Should I Feel Bad For Wanting A Top 10 Pick More Than I Want To Make The Playoffs

bdog 29

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you should. I'm torn as well. I would love to see us in the playoffs and have a chance. On the other hand I'm not naive. We don't have a shot at a SB. It will mainly just be for the enjoyment of watching them and hoping we regain some respect while there. I would like a top pick as well. honestly I do not belive we are in the same situation as the Raiders or the Browns. So long as we don't get a bust out of the pick , it will really help to turn us around.

We had a top 10 pick last year. How is that working for us? Look at the team with the first pick.

A playoff game is a sure chance to win one and move on. A draft pick is a roll of the dice. I'll take the bird in a hand over two in the bush every time.

What is the difference between 7 and 20? That answer is...no one knows. It could be a lot, or almost nothing.

Pretty great actually, the Falcons landed a stud future all-pro LT.

No you shouldn't feel bad.

I would only want to go to the playoff's if we were going to play another NFC south team, Anyone that thinks the Falcons have even a slim chance to win in the playoff's is delusional.

We already played and beat a potential #1 overall seed and their QB situation is worse now. We'd probably be playing them again too if we got in.

To each his own. Honestly, from my standpoint, this is NOT a team that deserves to make the playoffs. If they get there, I don't have the confidence that they will make the most of it. Sure, anything can happen in the second season, but the 2014 Falcons have given me no reason to believe they can win a game against a good team.

The top 10 or so draft pick and picking that high in all the rounds will do the team and organization more good than an playoff appearance. WE need Defensive playmakers. WE need offensive creativity from the play callers. WE need a decent running game. A playoff appearance isn't going to help with any of that.

At this point, I would rather the falcons not have the designation as the team that caused a rule change in the determination of playoff teams. I seriously think a change is coming where teams with a losing record will be automatically bumped from playoff contention.

Yeah, I thought last time this happened they kicked around the idea of taking overall record first. I think if you win your division, but you are .500 or lower, they should look at overall records and determine if there are better teams.

Just for the integrity of the playoffs. Wasn't it a few years ago that the Browns were 10-6 when Anderson was the QB and they missed the playoffs? Doing a quick search, this has happened a couple of times and teams with a .500 record made it instead. I think they should void the automatic qualification if you don't have a winning record. NFL South has been terrible and NOBODY from that division deserves to make the playoffs.

At this point, I would rather the falcons not have the designation as the team that caused a rule change in the determination of playoff teams. I seriously think a change is coming where teams with a losing record will be automatically bumped from playoff contention.

nah, that is not going to happen - division winners will ALWAYS make the playoffs (otherwise, what is the point of having divisions?) - they are just going to re-seed the first round games according to record. In other words, if you have two wild card teams with 11-5 records and two division winners with 7-9 records - then the division winners will have to go on the road to play the wild-card winners with the better records in the first round.

...then you should be tarred and feathered and fired as a "fan". And if you want to lose to our arch rivals come Sunday to assure the dismissal of Smitty and/or TD, you should be sent packing with them if and when they get their walking papers.

If you ever want to lose for any reason under any circumstance and especially to the hated Saints, you have some real issues in my book. And while it's been a disappointing and dismal season, you're saying you don't wanna see some post season play in January, even if it's "one and done"? You don't wanna have one last party with your friends and family or rock the Dome one last time this season? Is football not fun for you?

The greater good for any team is to win and a fan of any team supports winning, not losing. A new regime (or not), and draft picks will all play out in time. But our time is now to win out and squeak into the playoffs, starting with a devastating blow to the Saints come Sunday. You don't want to see that happen? What's wrong with you?

Simply put, winners want to win and losers want to lose. It really is as simple as that.

Guest facelessman07

C'mon Supes, you're a good dude but I've never been a fan of stripping one of their "fanhood" simply because they have a difference of opinions