Expect Falcons’ Roster Overhaul Regardless Of Finish

atljbo

We need talent but we need a culture change as much.... We should walk into this offseason with nearly 35 mil (with releases) ... Mr.Blank needs a winner with this new expensive stadium coming up...

Whatever GM and HC we have will have a boatload of money to spend... I dont think this team is a total rebuild but i do think our D is a total rebuild .. Specifically the D-Line

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ppl does not realize that .. It was coach smith and nolan idea to do the bigger and stronger offseason that we had

This off season wasn't the problem, it was last off season that screwed up the team.

All of them should be fired. Clean slate.

i fully agree but also not addressing your pass rush like previous years was a HUGE mistake .

I agree tho .. Clean Slate

I do think its a chance TD and Pioli stays even tho i think its just time to restart fresh

Of the people he listed that are likely to be gone I'd agree with most. HD will probably be back with some contract tweaks. I think they find a way to bring Bryant back. Spoon will likely be here on a 1 year deal.

I think Blalock has a good chance of going. Sounds crazy but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Clabo type move that nobody really saw coming. Since we've been going with the current Oline he may actually be the weakest link out there. Not sure what we'd save by cutting him though so that may save him.

We need talent but we need a culture change as much.... We should walk into this offseason with nearly 35 mil (with releases) ... Mr.Blank needs a winner with this new expensive stadium coming up...

Whatever GM and HC we have will have a boatload of money to spend... I dont think this team is a total rebuild but i do think our D is a total rebuild .. Specifically the D-Line

I'm not sure that it's a total rebuild. We have a lot of solid talent throughout. Honestly, if you were just to add a pass rush, we'd be at least a middle of the road defense.

Of the people he listed that are likely to be gone I'd agree with most. HD will probably be back with some contract tweaks. I think they find a way to bring Bryant back. Spoon will likely be here on a 1 year deal. I think Blalock has a good chance of going. Sounds crazy but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Clabo type move that nobody really saw coming. Since we've been going with the current Oline he may actually be the weakest link out there. Not sure what we'd save by cutting him though so that may save him.

I forgot about them listing Blalock. Yeah, he could very well be gone if we can find a better replacement. My ideal right now, would be if the Ravens, as expected, cut Yanda, then put him at RG, and Asamoah at LG. Our pass blocking would be equal imo, and our run blocking would improve dramatically.

The only ones on that list I'd even entertain re-signing are:

Ice Bryant - only if we can fix everything else. Should've drafted Kai Forbath in 2011

Featherspoon - if he can pass a physical and take a modest Lofton lowball deal. We need backers. He's still our best

Dimi dcked this roster up bad. If he somehow ends up on the payroll in 2015, Blank should go ahead and get his rest via retirement.

I find it difficult to pronounce hate on TD, knowing how much input a HC usually has, and knowing how little that our draft picks have been developed under Smith, and how improperly our FAs have been used. We just don't know how much was either. Many here have said before that Jimmy Johnson is more to praise for that Cowboys roster than Jerry Jones, so why is that not true here?

I adamantly disagree with your analysis but.....even if I accepted your "take" as gospel - let me ask you this: WHO SELECTED THE HEAD COACH?

I'm not sure that it's a total rebuild. We have a lot of solid talent throughout. Honestly, if you were just to add a pass rush, we'd be at least a middle of the road defense.

A good coach could get a lot more out of our existing offense. We could use some OL depth and a TE, and a RB, but that's about it. A DE/OLB, a couple ILBs, a safety and some CB depth could turn this D around to at least mid tier level D.

I don't think its the overhaul people are making it out to be.

i fully agree but also not addressing your pass rush like previous years was a HUGE mistake .

I agree tho .. Clean Slate

I do think its a chance TD and Pioli stays even tho i think its just time to restart fresh

Did Pioli draft some garbage in KC and overpaid him there and did it again

with the same Fk'n player here?

Did we become better on defense with Piolis additions or worse?

Are we seeing the same boochit preferential treatment of coaches here

like we do our players?

Guess what,,, Keith Armstrong aint going to hang around after this season.

He will move up the food chain with a new team.

Same as,,, Joe D',,, Musgrave.... c'mon Jbo,, help me finish this list....

A good coach could get a lot more out of our existing offense. We could use some OL depth and a TE, and a RB, but that's about it. A DE/OLB, a couple ILBs, a safety and some CB depth could turn this D around to at least mid tier level D.

I don't think its the overhaul people are making it out to be.

as long as you have the QB - you are waaaaay ahead. While I still don't think Matt is elite - he is not the problem - so it is not a total rebuild. Having said that, we have almost a total rebuild on the defense.

as long as you have the QB - you are waaaaay ahead. While I still don't think Matt is elite - he is not the problem - so it is not a total rebuild. Having said that, we have almost a total rebuild on the defense.

Resign Spoon, grab a vet ILB, a vet CB, a FS, get the 2 best OLBs in the draft. We could do that in the draft and with a coule FA splashes.

This team is going to struggle again next season, but it is always better to be young and struggling than it is to be old and struggling.The most frustrating thing about the d*cked up nature of this team is that it got this way in what should have been the most prime part of Ryan's career.

Exactly. I feel so bad for Ryan. He could lead us to a SB but our team is so sorry and so is our staff.

Matt Bryant has been the best clutch kicker I have ever seen and he deserves every penny, but I don't know if they are going to pay him 3 or 4 million dollars to hit clutch kicks when they probably realize that he isn't going to be in many clutch kick situations next year.

Draft that Florida State kicker if he declares, kid is money.