How Our Atlanta Falcons Stack Up Against The Rest Of The Nfc Playoff Contenders

Dirtybird#11

Who feels confident? I do! Our Atlanta Falcons literally rose up and gave us one heck of a 2nd half in Lambeau that almost ended up with a win in the frozen tundra. With that in mind I wanted to show y'all how we stack up against other NFC playoff teams.

Cowboys

As we know Dallas has improved greatly this year. Romo is playing at a higher level, and their offensive line has blocked well for Murray and co. which at times they, the big hog-maulers up front, take over games. The big question with Dallas is how does their defense stack up against some of the better offenses that they've faced? This is how they've done... They have played 5 teams with top 15 offenses in the NFL. Those teams would include the Saints,Seattle,Eagles (once),Giants (twice),Redskins (once) and in all of those games combined they have let up an average of 24ppg. I'm not saying we could easily win a game vs Dallas, but if it was to be at home vs them I would feel pretty good about our chances. They however do play a critical game in Philly this week that could determine their playoff seeding.

Lions

By far the most beatable team that we could face in the Wildcard round if not divisional round depending on how things with them and Green Bay shake out. If it wasn't for boneheaded playcalling in the final minutes of the 4th qtr. in London we would've got outta their with a W vs them all the while taking a bigger lead over the NFC South. This sadly is a "if and buts; candy and nuts" dream. The knock on them is that when their offense faces a tougher defense they tend to shut down. Don't believe me? When they have faced off against the tougher defense in the NFL they have scored a average total of 16ppg. And in their losses alone they have averaged a measly 9 ppg. I'm not saying our defense is the best or is considered tough by any means, but in the first half we managed to hold them to NO points. Granted Megatron or Bush didn't play but that's pretty impressive even tho our conservative coaching flushed that game away for us.

Seattle

The last time we faced off against them in the playoffs we came out with a Matt Bryant game clinching field goal victory. Could it be the same if we we're to play them again? I don't know if any of y'all know, but if the playoffs started today we would play them in the wildcard round. Anyways guess who Seattle has to blame for their losses? It is their defense... That is right ladies and gentleman their defense has cost them some games this year. If you don't know by now the Seattle way is to score around 20ppg,manage the clock running the ball,let Wilson make plays in his game manager role,and allow the defense to practically win the games. In all of their losses however their method hasn't worked because their defense allowed a average of 28ppg against the teams that have beaten them. See the thing is if you can get to the upper 20s or 30s points-wise you can probably topple the defending Super Bowl champs because their offense isn't built to keep up with the high flying offenses in the NFL especially without their homerun hitters Golden Tate or Percy Harvin. So if they where to come down to the A-Town for a rematch I would expect our offense to just get the job done to keep us alive in the NFL playoffs... Especially if Julio or Roddy was called out by the LOB.

Philadelphia

You have to give props where it is due... Philly to me is the best team in the NFC aside from Green Bay. I mean I am baffled as to how they continue to win with captain butt-fumble at QB. But the Eagles losses are to teams that have outstanding defenses (SEA,9ers,and Cards). So you know what that means... We would have to step up, and play some freaking defense. I'm not saying it is impossible to beat them, but if I had to pick a team to avoid in the playoffs its the Eagles. Especially if we have to make a trip down to Philly!

Arizona

If you can do it once you can do it twice right? As the standings are now they would have the first round bye, but that could change if they lose to Seattle this weekend. But either way we know the blueprint to beat these guys..... start strong that way their offense just can't keep up because Stanton sure as heck isn't leading them to a Super Bowl.

Green Bay

Lets just face it... If we really wanna make a Super Bowl run then we will most likely have to go through Lambeau one more time. This of course is assuming they win out capture a 1st round bye, and run the table. I think in all honesty we could do it. I mean we showed that our offense is capable of keeping up with their, but our defense quite simply just has to step up. I mean I am perfectly fine with allowing Rodgers to light us up all night long as long as it doesn't result in loads of TDs... We have to at least hold them to some FGs if we wanna really have a shot. Its just that simple! Win inside the 20, and we can hang in with them... No doubt in my mind.

This all of course is just thinking because we all know the NFC South isn't ours just yet. So I end this post here....

philly just got handled by sea @ home and you think they are the second best? blink.png

although on the road, they also got mauled by Green Bay 53-20 a few weeks back although they did bounce back the following week against everyone's punching bag in Tennessee lol. Philly will go as far as Sanchez carries them and at the end of the day, hes still mark Sanchez, don't trust him philly fans

To be honest, every NFC team looks beatable with Seattle looking like the toughest if they are at home.

The NFC playoffs could really end up being a toss up.

This is how I feel^^^^ it's anyone's game come playoff time. But when I was referring to philly I'm not meaning to sound like they're SB bound or anyhing like that because I mean let's face it Samchez is their QB, but If I had to pick a team to not play its them especially in Philly.

People are underestimating the Lions. We played them without Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush, and their 3 best TE's. Stafford had one target the entire game

Nahhh I'm not high on the Lions playoff chances. I think with their inexperience in post season play it'll hurt them in the chase for the Lombardi. IMO they aren't anything above divisional round... If they make it that far.

Nahhh I'm not high on the Lions playoff chances. I think with their inexperience in post season play it'll hurt them in the chase for the Lombardi. IMO they aren't anything above divisional round... If they make it that far.

Inexperience if they're going against a 6 win Falcons with a terrible playoff record won't make a big difference

Inexperience if they're going against a 6 win Falcons with a terrible playoff record won't make a big difference

The Packers, and the rest of the NFL knows we're better than our record says. An who said they have to play us? Right now they'd get the Eagles if it started today... An if they were to beat them then on to Green Bay,Arizona,or Seattle

People are underestimating the Lions. We played them without Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush, and their 3 best TE's. Stafford had one target the entire game

It depends.

The last wildcard spot will be between the Lions and Cowboys/Eagles(one will win the NFC East).

I think the Falcons could beat the Lions if both make it to the playoffs, especially if the game is actually in Atlanta this time.

How many times and ways do you have to be convinced that the Falcons have NO Defense ???

None.

Zero.

Why can't people connect the dots and know that in football.......especially the NFL brand of football you cannot, won't, will not......WIN without at least some dim hope of a Defense.

The Falcons have nothing.

Face it.

Understand it.

For once and for all.

Open your eyes.

How many times and ways do you have to be convinced that the Falcons have NO Defense ???

None.

Zero.

Why can't people connect the dots and know that in football.......especially the NFL brand of football you cannot, won't, will not......WIN without at least some dim hope of a Defense.

The Falcons have nothing.

Face it.

Understand it.

For once and for all.

Open your eyes.

What I do understand is that our defense has shown some life... I'm mostly referring to the Cards,Panthers,Ravens,and Lions game. And if they can play like that while our offense is being efficient we could pull off some upsets.

Our defense is not good overall, but they are pretty good at getting takeaways. We almost got 1-2 in GB, but fell short. That's the key to our defense, we need turnovers.

That's the thing, the defense doesn't have to be good to upset some teams. Just opportunistic and maybe play a little bit more stout.

Being more aggressive wouldn't hurt as well.

Let the offense play uptempo like they did in the Green Bay game.

I'm thinking the Falcons(4th seed) will play the loser between Seattle and Arizona next week. (5th seed)

We better hope Arizona wins. I don't think we want to see Seattle's D or mobile Russ Will

gotta beat the best in order to be the best don't ya. If they don't get them in the first round, somewhere down the line they may meet. Can't run forever