Should I Feel Bad For Wanting A Top 10 Pick More Than I Want To Make The Playoffs

bdog 29

If the Falcons just had a "below average" defense - instead of an awful defense - I might be inclined to agree with the "anything can happen in the playoffs" stuff you are pedaling here. Clearly that is not the case.

The only team we would have a chance to beat in playoffs would be an Arizona team with awful QB. that is it.

But anything can happen, dawg. Remember the first game vs. Saints in OT? We all held our breath as Brees drove his team down the field for the W. Then Willy Mo stripped that ball and BAM! We won the game! biggrin.png

The D is turrrible. Everyone knows it. But our O, when clicking, can hang with anyone. Witness the 2nd half vs. Packers. I forget about the 1st half because I'm senile. tongue.png

Someone in this thread called me "delusional". Naw, I'm just hopeful. I know full well that if we squeak into the playoffs, we'll be voted "least likely to succeed". But the playoffs start Sunday in N'awlins and I'll be dammed if I'll subscribe to the "all is lost" stuff that some are peddling in here. Can't do it, and for that I feel no shame.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But anything can happen, dawg. Remember the first game vs. Saints in OT? We all held our breath as Brees drove his team down the field for the W. Then Willy Mo stripped that ball and BAM! We won the game! biggrin.png

The D is turrrible. Everyone knows it. But our O, when clicking, can hang with anyone. Witness the 2nd half vs. Packers. I forget about the 1st half because I'm senile. tongue.png

Someone in this thread called me "delusional". Naw, I'm just hopeful. I know full well that if we squeak into the playoffs, we'll be voted "least likely to succeed". But he playoffs start Sunday in N'awlins and I'll be dammed if I'll subscribe to the "all is lost" stuff that some are peddling in here. Can't do it, and for that I feel no shame.

the offense will have to play a perfect game to win - and if Julio does not play - or plays but is nothing more than a decoy - then our chances go way, way down.

I don't think Julio is healthy.

As Adrian once told Rocky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvcee2Dqk4I

Does it matter?? We just picked 6th last year and had a lot of cap money as well. We could be picking in the top 10 for 10 years straight and still have nothing to show for it. If you have a chance to compete for a Lombardi you take it.

you are joking with the "if you have a chance to compete for the Lombardi.." crap, right?

OP is right. This team and the way it has been coached and roster build is an EPIC fail. The sooner the architects of this team get blown out, the better. We are closer to being the Jaguars than we are the Seahawks.

Having the 6th pick last year helped us with getting Jake Matthews as a building block on the O-Line. Picking up another anchor to this team will help. Look at the Detroit Lions - they were awful for many years but they eventually hit paydirt when they put Ndamukong Suh and Matthew Stafford with Megatron - now they have not "arrived" yet but at least they have been in the mix lately.

"Yes" a top 10 pick is more important than backing into the playoffs at 7-9.

These don't conflict as much as it seems. I think its funny though. We are in the top 10 running rght now, but the talent some have us taking is really a reach at 7.

If the Falcons just had a "below average" defense - instead of an awful defense - I might be inclined to agree with the "anything can happen in the playoffs" stuff you are pedaling here. Clearly that is not the case.

The only team we would have a chance to beat in playoffs would be an Arizona team with awful QB. that is it.

Except for us, we cant slow down a snail. Thats a recipe for disaster in the playoffs, and you'll be here crying like usual. Werent you one of those complaining we didn't take khalil mack?

Yet we almost beat the Packers only playing half a game. Same with the Lions.

And I wasn't complaining we didn't take him, i did want him but we never had a chance for him.

I want the Falcons to win with all my heart. However I wish that I knew for certain that a culture change was gonna come no matter what. In my opinion a division title secures TD's job for one more season. I'd give Smith 60/40 odds either Nolan or Koetter is definitely gone 50/50 on the other (there's always a sacrificial lamb). For me it's not about draft position. This team needs an identity from top to bottom something smitty and TD have not established since they've been here. Would love to see the Falcons make the playoffs but I can't lie it will be bittersweet because I feel the man that needs to be gone the most will still be here calling the shots next off season

We ended up with the guy we wanted anyway.

And the 2nd pick was not traded this year.... so why would it magically have been traded had we had it????

When people talk about trades in the draft, some of you forget that it takes 2 teams to tango.

It's also forgotten when it comes time to sign free agents. Not every player wants to play for the Atlanta Falcons.