My Stab At An Early Mock - Flame Away

If we win the division this might not work, but for right now I'm drafting based on our record, not #21 as division winner.....we got plenty of FA $$$ to go after at least one more big time pass rusher and possibly another upgrade to the O line.

#1 ) Shane Ray OLBer Mizzou

Nuff said, don't think there would be too many hating on this pick.

#2) Todd Gurley RB UGA

If he is there at 7th pick round 2 is a no brainer. Then the injury was a blessing in disguise for us. I really do not think he gets out of the first, but as of NOW he is projected as a second round pick. You do not pass on a RB that draws comparisons to Jim Brown LMFAO .....Helps Art sell some PSLs

#3) Clive Walford TE Miami

Not blazing fast, but knows how to get open and highly productive until went down with a knee injury. Decent blocker. A complete TE IMO, he reminds me a lot of a young Heath Miller. Good value at a position of need.

#4) Reggie Ragland ILBer Bama

Big physical thumper, very capable of stuffing the run

#5) Terry Williams DT ECU

Grady Junior

#6) Jalston Fowler FB Bama

Don't have to worry about 3rd/4th and 1 anymore with him and Gurley in town.

#7) Bo Wallace QB Ole Miss

Got to keep some young QB talent coming up on the back end. Comp for Renfree.

I like it. I agree if Gurley is there at our 2nd you take him. ACL rehad is about 9-12 months. September 15 would be 10 months meaning he should be ready or close to ready. I would have liked to see a double dip at de or dt though. we need depth badly. I don't think the new regime resigns Peters and I can see them cutting babs.

I like it. I agree if Gurley is there at our 2nd you take him. ACL rehad is about 9-12 months. September 15 would be 10 months meaning he should be ready or close to ready. I would have liked to see a double dip at de or dt though. we need depth badly. I don't think the new regime resigns Peters and I can see them cutting babs.

I thought about that but I figured we could take care of that in FA.....I started to go DE in the 3rd, but figured the TE would have more instant impact, just not many 3rd round Des that get after it right away. I went away from D after Ray wanting to get 2 more pass rushers in FA ...

Love it except for Bo Wallace. Gag me with a pitch fork.

I have zero problem with taking Gurley in the 2nd if there, but just my opinion i like Tevin Coleman better. Thats purely just who i like though. I realize Gurley is rated higher by every other person alive.

Wallace is streaky and raw but he has the tools and I have seen him absolutely dominate at times.....The WVU QB might work there too. Any developmental QB with some skill in the 7th would work. And yea, if Gurley gone insert Coleman or maybe Yeldon there, I love Coleman as well but Gurley absolutely grinds Ds to dust in the 4th...... .....

I don't mind the draft I'd be really interested to see what you got in FA and with cuts/releases and what not also.

As you can bet Osi Biermann & SJAX are casualties for sure.

Fingers crossed for someone like P-Willi or Justin Houston.

I personally believe we need a defensive leader a tone setter we just don't have that right now.If at all possible we grabbed any of those 2 it transforms the defense from day dot and a guy like Ray will only benefit from a pickup like this.

There aren't a lot of ILB options this year, but we really need one who's more capable of covering a RB or TE than stopping the run, IMO.

Overall I'd really be on board with your draft. I'd also like to see an OG to at least develop, though. Maybe with our other 7th that you don't list?

I have zero problem with taking Gurley in the 2nd if there, but just my opinion i like Tevin Coleman better. Thats purely just who i like though. I realize Gurley is rated higher by every other person alive.

Its ok tho, Coleman will probably be there in the second, Gurley will most likely not. I will be shocked if he doesnt go top 35 picks.

I know for a fact that there is at least one other person... still alive last I checked, that rates Coleman equal to or slightly higher than Gurley.

I know for a fact that there is at least one other person... still alive last I checked, that rates Coleman equal to or slightly higher than Gurley.

Who is this genius you speak of?

What you all think of the Walford pick ? this guy is totally legit IMO ....

I like it alot. I remember noticing him last year and told myself to keep my eye on him. He looks like a complete TE to me. Maybe somewhat Dwayne Allen ish?