Fast Starts And 2Nd Half Woes To 1St Half Woes And 2Nd Half Explosion Wtf?

Smitty gets risky when he's desperate which works just enough to close the gap, but not enough to take a lead. Had he taken that mentality throughout am entire game wed be 16-0 going into the playoffs and winning the Superbowl this year, despite having the worst defense in the league. Unfortunately he tips his cap so much he cant see how bad were failing with a lead to take any risks before its too late. 4th and 1 in the red zone near the goal line and he's like "Too Risky, Let's Punt and give our defense a chance to make a stop!"

Edited by RideOrDieIce

It seems as if it has coincided with kicking off to start the game the last few weeks. We start off on defense in the first half and spend the majority of the time trying to keep up with the opponent. Then we gain the ball first to start the 2nd half and come out smoking. My conclusion, we tend to dominate the halves that we open with the ball

Yep, when the offense puts up a decent amount of points, the defense collapses and gives up a ton. If the defense is playing tight, the offense can't get a first down. I blame it all on TD and Smith.

I think of it more as parody. We had a good little stretch of games going our way for 5 years and the last couple things have gone the other way.

We either start fast and emplode late, or start slow and cnt catch up in time.

I think its a case of playing not to lose instead of cutting it loose.

This is exactly why im so worried about sunday, smitty balls are going to be screwed on pretty tight, so one bad call and I can see this thing spiraling out of control.

Smitty just can't get a break...darned if does/darned if he don't.

I suppose MR throwing a pick six and embarrassing himself the 1st half against Pack...spawned a comeback.

Against Pitt I guess it took an int/6 and getting blasted.

Don't touch MR...good 1st half.

Hit MR early...good 2nd half.

Smitty should hit MR before kickoff...to start the game.

Yep, when the offense puts up a decent amount of points, the defense collapses and gives up a ton. If the defense is playing tight, the offense can't get a first down. I blame it all on TD and Smith.

hey lets not leave Mike "I love the nickel defense even when it doesn't work at all and I think Kim Biermann is our best edge rusher of all time ever second only to Babineaux even though he is a DT" Nolan out of this

All the sudden we are ballin in the 2nd half but cant do **** in the 1st half, does this just mean we play terrible with a lead or are we closer to putting a full game together now that we have figured it out in the 2nd half? Sadly I think we are just terrible with a lead!

Lol... I was thinking this just the other day. But all I came up with is that the halftime adjustments are working. These next 2 games should be interesting to see.

Smitty just can't get a break...darned if does/darned if he don't.

I suppose MR throwing a pick six and embarrassing himself the 1st half against Pack...spawned a comeback.

Against Pitt I guess it took an int/6 and getting blasted.

Don't touch MR...good 1st half.

Hit MR early...good 2nd half.

Smitty should hit MR before kickoff...to start the game.

really??

Well I guess the lions browns is MR fault..

I guess in the past going for it on 4th and short is now a bad idea, which cost us against pits, even with the int/6

Guess none of that is smitty bad management skills..

Edited by madman88