likely to lose anyway.

I agree with you both. Mike Smith constantly gives injury updates that couldn't be further from the truth. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Julio doesn't play for the remainder of the regular season.

Robert Alford's 2-4 week wrist injury is a prime example.

Edited by #1ATLFALCONSFAN

Don't know who they are trying to confuse us or the saints.

Last week he going to start but decided to pull him last minute.

Now, He might NOT practice whole week but would be decided on Sunday morning... Coach Smith, We are done with your &@#&$#$& ... You are getting pink slip on Monday 29th and hope before new year

Yeah, he's gone for the season ---- all this is a ploy, to make the Aints have to at least partially plan for Julio being in there.

This injury is fairly serious, and if he tries to go before it's healed, he could cause much further damage to his HIP/LEG area --- I say, set him out at least another game.

Heck, we come within a touchdown of tying the Steelers without him --- and I think that RIGHT NOW, the Steelers are the better team!

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS, BEAT 'DEM "AINTS"!!!!!!!

Is that what Bo Jackson had, that ruined his career?

Julio is not on IR yet, so I doubt its a major tear. Thats usually a season ending injury. Its possible he just has something as mild as a severe bruise, which can hurt when walking and hurt like **** if you get hit on it.

I agree with you both. Mike Smith constantly gives injury updates that couldn't be further from the truth. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Julio doesn't play for the remainder of the regular season.

Robert Alford's 2-4 week wrist injury is a prime example.

If Julio doesn't play for the remainder of the regular season then he won't play again until next year period, cuz we're not making the playoffs without him on the field.