Expect Falcons’ Roster Overhaul Regardless Of Finish

atljbo

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Bryant has been the best clutch kicker I have ever seen and he deserves every penny, but I don't know if they are going to pay him 3 or 4 million dollars to hit clutch kicks when they probably realize that he isn't going to be in many clutch kick situations next year.

IDK, we have a franchise QB with some weapons around him if we get a few pieces and someone competent running the show, we could certainly compete for the division next year.

I'd rather not use one of our higher picks on kicker if we can avoid it, and he'd take at least a 3rd.

I have no idea on round, just thinking of a cheaper option that would still be good. I was thinking 5th or 6th, but I don't know anything about draft, I'm not a mocker or GM.

I am sorry but I can not take anyone who things 2.8 million in this day and age is a "big salary"

Of course we are going to have turnover.. EVERY team in the league does most of out core on offense will be back, as will most of our secondary and most of our defensive line

Talent is not the problem.

The fact that our front 7 bottled up one of the best backs in the league showed that to be true. Our scheme particularly on defense is the SINGLE biggest reason we struggle on D.

When our guys upfront are allowed to just man up and play their gap they are good..... when we have them stunting and twisting and doing things that guys their size should really not be doing... we are bad.

I think the Falcons should, but I do wonder and question whether they will re-sign him or not. Hey, remember the experiment with Bosher playing Punter and Kicker years ago? That didn't work out good at all. Although I do wonder how it might work out at this point in time since he's got a few years of experience and knows how to handle things "I HOPE" a little better...... Not saying the Falcons should do that. Just saying, it would be interesting to see how he might handle that situation after some playing time in the NFL.

Not a big deal, but that was Koenen, not Bosher. The Falcon historian in me couldn't let that slide :D

But Spoon cant stay healthy. Which means his agent will tell him to get the most $ possible. One more injury, and he's probably out of the league...

That has nothing to do with injury. Agents will always try to get their clients the most money possible. It's kinda their job.

that is a lot! also, even the best GMs are wrong about 50% of the time - every move won't work out.

It is, but it's possible. We have to laser focus on the positions of need and hope pick likes Hageman pan out. Spoon coming back healthy could be a huge value asset to a new, competent DC. It's always a crap shoot, but we've seen it happen before. Sometimes a fresh set of eyes on the talent is all that a team needs.

My thoughts as well. If we get rid of Bryant, we'd better bring in a stud kicker to replace him. He's shown zero signs of slowing down, and he might be our MVP most seasons.

If Bryant leaves we better draft Aguayo from Florida State, that kid is a stud and will be in the league a long time. Get A Stud DE,Gurley and we are a lot better team.

Yep, there will be an overhaul. That whole front 7 needs it.

Not really

We just need a scheme that utilizes the talents better.

We need better edge play in both the pass and run but the scheme will help with the edge run defense.... but we need someone with more than 1 move on the edge.

we need 2 new players at the most and they are at linebacker.