Sunday Decides The Season.

xskyx

I just hope Mike Smith doesn't do anything stupid to cost us this game.

Wouldn't surprise me on the first kickoff to the Falcons from the sAint's if Smitty doesn't call a freaking time out to try and freeze the kicker......... Kidding of course. I know what you mean, these last 2 games there should be nothing left on the table for the Falcons, no play it safe with a lead football like Smitty is known for, throw everything you've got out there on the field and hope for a win. Play all 4 QTRs and every single down. Listen to this FALCONS!!!!! Some good advice!!!!!

Edited by GeorgiaFalconFan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

A Saints win + Panthers loss clenches a the division for them.

The Falcons control their destiny still. Repeat week 1, or possibly begin the offseason a week early.

Rise up!

This is wrong, even if the Panthers lose and we win, both the Saints and the Falcons will be 6-9. Then if we lose week 17 and they win week 17, they will have the better record.

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Just saying what I read on NFL.com

Haha, well it's wrong then.

Falcons: 5-9

@ New Orleans: W- 6-9

v Carolina: L-6-10

New Olreans:

v Atlanta- L 6-9

@ Tampa Bay- W-7-9.

We can't clinch this week.

Trust me on this...the Falcons have already lost this game. The mere thought of this team trying to win a meaningful game is enough to make them fall into the fetal position and crap their pants. The Falcons will lose big in this one. BIG I say.

Stains 37

Clueless Sissy Falcons 10

We control our destiny with 2 games left.I'll take that in a heartbeat.This will likely be Smitty and TD's last stand.So these are playoff games in reality.I for one am very excited to see if we can "Rise Up" one last time.

I am with ya there. If The Falcons win the it's all sweet and they live another week! If they lose then maybe we are seeing the last of smith as HC. A win against the taints is all that matters but if we can"t get that out of our team then watching smith depart would help ease some pain.

Trust me on this...the Falcons have already lost this game. The mere thought of this team trying to win a meaningful game is enough to make them fall into the fetal position and crap their pants. The Falcons will lose big in this one. BIG I say.

Stains 37

Clueless Sissy Falcons 10

The only sissy I am seeing is you. MAN UP AND RISE UP!! rolleyes.gif

Edited by Goal2Go

This team has to much to overcome to win this Sunday. The biggest being mike smiths mentality. I can see him talking up the saints now. Now guys they're a very good football team(not) and we should expect this game to come down to the wire blah blah. He's so unmotivating it's unreal.

That's something I've always wondered about. Why does he always expect the game to come the wire? Is that a part of his media speak, and he tells the players something different?

This is wrong, even if the Panthers lose and we win, both the Saints and the Falcons will be 6-9. Then if we lose week 17 and they win week 17, they will have the better record.

The post didn't say we clinch, just we still control our own destiny and with a win against the Panthers week 17 we would win division.

The Falcons don't need the Panthers to lose to be eliminated though. The Falcons are out if they lose no matter what. The Panthers aren't going to lose this week I don't think though, unless Johnny Football makes a might leap. He might though, stranger things have happened.

If the Saints beat the Falcons on Sunday, Atlanta is technically still alive as follows: Atlanta would need to win the NFC South and that would only occur if on the last weekend of the season the Saints lose to Tampa and our Birds beat Carolina. Under this scenario, Atlanta wins the Division.

The Falcons don't need the Panthers to lose to be eliminated though. The Falcons are out if they lose no matter what. The Panthers aren't going to lose this week I don't think though, unless Johnny Football makes a might leap. He might though, stranger things have happened.

If the Saints beat the Falcons on Sunday, Atlanta is technically still alive as follows: Atlanta would need to win the NFC South and that would only occur if on the last weekend of the season the Saints lose to Tampa and our Birds beat Carolina. Under this scenario, Atlanta wins the Division.

If we lose to the Saints we are done. We would be two games back of the Saints with one to go. Edited by mojo7877