Playoff? Yes, Playoffs.

Falcon Freddie

Obviously, the Falcons have a hill to climb to win the NFC South Championship (for what it is this season,) but it's hardly an insurmountable challenge. Both the Saints and the Panthers are not world beaters this season, as their records amply illustrate. And the Falcons are not quite as woebegone as some will have them. I don't believe anyone can honestly say they would be willing to bet a significant amount of money on the proposition that the Falcons would NOT win the 2014 NFC South Championship.

Two wins and we're in - despite it all this season. How can any authentic Falcons fan for any reason maintain they wouldn't want to see the ATL host a playoff game? To not see the Falcons have at least a chance to make it to the Super Bowl?

No one with a brain..

When the season went into the toilet early on I wanted to lose out get the best draft pick.

Now that we can get in still I want in. I want in bad!

However if we lose this week I want to lose the final week to get a better draft pick.

It really isn't that difficult... Surely with someone with a minimum 8th grade education could figure it out

Obviously, the Falcons have a hill to climb to win the NFC South Championship (for what it is this season,) but it's hardly an insurmountable challenge. Both the Saints and the Panthers are not world beaters this season, as their records amply illustrate. And the Falcons are not quite as woebegone as some will have them. I don't believe anyone can honestly say they would be willing to bet a significant amount of money on the proposition that the Falcons would NOT win the 2014 NFC South Championship.

Two wins and we're in - despite it all this season. How can any authentic Falcons fan for any reason maintain they wouldn't want to see the ATL host a playoff game? To not see the Falcons have at least a chance to make it to the Super Bowl?

U fukn high? A 13-3 team two times over can't even hold 17+ pt leads at home but that same coach takes a 7 win team to the SB?

GTFO and then slap yourself with a crowbar.

U fukn high? A 13-3 team two times over can't even hold 17+ pt leads at home but that same coach takes a 7 win team to the SB?

GTFO and then slap yourself with a crowbar.

He said a chance at the Super Bowl as you know every team in the Playoffs has a chance to get in it doesn't matter how they got in the playoffs they are competing for a chance at the Super Bowl. What would you like for the Falcons to just drop these two games and lose out.

He said a chance at the Super Bowl as you know every team in the Playoffs has a chance to get in it doesn't matter how they got in the playoffs they are competing for a chance at the Super Bowl. What would you like for the Falcons to just drop these two games and lose out.

You must be his dealer. Not every team has a chance just cuz they eek into the playoffs. Obviously this team's playoff record hasn't taught you anything. This team sucks. We had better teams and #1 seeds and we couldn't do dikall with it. But this bunch of circus clowns are going to the super bowl? Vegas would have better odds on you coming out tomorrow morning to find a unicorn taking a dump on your morning paper than the falcons winning the SB. Good Lord.

Wow! All I can say is, I like your spunk!!! I'm a "lifer" with this team, and NOBODY is a bigger fan than me --- but I just don't see us gettin' in, this year, bro ---

You must be his dealer. Not every team has a chance just cuz they eek into the playoffs. Obviously this team's playoff record hasn't taught you anything. This team sucks. We had better teams and #1 seeds and we couldn't do dikall with it. But this bunch of circus clowns are going to the super bowl? Vegas would have better odds on you coming out tomorrow morning to find a unicorn taking a dump on your morning paper than the falcons winning the SB. Good Lord.

You didn't answer the question what you want the Falcons to do lose out? You know we win the next two games we are in nobody said anybody is going to a Super Bowl if you read the post correctly it says a CHANCE the possibility is high we lose at the Saints but if we win the next two we are in the playoffs anything can happen in any game. Nobody said they were guaranteeing the Falcons are going to the Super Bowl read my post and his post the scenario would be nice, amazing, f***ing miraculous if the Falcons made it to the Super Bowl but I highly doubt it with this defense not being able to stop a grandmother

You didn't answer the question what you want the Falcons to do lose out? You know we win the next two games we are in nobody said anybody is going to a Super Bowl if you read the post correctly it says a CHANCE the possibility is high we lose at the Saints but if we win the next two we are in the playoffs anything can happen in any game. Nobody said they were guaranteeing the Falcons are going to the Super Bowl read my post and his post the scenario would be nice, amazing, f***ing miraculous if the Falcons made it to the Super Bowl but I highly doubt it with this defense not being able to stop a grandmother

Nah I want them to win every game, even when I know it's only to create a sliver of light so they can later bury it under an avalanche of dumfukkery.

My point is there is zero chance. Zero. These coaches could have the NFC pro bowl team, and they would find a way to shat the bed. Would this team stand a chance, albeit a slight one, with coaches that don't think 2+x = jello? Sure. But that is not the case. I can't prove it but I am pretty sure Smitty is related to both Jessica and Homer Simpson. He is that fukn dumb.

Nah I want them to win every game, even when I know it's only to create a sliver of light so they can later bury it under an avalanche of dumfukkery.

My point is there is zero chance. Zero. These coaches could have the NFC pro bowl team, and they would find a way to shat the bed. Would this team stand a chance, albeit a slight one, with coaches that don't think 2+x = jello? Sure. But that is not the case. I can't prove it but I am pretty sure Smitty is related to both Jessica and Homer Simpson. He is that fukn dumb.

I think if we win this week our chances are good to get in the playoffs, if we lose we all know we just gotta start watching basketball season. If we win at the Saints the Falcons can't sleep on the panthers neither not after what they did to the saints if we win both games. I think we can pull-out a win just cuz it's in the Georgia Dome, but would definitely get put out in the divisional round for sure. Which I think is Green Bay if we win Wild-Card weekend but the first step is win in NOLA the playoffs start this weekend for us lets hope Smitty mans up. Since you give the Falcons zero percent I got a little faith in these dirty birds I give em 10% at a chance to get to the big game and that's me being generous Edited by Cali_Falcon_1184

Pacific_F, serious question (try to answer with the least amount of negativity), if you are sooooo down on the Atlanta Falcons, why do you spend so much time on these boards?

I don't like salad...but I don't waste time going to my local Souper Salad restaurant telling everyone why salad sucks!

If we get into the playoffs and lose, smitty gets fired either way. If we get to the playoffs and actually win a game; we are then 2 games away from the Super Bowl. The draft and such concerns are for the future.

I don't care if we get to the Super Bowl and win I want Smitty fired Arthur can fire him during the trophy presentation for all I care. If we win by some miracle if we do get in I will drop a $500 offering at Church and go to the strip club and make it rain and if we do pull off some crazy stuff like that it's not because of Smitty's coaching its because Julio and Ryan would probably go ape s*** like Fitz and Warner did in 2008 but again the Defense at least has to pretend to be present during the playoffs.

Pacific_F, serious question (try to answer with the least amount of negativity), if you are sooooo down on the Atlanta Falcons, why do you spend so much time on these boards?

I don't like salad...but I don't waste time going to my local Souper Salad restaurant telling everyone why salad sucks!

If you like something enough, you're far from content when you know it sucks. If you like a steak and it's burned as **** you don't talk about how wonderful the parsley on the side of the plate is. Not down on the franchise, just think there's lots of room for improvement from the leadership. We've all seen worse, but dismissing the notion of making the playoffs and doing something with a team that half the time can't get out of it's own way isn't negative, it's realistic.

I just want a motherF***ing Super Bowl this franchise has been around since 1966 I feel for the old timers who have been down with this team since it began. s*** would be a lot different if we had an owner like Blank instead of Smith from the beginning we woulda probably won a couple already f*** it when we do win the Super Bowl somebody's gonna have to call a cab for me cuz I will get obliterated that night and probably punch a fan who says something bad about the Falcons when we win

If you like something enough, you're far from content when you know it sucks. If you like a steak and it's burned as **** you don't talk about how wonderful the parsley on the side of the plate is. Not down on the franchise, just think there's lots of room for improvement from the leadership. We've all seen worse, but dismissing the notion of making the playoffs and doing something with a team that half the time can't get out of it's own way isn't negative, it's realistic.

Fair enough. Good post. Thanks.

If my steak was burnt once, then I talk to the server and send it back. If the steak is continually tore up each time I go there...I simply stop going for awhile.

Thanks again for the intelligent reply.

Edited by Since1990