Best Case Scenario For The Falcons, And The One I'm Rooting For Until It Can't Happen

falconidae

Falcons win the last 3 games, end up 8-8. Playoffs are seeded like this:

GB, ARI, PHI, ATL, DET,SEA

First week ATL beats DET, SEA beats PHI

Second week ATL beats ARI, SEA beats GB

Third week ATL beats SEA [ at home]

Fourth week Super Bowl, Falcons win.

Falcons have already shown they can beat ARI, who don't have a QB now and shown they can play with GB & DET.

Remember, did say best case scenario.

I was just thinking about this.

My question is a couple steps prior, though: If Green Bay beats Seattle/whomever and we go there for the NFC Championship, but lose similarly to the way we played on Monday --- Do you still fire Mike Smith?
Can you fire Smith if he takes us that far?

I was just thinking about this.

My question is a couple steps prior, though: If Green Bay beats Seattle/whomever and we go there for the NFC Championship, but lose similarly to the way we played on Monday --- Do you still fire Mike Smith?

Can you fire Smith if he takes us that far?

Don't know. I don't think a single playoff win would do it. Don't know about 2 playoff wins. Might really depend on how the team wins. If they win in spite of Smith's coaching blunders, no; if they win because he coached at a much higher level than he has, probably stays on.

Don't know. I don't think a single playoff win would do it. Don't know about 2 playoff wins. Might really depend on how the team wins. If they win in spite of Smith's coaching blunders, no; if they win because he coached at a much higher level than he has, probably stays on.

I'm not sure you can win a playoff game making bad coaching decisions.

Its not impossible.

One of the things I would love about this scenario coming true is that it means that Ryan played out of his mind for a 7 game stretch- imagine how how played in the 2012 playoffs without the miscues. That would be amazing, so much fun to watch and would forever shut up the swiftians among us.

We played with Detroit when they didn't have Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush, Ebron, or Pettigrew. And still lost.

Try to follow me here BEST CASE SCENARIO.

And, we'd be playing them at home, a true home game.

If it makes you feel any better about it , you can swap things around, as long as ARI is the 2 seed. Falcons could play PHI or DAL instead of DET.

I agree up until the seeding. I want Arizona in the wild card, another shot at Green Bay in the Divisional, and the Defending Champs in the championship round and Pats in the super bowl. Its irrelevant really just my preference.

Reason for the seeding is to end up with 2 home games in the playoffs.

Try to follow me here BEST CASE SCENARIO.

And, we'd be playing them at home, a true home game.

If it makes you feel any better about it , you can swap things around, as long as ARI is the 2 seed. Falcons could play PHI or DAL instead of DET.

Best Case Scenario. Trying to describe that term to some of these cynics is like trying to describe a color to a blind man.

But we would be in the Super Bowl! Honestly, if that is not the outcome you are most excited about, I don't know what to say!

Wasn't my take on that- he was just commenting on how differently this year can still end up.

Because every team this division is having a worst case scenario year, Falcons can still, in week 15, either get a 10 ten pick or play in the super bowl.