Pass Rusher-New Hc-And 3-4 D

No matter how we finish the season I want a new Head coach, a pass rusher or two, and a 3-4 base defense to compliment Jackson and Soliai. Just like we did in 2006 when we traded our 1st rounder to the Jets for Abraham, I wouldn't mind sending our 1st to the Chiefs for a proven PR in Justin Houston and signing him to an extension. I'm not a big fan of the pass rushers coming out of college this year.

Chiefs could chose to place the Franchise tag on him and request for more, but the possibility of getting a top ten pick and getting a WR they always wanted like a Amari Cooper would be hard to pass on especially since they have Hali and Ford and would still have a pick between 15-20 to use on a rookie rusher. A win win for both teams

I wouldn't mind that one bit. Nolan defense hasn't been the same since we lost our only true pass rusher in Abraham.

Who would you prefer to draft in the 2nd?

After trading for Houston I would try to sign Hughes and resign Spoon to a cheap 1yr deal. If all goes as plan I would go either RB or RT in the 2nd, OG in the 3rd, RT, DE or RB in the 4th Edited by Truth B Told (TRU)

No matter how we finish the season I want a new Head coach, a pass rusher or two, and a 3-4 base defense to compliment Jackson and Soliai. Just like we did in 2006 when we traded our 1st rounder to the Jets for Abraham, I wouldn't mind sending our 1st to the Chiefs for a proven PR in Justin Houston and signing him to an extension. I'm not a big fan of the pass rushers coming out of college this year.

Chiefs could chose to place the Franchise tag on him and request for more, but the possibility of getting a top ten pick and getting a WR they always wanted like a Amari Cooper would be hard to pass on especially since they have Hali and Ford and would still have a pick between 15-20 to use on a rookie rusher. A win win for both teams

The Chiefs would have to make extensive cuts, in order to make enough room to franchise Houston. If they did that, they'd just keep him.

After trading for Houston I would try to sign Hughes and resign Spoon to a cheap 1yr deal. If all goes as plan I would go either RB or RT in the 2nd, OG in the 3rd, RT, DE or RB in the 4th

IDK about Hughes, maybe JPP. I wouldn't go RT in the 2nd since Schraeder is playing decent right now. A RB or MLB would be a better choice.

I'll go along with you on needing a DE or two, as well as a new HC. But I don't like the idea of us giving up our 1st round pick to get 'em. We need too much help in other areas, not to have a 1st round pick.

Also, since we've gone to more off a 3-4, the defense as a whole has regressed from previous years. That experiment needs to be stopped, immediately!

Edited by FalconJim

I'll go along with you on needing a DE or two, as well as a new HC. But I don't like the idea of us giving up our 1st round pick to get 'em. We need too much help in other areas, not to have a 1st round pick.

Also, since we've gone to more off a 3-4, the defense as a whole has regressed from previous years. That experiment needs to be stopped, immediately!

Not really. You are trading for a proven commodity with one pick. That one pick is only going to net you one player, who may not pan out in the NFL. I'd pull the trigger on that trade in a heartbeat.

The defense do not currently have the LB's to run the 3-4 and what does not having a 1st rounder have to do with other areas? You can only pick one player with that pick and why not use it on a proven player

The defense do not currently have the LB's to run the 3-4 and what does not having a 1st rounder have to do with other areas? You can only pick one player with that pick and why not use it on a proven player

We don't need to be necessarily a 4-3 or a 3-4 to use players to their strengths.

I think Hali gets cut by Chiefs. They will lock up Houston and they just drafted Dee Ford in the 1st. Send the private Jet to KC and bring Hali back to Atlanta.

Sign Patrick Willis when the 49ers cut him due to them also having younger options (Bowman/Borland)

Draft a pass rusher with our 1st (Theirs plenty to choose from). Hire Rex Ryan as our DC and run a real 3-4 defense.

Hageman/Solali/Jackson

Hali/Willis/Worrilow/1st Round Pick

Trufant/Moore/Lowery/Alford

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

Good idea, this may be the best option we have at acquiring Houston. A high first round pick will entice any GM.

Guest Negatorris

Hali is getting cut. Grab him along with a vet LB (Willis), and bring in some talented guys for our front 7 (Ray, Beasley, or Golden), and finally mix in a **** good coach and our defense can easily be fixed within a year.

If Big Red Andy Reid has any say he would probably go for it granted it's a top 10 pick and he can get Coop.

Per Walter:

Everyone knows the stat by now: Alex Smith hasn't thrown a single touchdown to a receiver this season. Smith is a limited quarterback, and his wideouts mostly suck.

I think Hali gets cut by Chiefs. They will lock up Houston and they just drafted Dee Ford in the 1st. Send the private Jet to KC and bring Hali back to Atlanta.

Sign Patrick Willis when the 49ers cut him due to them also having younger options (Bowman/Borland)

Draft a pass rusher with our 1st (Theirs plenty to choose from). Hire Rex Ryan as our DC and run a real 3-4 defense.

Hageman/Solali/Jackson

Hali/Willis/Worrilow/1st Round Pick

Trufant/Moore/Lowery/Alford

If Rex Ryan agrees to become our new D-coordinator I will eat a fresh habanero pepper.