4-3 Defense

arabfalcon

It is tougher to find a good pass-rushing 4-3 DE than a pass rusher from the 3-4 OLB position. For that reason, we are transitioning to the 3-4. IF we get a new coaching staff next season and we move back to the 4-3, we will waste the signings of Soliai and T Jackson.

Primary reason for this is the cost of the Front four is forbidding.

It is tougher to find a good pass-rushing 4-3 DE than a pass rusher from the 3-4 OLB position. For that reason, we are transitioning to the 3-4. IF we get a new coaching staff next season and we move back to the 4-3, we will waste the signings of Soliai and T Jackson.

you have no idea how defenses work, do you?

This team has the defensive lineman to play the 3-4. Only thing is, we don't have the linebackers, especially outside. We can fix that via free agency and the draft. Our current 4-3 DT are under one year contracts. Our 3-4 defensive lineman were huge free agent signings and a high draft pick. Guess who goes and who stays for now.

This team has the defensive lineman to play the 3-4. Only thing is, we don't have the linebackers, especially outside. We can fix that via free agency and the draft. Our current 4-3 DT are under one year contracts. Our 3-4 defensive lineman were huge free agent signings and a high draft pick. Guess who goes and who stays for now.

bingo, put So at the nose babs and jackson at the ends, have kroy(terrible by the way) paul, bartu , and mass at the backers

bingo, put So at the nose babs and jackson at the ends, have kroy(terrible by the way) paul, bartu , and mass at the backers

Let Kroy walk or cut him. Send Worrilow and Bartu to special teams. Let Mass play olb with the newly drafted and acquired backers. Re-sign Weatherspoon to a one year deal and put him inside.

Let Kroy walk or cut him. Send Worrilow and Bartu to special teams. Let Mass play olb with the newly drafted and acquired backers. Re-sign Weatherspoon to a one year deal and put him inside.

i can work with that but will spoon take a 1 year deal its time to part ways with him stealing money like willy mo

Get us some good edge rushers and Soliai and Jackson will do good in a 4-3 and when I say good somebody not named Biermann or Osi and get some real linebackers in here if anybody looks at the 2006 roster our defense was pretty solid the funny thing is back then offense was our problem or so we thought we kept asking for good receivers who can get open when in reality the Quarterback was the problem. Put Matt Ryan with that squad we would've won some championships

^^ Exactly Lornoth. I know it was college but Hage did well when they put him at 4-3 DE sometimes at Minn

Yeah Hage's not exactly perfect for it, but he's athletic enough to line up anywhere and have some success. If we didn't already know, this year proved Babs should never be asked to set the edge.

Though i was talking about using him as a 3-4 DE, if that wasn't clear.

idk about harder, but I agree it would make thoes signings pointless almost

This team does not have the personnel to run the 3-4 defense. NOBODY on the team has got the a$$ to man the nose in a 3-4. The nose has to be big (330lbs plus) and athletic enough to clog the middle and command a double team on each and every down. Soliai sure as he11 can't do it Tyson Jackson would be better suited for the nose than Soliai is.

If I were Nutty Nolan I would stay in the 4-3 with Jackson and Soliai as my DT's, Massaquoi and Maponga as DE's, Worrilow, Bartu and Shembo as LB's and Trufant and McClain/Wilson as CB's and Lowery and Moore or Ishmael if Moore can't go at Safety.

Bierman and Osi would only see the field if any of the starters got hurt. But it won't happen cause it makes too much sense. Stop all this crazy a$$ stunting and twisting bu11shit and just play gap responsibility. If this were to happen you would see a greatly improved defense.