Seriously, Matty Ice Doesn't Deserve This Hate.

You are normally one of the most rational guys on this forum.A suk asz defense and a horrible Oline.

Lemme put it another way.

If Brady was on this team he would suk too.

To put it differently, he doesn't suck now. He just throws some of the stupidest INTs I've ever seen. But all qbs do that...but Matt has no margin for error with our defense. He needs to be better at not turning it over for us to have a realistic chance to win. Edited by ol'_dirty2

Most people (trolls) think that Matt Ryan is the sole reason that we win or lose. This type of simplistic view on the nature of football undermines the entire concept of a team based sport. The QB is but only one cog in a more complicated team machine. The concept that one player is the end all, be all for a team is a misnomer. With not only a severe lack of talent on the offensive line and defensive, but a inept coaching staff incapable of putting together a game plan that is working has lead to this debacle of a team. Ryan is not without fault, but on the grand scale of things wrong with this team, he's at the bottom of the list.

problem is that Ryan has to be near perfect for us to win . If he throws it away and gives it to the defense to make a stop , its not gonna happen. He operates with less time which means trying to set up and look down the field means getting drilled before they can get open. We just dont have the team to overcome a weak o line, no running game, no defense and questionable play calls.

The worst argument people make is saying "If _____ was on this team we'd still be this bad". No we wouldn't. The better QB's chew up the clock, makes better plays, and give the defense a break. Our defense is 24th in the league in points allowed which is actually not bad for as often as the 3 and out offense sends them back on the field

Those last productive drives in the game today were all on Matt. That throw to Hester (earlier) in the corner.....That was sweet.

It's hard to chew up clock when were always playing from behind. Then the coach wont play the correct running back to achieve that type of success.

I'm not bashing Matt. Has he played better....yes. I dont have an answer as to of WHY he isnt playing his best, but he's not our biggest problem.

It's the #1 reason I hope we get Harbaugh. I want that fire to rub off on Ryan

That's one of the reasons I've wanted Harbaugh as well. Not only does he have the creative, aggressive mind-set, he has that fire and intensity that has been sorely lacking in the make-up of Mike Smith's teams. Every team needs at least one high-octane guy to pump everybody up, get them ready to play at the top of their game. It certainly doesn't hurt if that fire and intensity, that burning desire to win, is emanating from your HC.

This is an advanced Leadership that is hard for some to understand. It's a Mentality that drives performance with full acceptance of responsibility for the team and a desire for greatness. Brady stayed winning when Gronk was hurt, Hernandez on Trial, Amendola hurt, Lagarette Blunt going to another team and coming back to them (and he's balling again - surprise!), Wes leaving to Denver, etc..

I've said over and over Brady is like the Kobe Bryant of the NFL, he is extremely competitive and really hates losing...Ryan is content with losing, because he knows he'll "get another shot". Maybe Ryan doesn't show Passion (he used to) because of his expectation to Protect The Brand, but it seems like he's traded money for that passion for winning, when it's really ok for him to have both.

If Tom Brady is Kobe Bryant is Matt Cassel Shaq?

te name="Old Pappy falcon" post="9027426" timestamp="1418618035"]We need a full overhaul of coaching this off season and right guy's on the field for Atlanta and Ryan to get it done. I really don't want Ryan being the next Marino with out a ring.....These guy's deserve it man and it hurts to watch it unfold.

Whether Ryan gets a ring or not, he still won't be in Marino category.

Not comparing him to marino in skill's at all. I just don't want that same thing to happen to Ryan in today's football that's all.

I know how Dan got down in the nfl, trust me beast. Man had a rocket and looked like he hardly even tried throwing it! lol

I got what you were saying. I think I just threw that out there for the heII of it. Please don't mind me.

Edited by Beast-N-Da-Sheetz

Like Kobe and Jordan, the other Patriots both fear and respect Brady so much, they do what they have to do to improve. They do not want to let the QB down.

It's the reason a TE like Julius Thomas becomes really good. I don't think if we drafted him, he'd be anything special.

Nooo, TE Julius Thomas is good because of Peyton Manning! He will be nothing once Manning retires OR next year when he's on a different team because he is a free agent and Denver is not going to pay him top dollar!

This is an advanced Leadership that is hard for some to understand. It's a Mentality that drives performance with full acceptance of responsibility for the team and a desire for greatness. Brady stayed winning when Gronk was hurt, Hernandez on Trial, Amendola hurt, Lagarette Blunt going to another team and coming back to them (and he's balling again - surprise!), Wes leaving to Denver, etc..

I've said over and over Brady is like the Kobe Bryant of the NFL, he is extremely competitive and really hates losing...Ryan is content with losing, because he knows he'll "get another shot". Maybe Ryan doesn't show Passion (he used to) because of his expectation to Protect The Brand, but it seems like he's traded money for that passion for winning, when it's really ok for him to have both.

Brady kept winning with so and so etc..........he also kept winning under a bill belichick coached football team. Funny how you left that guy out. Since 2006, NE has only been outside of the top 10 in scoring defense ONCE, Since Matt Ryan has been here ATL has only been in the top 10 twice, care to guess which years? Defense wins championships, last years SB should be a not to distant reminder of that. All the Ryan isn't passionate, content with losing, isn't that basically just all speculation on your part, unless you're actually in the facility and locker room with the team?