Vicious Hit On Matt Ryan

VTCrunkler

idc if its already been posted or a thread was made earlier. make sure to read the talkback.

now if jake was so pissed, why didnt he or anyone stand up for ryan then and there.

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2014/12/15/7399359/jake-matthews-vicious-hit-on-matt-ryan-was-unacceptable-and-pissed

the roughing the passer was absolutely the right call and jason worlids actually hits ryan on the chin. worilds really needs to be fined for this. im really surprised there was no concussion there.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

now if jake was so pissed, why didnt he or anyone stand up for ryan then and there.

For what it's worth, rookie left tackle Jake Matthews took the hit on Ryan personally. Credit to the Atlanta Falcons' Reid Ferrin for the quote.

“Honestly, I was very pissed off. As an offensive lineman, we take great pride in protecting the quarterback and never want to see him take a hit like that. We have to make sure to clean up those types of mistakes. That is unacceptable.”

Matthews is pissed at himself and OL for allowing Ryan to get lit up, not at Worlids for hitting Ryan.

oh, i see. well....why didnt matthews chew said linemen out on the spot? smile.png

For what it's worth, rookie left tackle Jake Matthews took the hit on Ryan personally. Credit to the Atlanta Falcons' Reid Ferrin for the quote.

“Honestly, I was very pissed off. As an offensive lineman, we take great pride in protecting the quarterback and never want to see him take a hit like that. We have to make sure to clean up those types of mistakes. That is unacceptable.”

Matthews is pissed at himself and OL for allowing Ryan to get lit up, not at Worlids for hitting Ryan.

I don't know. But you do bring up a good point. I think a lot of the players were slightly shocked and waiting to see if Matt Ryan was going to get up after that hit, the way the back of his head hit the turf and the way he was blinking his eyes while down I thought for sure he had just suffered a concussion.

While I don't think it was particularly a dirty play, the one play where Matt Ryan ran with the ball and slid, I can't remember who it was for the Steelers but the Steelers player basically rolled over Matt Ryan, maybe I'm wrong but I think 99% of the time there is a roughing the QB penalty being called on incidents like that.

I guess that's NFL football, 15 yard penalty if you can take out the QB or at least upset his rhythm when it comes to the passing game might be worth the effort.

I don't know. But you do bring up a good point. I think a lot of the players were slightly shocked and waiting to see if Matt Ryan was going to get up after that hit, the way the back of his head hit the turf and the way he was blinking his eyes while down I thought for sure he had just suffered a concussion.

While I don't think it was particularly a dirty play, the one play where Matt Ryan ran with the ball and slid, I can't remember who it was for the Steelers but the Steelers player basically rolled over Matt Ryan, maybe I'm wrong but I think 99% of the time there is a roughing the QB penalty being called on incidents like that.

I guess that's NFL football, 15 yard penalty if you can take out the QB or at least upset his rhythm when it comes to the passing game might be worth the effort.

yeah i thought that was going to be a penalty for sure. it should have been. ryan started his slide for a couple yards before he was contacted. if that were rodgers or breese, itd be a penalty for sure.

at half tomlin in his matter of fact but arrogant way said that the hit was not a penalty. there were some suspect calles against us ad definitely there was a false start on Foster #73 left guard on the 3rd down play to heath miller.

That was the hardest hit I've seen since Willy Mo piledrived that Ram in week 2 last year. As a Falcon fan I hated it but as a football fan I liked it and it made me miss big hits like that even more.

Jason Woriilds, formerly known as Jason adjepong had a good hit, and hes a vt player, so i should like that. except i didnt like it at all. matt ryan is "my" qb now.

matt ryan is a tough guy. plus he doesnt complain about anything. hes humble. thats why i like him. love to see him with a coach who will take the shackles off and unleash him. oh yeah, cut hd now!

idc if its already been posted or a thread was made earlier. make sure to read the talkback.

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2014/12/15/7399359/jake-matthews-vicious-hit-on-matt-ryan-was-unacceptable-and-pissed

the roughing the passer was absolutely the right call and jason worlids actually hits ryan on the chin. worilds really needs to be fined for this. im really surprised there was no concussion there.

Yeah, that hit scared the s**t outta me!!! Matt was down for over a minute, and the way he was blinking his eyes, looked like he was out for a few seconds.

Carimi, who got beat, is a piece of crap, and I hope he never sets foot on the field for us, again!!!

We are very lucky to have such a tough QB. And I hope we can fix this line for next year, so he doesn't have to continue to take those kinds of hits ---

Guest facelessman07

no one fought for ryan they just left him on the ground ...

Didn't you hear?

Jake was just mad at his teammates

NOT

He was pissed at Worilds, but did nothing

Guest facelessman07

Why would he be mad at Worlids and not the teammate who allowed it to happen? Lol, "I'm mad at you because you tackled my teammate hard"

I'm not the one saying Jake was pissed, Jake said Jake was pissed cuz he didn't take kindly to the hit

Yeah, that hit scared the s**t outta me!!! Matt was down for over a minute, and the way he was blinking his eyes, looked like he was out for a few seconds.

Carimi, who got beat, is a piece of crap, and I hope he never sets foot on the field for us, again!!!

We are very lucky to have such a tough QB. And I hope we can fix this line for next year, so he doesn't have to continue to take those kinds of hits ---

Carimi's play looked like he was so confused on that play Ryan got hit that he probably thought a Quarter Back means change for a dollar............

Guest facelessman07

Pretty sure there was nothing dirty about Worlids hit. Was Matt sliding in the pocket?

If it wasn't considered dirty by Jake then why did Jake get upset?

He needs to stop telling us how "pissed" he is after the game and man up and do something about it after the fact

Guest facelessman07

He's calling out the line without calling them out.

He's doing both

Show us Jake, don't tell us

All this team ever does is talk. When it comes time to walk, all they do is talk