Should I Feel Bad For Wanting A Top 10 Pick More Than I Want To Make The Playoffs

bdog 29

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably. I prefer what is best for the team long term (ie. better draft slot, burying any hope Smitty and Dimitroff have of keeping their jobs) while you think going to the playoffs is a pride thing. There is a fine line between pride and stubbornly wanting something despite it being bad for you.

There is pride in doing what you are paid to do. Which is to playing to win the game. Winning a game is never bad for you.

Sure you may get a little bit worse of a draft position, but there a million different things that come in to play with that.

What is the difference in picks?

The fact that their is no set draft board for college players. The ranking will change consistently.

Free agency

The plethora of things that can happen between now and 5 freaking months from now when the draft actually is

Too many mocker fockers prioritize their mock draft over winning games smh

Guest facelessman07

To quote Crazy Al Davis (may he rest in peace): Just Win, Baby, Win!

Yeah...that never really worked out for them too well lol

The ghost of Al Davis still haunts that team

Guest facelessman07

Losing is never best. Losing is only LOSING.

Please tell me what would've happened had we won those meaningless games everyone wanted so bad last year

F****KKKK THE SAINTS !!!!!!!

I never want to lose to those pieces of shiznit... I don't care if it means the # 1 pick for the next 3 years...

I wouldn't piss on a Saint fan if he was on fire and we were stuck in the dessert and it meant riches beyond my dreams...

F****KKKK THE SAINTS !!!!!!!

Guest facelessman07

Please tell me what would've happened had we gone 12-4 instead of 4-12.

Answer my question first

What would've happened if we went 5-11 or 6-10 instead of 4-12? What good would've come out of winning a few extra meaningless games?

And Matt Ryan would have been killed lol

As if Jake has been All Pro this year....

He definitely has improved as of late, but he hasn't been the top LT in the league like AD has been the top DT in the league. For all we know our offense would be a little less effective with another LT in and our defense would get a HUGE boost by having Donald. So you never know.

Thats exactly why you don't lose games for a better draft pick.

Guest facelessman07

He definitely has improved as of late, but he hasn't been the top LT in the league like AD has been the top DT in the league. For all we know our offense would be a little less effective with another LT in and our defense would get a HUGE boost by having Donald. So you never know.

And we could've had Baker manning the T spot

Oh, wait...

I call BS.

I hate the Saints but I hate what this coaching staff is doing to our team even more. One regular season over a team I hate isn't going to make me feel any better about the direction that Smitty and Co. are leading this team in. If I knew a win in New Orleans wouldn't make any difference and he'd be let go anyway then cool. The thought that after every misstep he's made that he may still be here by getting to 7 wins and a bunch of excuses subsequently being made sickens me. Sorry Supes, I'll be here and if we win I'll be happy but I'll be somewhat happy if we lose as well.

...then you should be tarred and feathered and fired as a "fan". And if you want to lose to our arch rivals come Sunday to assure the dismissal of Smitty and/or TD, you should be sent packing with them if and when they get their walking papers.

If you ever want to lose for any reason under any circumstance and especially to the hated Saints, you have some real issues in my book. And while it's been a disappointing and dismal season, you're saying you don't wanna see some post season play in January, even if it's "one and done"? You don't wanna have one last party with your friends and family or rock the Dome one last time this season? Is football not fun for you?

The greater good for any team is to win and a fan of any team supports winning, not losing. A new regime (or not), and draft picks will all play out in time. But our time is now to win out and squeak into the playoffs, starting with a devastating blow to the Saints come Sunday. You don't want to see that happen? What's wrong with you?

Simply put, winners want to win and losers want to lose. It really is as simple as that.

I'm on board, Supes.

Jake was not as effective earlier in the season due to his injury. Haven't you noticed his a lot better lately because he's healthier . Protecting our QB is more important. Look at last years results . You think this coaching staff would have played Donald over our highly priced free agents? Look at Hageman's playing time.

Guest facelessman07

Jake was not as effective earlier in the season due to his injury. Haven't you noticed his a lot better lately because he's healthier . Protecting our QB is more important. Look at last years results . You think this coaching staff would have played Donald over our highly priced free agents? Look at Hageman's playing time.

Jake could've healed ALOT quicker had dumbass Smitty sat him a few weeks

Hageman isnt in the same tier as Donald. And you can't use the whole our coaches wouldn't have played Donald thing because thats too much of a question. If he is the #1 DT in the league i find it hard to believe he would not have shown coaches his skills in TC and preseason.

Regardless, we have the 8th best offense and 32nd worst defense. I think sacrificing another LT instead of Matthews and adding the leagues best DT would have given us a much better record that we have now.

Even if it doesn't, it is definitely up for debate. Which proves my point that you don't lose for a better draft slot because the draft and the players are always changing.

Hageman isnt in the same tier as Donald. And you can't use the whole our coaches wouldn't have played Donald thing because thats too much of a question. If he is the #1 DT in the league i find it hard to believe he would not have shown coaches his skills in TC and preseason.

Regardless, we have the 8th best offense and 32nd worst defense. I think sacrificing another LT instead of Matthews and adding the leagues best DT would have given us a much better record that we have now.

Even if it doesn't, it is definitely up for debate. Which proves my point that you don't lose for a better draft slot because the draft and the players are always changing.

You make some good points , Donald would have been a great addition but with Baker being out who was gonna be our left tackle? Holmes? Carmini? Shraeder? We are taking about protecting our QBs blind side here. Edited by NateDogg1215

You must not have watched this staff for the past six years. The only way younger players, especially rookies, see the field is if there is zero choice for the coaching staff. Otherwise they'll continue to play veterans no matter how severely they underperform.