Throw Away Game--I Hope Not

falcndave

I have felt all along that the tension over Julio playing was misplaced. I never imagined him on the field. I expect (I am NOT advocating) Smith to approach this with a preseason game 4 mentality. We will run more than you guys like. All of Ryan's passes will be quick release/underneath routes designed to avoid contact with defenders. The defense will be plain vanilla 4-3 zone.

Smith probably assumes we have to win both division games to advance. If we do win both division games, today is a throw away. We win the division in every scenario with two division wins, regardless of today's outcome.

I hope I'm dead wrong. Although I think both NO and CAR will win two games, there is no evidence to base that on. I think we have to play EVERY game to win. Anything could happen with those two clubs. It may be that a win today is all it will take to win the division. I don't think you can throw any game away because you can't see the future. However, this coaching staffs history tells me they will play today's game with a design on staying healthy.

If they do take this approach, the playoffs start in NO next week. Good luck with that!

I have felt all along that the tension over Julio playing was misplaced. I never imagined him on the field. I expect (I am NOT advocating) Smith to approach this with a preseason game 4 mentality. We will run more than you guys like. All of Ryan's passes will be quick release/underneath routes designed to avoid contact with defenders. The defense will be plain vanilla 4-3 zone.

Smith probably assumes we have to win both division games to advance. If we do win both division games, today is a throw away. We win the division in every scenario with two division wins, regardless of today's outcome.

I hope I'm dead wrong. Although I think both NO and CAR will win two games, there is no evidence to base that on. I think we have to play EVERY game to win. Anything could happen with those two clubs. It may be that a win today is all it will take to win the division. I don't think you can throw any game away because you can't see the future. However, this coaching staffs history tells me they will play today's game with a design on staying healthy.

If they do take this approach, the playoffs start in NO next week. Good luck with that!

Man, I hope we don't take this approach. This is why we have the record we do. We've done this to try and allow Matt a quicker release so he doesn't get his as much and it's always had the opposite effect. Compressed offense against an aggressive defense with solid LB play will result in 1. our offense being shut done, 2. Matt getting sacked several times, 3. looking horrible over all.

I've don't think that's our approach or how we want to go into the 2 most important games of the season. i've got a good feeling about this one.