Pittsburgh Fans At The Dome

SJFalconFan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heinz Field was about 60% Steelers and 40% Saints fans a few weeks ago. The tailgates were dead. They had to PIPE IN crowd noise.

Not sure why they'd catch a flight instead of going right in their backyard.

(Well it IS cheaper to fly to ATL for a game than go to one in Pittsburgh).

That might work on the few that actually do come down, most of those wearing the Pitt jerseys in the Dome are locals and are Braves fans.

I'm very, very, very familiar with transplants. I see it a lot during the playoffs. When the Thrashers played the Rangers, I saw a lot of GA DL's at the beer lines but the people had on Rangers jerseys.

It comes with having bad teams and offering no incentive for fans to switch to the local team.

Heinz Field was about 60% Steelers and 40% Saints fans a few weeks ago. The tailgates were dead. They had to PIPE IN crowd noise.

Not sure why they'd catch a flight instead of going right in their backyard.

(Well it IS cheaper to fly to ATL for a game than go to one in Pittsburgh).

It's also cheaper for local Steeler fans to go watch their team instead of flying to Pittsburg and then buying tickets.

I think a conservative estimate would be a 50/50 split.

I want to say the last time the Steelers played in the Dome and the Falcons were winning it was close to a 60/40 split.

Shouldn't really be a big deal. Steelers fans always infiltrate every stadium across the country. You have people that have been living in Georgia from PA or that grew up Steelers fans that last had an opportunity to go see the Steelers nearby 8 YEARS AGO.

I know we complain about a lot of stuff but this is essentially a non-issue to me.

Any of you STH knowingly sold your tickets to the Steelers fans? Does it make you feel dirty? I was approached, not once, not twice, but 5 times by Steelers fans to sell my tickets... They are not getting my tickets.. I have not missed any games for the past 5 years.. yup even in 2013.

I don't have tickets anymore and I wouldn't do this but if anyone could get 3-4 times face value per seat right before Christmas.... I would understand.

I'm very, very, very familiar with transplants. I see it a lot during the playoffs. When the Thrashers played the Rangers, I saw a lot of GA DL's at the beer lines but the people had on Rangers jerseys.

It comes with having bad teams and offering no incentive for fans to switch to the local team.

Thrashers, ouch I remember.

Not to say there aren't transplants from Pitt, but it's much smaller than NY, BOS, CHI which have brought many more actually transplants to the metro and to games. What I've witnessed both at games and around town is that many of the Pitt fans are long time locals with southern accents, and no real connection to that area.

Those locals probably just didn't want to associate themselves with the horrible local NFL team as they probably felt there wasn't enough incentive as you say. Pitt fans in the Dome are much like DAL fans, mostly local and not from that area.

As with most teams from the north, there are alot of transplanted yankees from Pitts. living here.

This is only the 3rd time in approx the last 10 yrs the Steelers are playing in ATL.

You can bet every Steelers fan living in ATL will be @ the Dome waving their terrible towels & screaming their heads off.

Not to mention all of the Steelers fans that will travel here just for this game.

Falcons fans if you are going to The Dome on Sun. please BE LOUDER THAN THE YANKEES living in our city & see my sig.

Any of you STH knowingly sold your tickets to the Steelers fans? Does it make you feel dirty? I was approached, not once, not twice, but 5 times by Steelers fans to sell my tickets... They are not getting my tickets.. I have not missed any games for the past 5 years.. yup even in 2013.

Sold mine for Sunday, got 3x face value. Hate missing a game but for the money now it was worth it. I'll still be watching in front of my big screen!

what does at-alien have to excape from? the traffic,,,

this is an issue for me- steelers fans are everywhere. yes it will be a 50+ % steeler fan. steeler fans are everywhere. they bring their arrogance of 6 titles..blah blah...sad commentary on atl fans too

cowherd made a good point on radio- people in pitt have steel or coal jobs to escape from.