We Should Be The Hott Team This Offseason

brown bomber

From NFL.com

If the Falcons do wind up switching coaches in the offseason, this past Monday night provided a vivid display of why that job will be attractive. JJ's talent is obvious, and he's a major building block. But it's MR's ability that is most enticing. One HC I respect intimated to me over the summer that, of the under-30 QB's, Luck and Ryan are the two he'd want most.

Ryan has to stop with the Madden Moments turn overs. Stupid INT's ! And those feathery type sacks he takes when pressure trash is around him, and he starts to seeing Ghosts !! I could swear I saw him get sacked by a finger in that Monday night game.

I saw one sack where his neck was twisted but he still stood up

Guest Negatorris

The Aints and Panthers are in salary cap ****, the Bucs just look like sh*t, and we literally had multiple games given away by the head coach. We already have a QB in place. This is definitely the place to come for a HC. All they'd really have to do is build a respectable defense.

Guest Negatorris

I just don't see the fascination with Luck. High high turnover machine.

Luck is the real deal. He's playing with crap talent around him, specifically on the OL but still puts up huge numbers. And he's special enough to still win games even when committing turnovers. Nothing phases him. Imagine him on the Seahawks.

I am sure any HC candidate would be enticed by the prospect of having Ryan and Jones on his team. But who would really be willing to have TD making the personnel decisions?

Personnel is a mutual decision between GM and HC. The GM scouts, and the HC decides who he likes out of the bunch, given the GM's recommendation, based on the HC's preferences.

Guest Negatorris

Personnel is a mutual decision between GM and HC. The GM scouts, and the HC decides who he likes out of the bunch, given the GM's recommendation, based on the HC's preferences.

This. People don't seem to understand. They can't honestly believe TD just says "**** you" to the coaching staff and brings in who he wants. It doesn't work that way.

This. People don't seem to understand. They can't honestly believe TD just says "**** you" to the coaching staff and brings in who he wants. It doesn't work that way.

This is my issue with the team, why bring in two guys that were very good in one scheme, and never play them in that scheme.

TD didn't just say i like these two guys Smith Nolan make it work, he had input from both to start with.

Guest Negatorris

The Lions had Stafford, Bush, calvin, a host of TEs, and elite defensive players.

Idk if Caldwell is the kind of guy they're talking about, but I'd say that opening is similar. Other than the huge factor that it's Detroit...

The difference is probably playing in the same division as maybe the best QB in the history of the game.

I do think we have a top job ... We have a powerful offensive ... A shutdown CB and maybe some lil parts on D with over 30 mil in cap spac and a Owner that dont mind spending every cent..He has a new stadium coming so he needs a winner.... All it takes is a Smart GM/HC that knows where to put the money this offseason...

You cant fix everything but building you a new D-Line can be HUGE

I do think we have a top job ... We have a powerful offensive ... A shutdown CB and maybe some lil parts on D with over 30 mil in cap spac and a Owner that dont mind spending every cent..He has a new stadium coming so he needs a winner.... All it takes is a Smart GM/HC that knows where to put the money this offseason...

You cant fix everything but building you a new D-Line can be HUGE

Depends on how you play it and what you mean by "everything".

Depends on how you play it and what you mean by "everything".

I agree it depends on how you play it

We also need a cover LB... I dont think we miss tony but i do think we miss an athletic TE that can take advantage of the seem Route... I think we need another Big WR that can stretch the field... The guy doesnt have to be Julio beast but if Julio goes down... Our deep ball is out the door... We can grab a RB in the 3rd or 4th round in the draft.

Our D-Line is our biggest need and needs the most attention... We need more then just one guy to o... It will cost us alot of money but we cant keep going this cheap route

Please.

What coach wants to work for an owner who literally looks over his shoulder as he tries to do his job?

What coach wants to be told, "Sorry, I've decided it's a passing league now. Scrap your coaching philosophy, we're going to be explosive from here on out, which starts with pouring all our draft resources into one freakishly athletic wide receiver"?

What coach wants to field a roster every Sunday built more on the market demographics of the fanbase than proper scouting?

You people are living in a fantasy world. No head coaching candidate worth his salt would agree to come here and put up with all of Blank's bullsh*t. And any one who would, especially one who would view a wide receiver as a "building block," is doomed to fail before he even starts.

This was Blank's last chance to get it right. Once again, he f'd it all up.

Edited by cooperbh

Please.

What coach wants to work for an owner who literally looks over his shoulder as he tries to do his job?

What coach wants to be told, "Sorry, I've decided it's a passing league now. Scrap your coaching philosophy, we're going to be explosive from here on out, which starts with pouring all our draft resources into one freakishly athletic wide receiver"?

What coach wants to field a roster every Sunday built more on the market demographics of the fanbase than proper scouting?

You people are living in a fantasy world. No head coaching candidate worth his salt would agree to come here and put up with all of Blank's bullsh*t. And any one who would, especially one who would view a wide receiver as a "building block," is doomed to fail before he even starts.

This was Blank's last chance to get it right. Once again, he f'd it all up.

OK