What Gives Me Hope

PriMeTiiMe

I'm typically not one for moral victories but here we go...

In our last 7 games we are 3-4. In those 4 losses our margin of defeat is 16 points. All have been 1 score or less despite all 4 teams being playoff contenders and all are .500 or better. 2 losses were last second FGs that without Mike Smith going full ****** we win. The teams records that beat us in those 4 games have a combined record of 37-20.

This team is 5-9. They deserve that record. But we are not a terrible team. We can hang with anyone and we can beat anyone.

Take care of business against our 2 rivals and this team is as dangerous as anyone come playoff time providing a few things...

1. Mike Smith learns how to use timeouts
  2. Matt Ryan does not spot teams 7 points a game with a terrible INT

Man, that's some good stuff you're smoking, right there! Haha!

But hey, like some famous guy said one time, "it ain't over, 'til it's over".

So I'm gonna keep the faith right up until the fat lady sings ---

oh wait --- never mind --- I just heard her warming up...

Everything I posted is fact aside from my last comment which is opinion. If thats how you feel stop watching and stop posting. No point right? its over.laugh.png

In our last 7 games we are 3-4. In those 4 losses our margin of defeat is 16 points. All have been 1 score or less despite all 4 teams being playoff contenders and all are .500 or better. 2 losses were last second FGs that without Mike Smith going full ****** we win. The teams records that beat us in those 4 games have a combined record of 37-20.

This team is 5-9. They deserve that record. But we are not a terrible team. We can hang with anyone and we can beat anyone.

Take care of business against our 2 rivals and this team is as dangerous as anyone come playoff time providing a few things...

• Mike Smith learns how to use timeouts
  • Matt Ryan does not spot teams 7 points a game with a terrible INT
It's interesting that Wilson threw a terrible pick yesterday,their OT gets injured,yet the defense stiffened up and held the niners down. In short, unless matt plays a flawless game we don't win. That's asinine to have to depend one player

• Mike Smith learns how to use timeouts
  • Matt Ryan does not spot teams 7 points a game with a terrible INT

This team is severely flawed. I appreciate the optimism, but let's be honest. This team does not deserve to participate in the playoffs. And, if by some ridiculous happenstance, we do end up in the Playoffs, we will get smashed like pumpkins.

This team is severely flawed. I appreciate the optimism, but let's be honest. This team does not deserve to participate in the playoffs. And, if by some ridiculous happenstance, we do end up in the Playoffs, we will get smashed like pumpkins.

"Deserve" playoffs? Division winners go. Not their fault. But I am really sure the Saints or Panthers will have "earned" it.

Missing Willy MO again plus JJ. If they can return, Smithy would come off SJAX and use Freeman more, I like our chances the next couple weeks. 2 dome games, so weather can't be blamed. Roddy needs to be the 3rd wr now since he is to slow to open the field. Saints suck at home right now and Cam is human with a back injury. TD will screw up the pick so lets go for the playoffs

Edited by UKATL07

This year is done

What gives me hope is we have a really good QB, lots of cap room and a core of a really good team that another coaching staff could probably mold into something very good.

The issues this team has is pretty apparent, lack of pash rush, issues on both lines, no killer instinct. It should not take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

I only ask we keep Armstrong, Tice and Koetter from the coaching staff.

Guest facelessman07

As my bud Falcanuck (sorry if I misspelled it) said...

Moral victories are for pvssies

Edited by facelessman07

1. Mike Smith learns how to use timeouts
  2. Matt Ryan does not spot teams 7 points a game with a terrible INT

Sorry Bro I've put a line through us our defense is just a FARCE watching the Steelers & GB walk up n down the field for me there just isn't enough balance there.

You throw in the fact we are a 1 trick pony offensively right now it won't matter what Ryan does as the defense can't stop the run and can't get off the field on 3rd down.

The off season will be a busy and interesting one.

Your assessment of the facts makes the Smitty firing all the more apparent. But it also tells me that Dimitroff, for all his seemed failures is getting enough horses in here to win. Scary.

The Dimitroff hate is marketed, a creation from a paranoid local media who feels it's lacking tradition nipping at the heels of the franchise. He has brought in more good players in 5 years than the entire period after '98. Consider what he also started with. Anyone who is honest knows we had 4-12ish talent when Vick was here. I mean our #1 WR was Butterfingers until Roddy got here and cured his own case of them. I'm probably tougher on McKay than I should be but I take talent evaluation pretty seriously and he left me saying wtf too many times on draft day, whereas TD has consistently made great 1st round moves. The talent here is still outstanding, but more vulnerable in spots and the adjustments cannot be made to solve those weaknesses.

I appreciate everything Smitty has done here, and would be willing to give him one more year, but he is on a massive hot seat right now and will need a deep playoff run to stick around I fear. If we run TD out of here I think I may be done, after 30 years. That is how strongly I disagree with that notion. It would be like running Richt out of UGA, I would be done....seriously.

100%

Edited by PermaGrin