Hindsight 20/20 But Saints 2014 Moves Still Make Sense

Audiotom

good article...this year's draft was horrible but the offseason moves made sense at the time

sooner or later, it falls apart and you have to rebuild. I have no problem with Loomis going all in and I think he is trying to time things that it will blow up at the same time Brees retires/leaves so that he can use the vacant money from Brees to get rid of the dead money and quickly rebuild

good article...this year's draft was horrible but the offseason moves made sense at the time

sooner or later, it falls apart and you have to rebuild. I have no problem with Loomis going all in and I think he is trying to time things that it will blow up at the same time Brees retires/leaves so that he can use the vacant money from Brees to get rid of the dead money and quickly rebuild

Yeah, looks like Loomis is trying to keep a solid core around Brees for the next year or two.

Do you think they'll let Brees walk after 16? Or sign him to an extension?

Yeah, looks like Loomis is trying to keep a solid core around Brees for the next year or two.

Do you think they'll let Brees walk after 16? Or sign him to an extension?

Like DD said...it's all on Brees. Colston has to restructure to have a place on the team....even with his high amount of dead money we would save 5 million by cutting him