My Encounter With A Steelers Fan

Falcon Freddie

At the end of Sunday's game with the Steelers, there was a particularly obnoxious Steelers fan dressed in full Steelers regalia (which looked brand new) taunting the Falcons fans as we were leaving. Needless to say I was irritated, so I took a five dollar bill out of my wallet, walked up to him (I was wearing a Falcons jersey and cap, so no doubt who I was for) and told him I would give him the five if he could show me a driver's license (or some other government authorized ID) issued to him that DIDN'T have a Georgia address on it.

The look on his face was priceless, and he decided to move on. My guess is he's probably never been north of Marietta. Freaking poser, like I suspect the vast majority of Steelers fans were that day.

At the end of Sunday's game with the Steelers, there was a particularly obnoxious Steelers fan dressed in full Steelers regalia (which looked brand new) taunting the Falcons fans as we were leaving. Needless to say I was irritated, so I took a five dollar bill out of my wallet, walked up to him (I was wearing a Falcons jersey and cap, so no doubt who I was for) and told him I would give him the five if he could show me a driver's license (or some other government authorized ID) issued to him that DIDN'T have a Georgia address on it.

The look on his face was priceless, and he decided to move on. My guess is he's probably never been north of Marietta. Freaking poser, like I suspect the vast majority of Steelers fans were that day.

picard_clapping.gif

THe steelers are notorious for this - they are a legacy franchise, Basically the south decided to be steelers fans wwhen no franchises were in the South a long time ago - that **** travels through generations - Panters fans are really steeler fans, or were - Ive got tons of biz contacts in Charlotte, most are Steeler fans. I dont get mad about steelers fans, I get fking pizzed at saints fans coming in here.

I have a friend from the Virgin Islands who is a huge cowboys fan. I asked him how the **** was he a cowboys fan and he said back when he was growing up of the "big media 7 " that's the team they showed the most. Here in savannah steelers, browns,cowboys and of course now patriot fans decend upon our sports bars.lol

The Steeler fans up here aren't much better. He would fit right in. I am surrounded by them up here all the time. If not them, the even more obnoxious Eagles fans

Where in PA are you located? That's where I'm at too. Steelers and Redskins fans abound in the the State Line, PA area.

Where in PA are you located? That's where I'm at too. Steelers and Redskins fans abound in the the State Line, PA area.

I live in York now, but born and raised in Georgia. Yeah living here we have the pleasure of having the Ravens, Redskins, Eagles, Steeelers, Giants, Jets all within 3 or 4 hours away. We have a lot of Raven and Redskins fan in this area since I am close to the border of Maryland.

Harrisburg here. Steeler fans are the worst.

Someone else that knows.

My Wife and her family are all originally from Central, Norther and Western Pennsylvania; Dutch, all of them.

I've traveled quite a bit in my lifetime, a Delta multi-million miler that for about 20 consecutive years flew a minimum of 100 flights a year, often 150 or more. Having visited most everywhere in this great country I have to say that there are no finer people than those from places like Harrisburg, Bellefonte, Williamsport, Woolwich, Loch Haven and on across to Pittsburgh.

These are quality, hard-working folks that regardless of their income have tremendous personal pride and you'll never see a gum wrapper or cigarette but in their front yard, even in a trailer park. They know and love their sports teams too, and I'd sit beside a Steeler or Pirate fan any day of the week.

My wife's grandfather was a great man, and I had planned to take him to a Falcons/Steelers game many years ago in the dome. However, a couple of weeks before they were to head down for the holidays he passed away from a heart attack while crushing aluminum cans in his driveway...that was him, even in his mid late 80's. No problem, I placed his Steelers/Faclons ticket in his jacket pocket right inside his casket and there he lies with it this very day.

My Wife and her family are all originally from Central, Norther and Western Pennsylvania; Dutch, all of them.

I've traveled quite a bit in my lifetime, a Delta multi-million miler that for about 20 consecutive years flew a minimum of 100 flights a year, often 150 or more. Having visited most everywhere in this great country I have to say that there are no finer people than those from places like Harrisburg, Bellefonte, Williamsport, Woolwich, Loch Haven and on across to Pittsburgh.

These are quality, hard-working folks that regardless of their income have tremendous personal pride and you'll never see a gum wrapper or cigarette but in their front yard, even in a trailer park. They know and love their sports teams too, and I'd sit beside a Steeler or Pirate fan any day of the week.

My wife's grandfather was a great man, and I had planned to take him to a Falcons/Steelers game many years ago in the dome. However, a couple of weeks before they were to head down for the holidays he passed away from a heart attack while crushing aluminum cans in his driveway...that was him, even in his mid late 80's. No problem, I placed his Steelers/Faclons ticket in his jacket pocket right inside his casket and there he lies with it this very day.

Great post!

Woo hoo! Made the list!

While funny.

One doesn't have to be from Pitt to be a Pitt Fan.

I'm a diehard Falcons and I don't live in or have ANY ID from Georgia YET

I've never been to Georgia, guess I'm not a real fan emot-doh.gif

my boss in college and her husband are Steelers fans, I doubt she ever went to a Steelers game in Pittsburgh.

one of my friends from work is a Steelers fan, hes from Kentucky and now lives in Seattle.

Theres Steelers fans everywhere, just like most teams have fans everywhere, I'm a Falcons fan and I live in Seattle. If the Falcons had even 1 or 2 superbowls, I'm sure there would be more of us "annoying fans" throughout the country. Thats what 6 superbowls and being relevant almost every year does I guess.

Its not written anywhere that is you live in Georgia, you should support the Falcons either.