Nola.com Scolds Saint Fans.

Big Bubba

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2014/12/cam_newtons_traffic_accident_i.html

Some readers on NOLA.com decided that a story about Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton getting injured in a two-car accident was a good time to make jokes about Newton's play on the field. Some readers managed to find a way to insult the player without using offensive language, but it doesn't make their comments any less offensive in spirit.

Joking about a football player's on-the-field errors when he has just been put on an immobilizing board and driven by ambulance to a hospital would be tasteless no matter the season. It would be sick no matter the time, but it is incredibly peculiar 48 hours after the Panthers put a stomping on the New Orleans Saints inside the Louisiana Superdome.

Maybe it's the memory of that recent embarrassing defeat that prompted some people to say mean and nasty things about the Panthers quarterback. It's worth remembering, though, that Newton did what he was supposed to do Sunday. He led his team to victory. Was he obnoxious? Yeah, he taunted some of the moribund Saints as he scored. That set off a fight led by Saints linebacker Curtis Lofton. But that's no reason to make jokes about Newton's truck turning over in an accident.

According to the Charlotte Observer, Newton was involved in an accident with another car. The Panthers reported that he had two transverse process fractures in his lower back. The Associated Press reported that he was in fair condition and would not need surgery.

That's an encouraging report, but even before the details were known, there were some people here making jokes about the accident. C'mon, people. Let us not lose sight of our decency. Let us not wish ill upon another simply because he plays for another football team. We're better than that, aren't we? Sportsmanship shouldn't be confined to the players but should extend to us all.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some saint fans got carried away mostly due to the phony story about cam refencing kaTrina during the game

Regardless. ..I'm a little sick of the "well he did this so we can do that" crap. It's disgusting how people act on the internet and try to justify it in their own mind

Guest fibonacci

But but the Saint fans here act like it's nothing but just a few people of their fan base. Then they want to digg up something of mine from 5 years ago and twist my words.

Pathetic!!! specially since most of them were affected by Katrina and seen how it feels when people say stupid crap.

But but the Saint fans here act like it's nothing but just a few people of their fan base. Then they want to digg up something of mine from 5 years ago and twist my words.

Pathetic!!! specially since most of them were affected by Katrina and seen how it feels when people say stupid crap.

But look man. I'll say this once so pay attention... they help clay escape from prison but Jax kills him.

Speaking for myself, I wasn't condoning their actions but your 'oh so holier than thou' rap was getting tired, especially being guilty of saying/doing stupid stuff yourself.

And who the **** are Clay and Jax?

Edited by mvcrook

Guest fibonacci

Ahh Fib boo frekin hoo, get over it geesh! Nobody condoned whatever those Saints fans did, you in here acting like the acions of few represents the feeling of all, and that's not the case.

will you grow up already man? Seriously dude. whatever you want to believe on me, fine. But you dug up something i did 5 years ago. Let it go, dude.

Grow the F*** up. You and willy no. and i ain't going to turn into y'all with bringing up skeletons.

will you grow up already man? Seriously dude. whatever you want to believe on me, fine. But you dug up something i did 5 years ago. Let it go, dude.

Grow the F*** up. You and willy no. and i ain't going to turn into y'all with bringing up skeletons.

You telling me to grow up, when you want to throw shots, but thinks there's a statute of limitations on your $hit, then want to cry when someone reminds you of it? Don't throw stones if you don't want your old stuff brought up, or when you're calling out classless fans and how they should act, try including yourself in that equation.

Edited by meezy0236

Guest fibonacci

Speaking for myself, I wasn't condoning their actions but your 'oh so holier than thou' rap was getting tired, especially being guilty of saying/doing stupid stuff yourself.

i just get tired of trying to say what happened. Happened 5 years ago. And every few months some saint fans want to bring it up. And they want to act like i hit the girl or yelled at her, and i did not (worse i did was say crap in my head. And in fact i was just trying too say she had balls, unlike falcon fans..... Some just don't know what a compliment is, i guess). Then i have too try and say what happened. Then some others want to get involved. And then someone esse shows up and sees it. And it's a never ending story every few months.

And for the record I'm not mad at you. I am just sick of it. And I'm not going to turn into them and bring up their skeletons. I might make someone man up and eat crow once in a while. But to try and purposely make someone look bad, not my style.

Guest fibonacci

You telling me to grow up, when you want to throw shots, but thinks there's a statute of limitations on your $hit, then want to cry when someone reminds you of it? Don't throw stones if you don't want your old stuff brought up, or when you're calling out classless fans and how they should act, try including yourself in that equation.

P.S. Bobby is killed by Marks after it looks like he's getting released from being a hostage!

You going to try to tell me not to cast stones? dude, I'm not even going to turn into you or willy poo and bring up Y,alls stuff.

So yeah, grow the **** up or shut up already. You don't like me, fine. You think i crossed a line, fine. you want to keep beating a dead horse, i guess you do. What ever makes you feel better. Anything else or do you need me to get you a new glass of spoiled milk?

Guest fibonacci

Huh? What did I do? All I did was copy the post. You guys were arguing about what it said so I posted it. Don't you bring my name in your shitfest.

give it a wrap already dude. You stalk the **** out of me. And any chance you can make me look bad, you're there to help the turd shine.

And stop with trying to sound bad ***. because when you say, "leave my name out of your mouth" type crap, all i hear is a 40 year old virgin who beats off every time i post.

You going to try to tell me not to cast stones? dude, I'm not even going to turn into you or willy poo and bring up Y,alls stuff.

So yeah, grow the **** up or shut up already. You don't like me, fine. You think i crossed a line, fine. you want to keep beating a dead horse, i guess you do. What ever makes you feel better. Anything else or do you need me to get you a new glass of spoiled milk?

Bring up whatever you want, I could care less, I don't have nothing to hide. Secondly, I speak when I want on whatever I feel I want to speak on, if you don't like it, tough titty, you'll get over it eventually. You decided to share with us your little Chic fil A story, now you want it forgotten because you know how dumb it looked. Now it's " Oh, I was just complimenting her" whatever, you want it forgotten fine, it's forgotten, but don't forget this:

Edited by meezy0236

Guest fibonacci

Bring up whatever you want, I could care less, I don't have nothing to hide. Secondly, I speak when I want on whatever I feel I want to speak on, if you don't like it, tough titty, you'll get over it eventually. You decided to share with us your little Chic fil A story, now you want it forgotten because you know how dumb it looked. Now it's " Oh, I was just complimenting her" whatever, you want it forgotten fine, it's forgotten, but don't forget !

Anything else, old sport?

Cause you are sounding like a broken record. i think we all got it you think wrongfully on me.

Also pretty sad you want to try to tell me spoilers. But hey you are just wanting to turn into your buddy willy, and want to try to be a bad *** on the big bad internet. (rolling eyes)

Anything else, old sport?

Cause you are sounding like a broken record. i think we all got it you think wrongfully on me.

Also pretty sad you want to try to tell me spoilers. But hey you are just wanting to turn into your buddy willy, and want to try to be a bad *** on the big bad internet. (rolling eyes)

Yep, got me pegged! It's a plot against you, we IM each other to think of ways to gang up on Fib!

Guest fibonacci

Yep, got me pegged! It's a plot against you, we IM each other to think of ways to gang up on Fib!

lol whatever gets you off, old sport. I was just saying you want to be like him.

Guest fibonacci

Look, I'm just sick of it. Every tine a chance is given, willy mo comes out of the wood works to throw more wood on the fire.

For instance tonight. Willy went throwing wood on the fire of meezy wrongly accusing me.

Yet tonight, willy wants to tell me to leave his name out of my mouth type stuff. Lol, well sir, i would if you quit trying to throw wood on the fire everytime I'm involved in something that could make me possibly look bad.

Guest fibonacci

Anyone else got any crap they have with me? The time is now to get it off your chest. Lets not be like meezy and bring up my skeleton 5 years on me, just because he's butthurt at how some of his fan base is being.

Sadly i know some other old sport, is going to try to bring up chick-fil-a story in just a few more months.

Anyone else got any crap they have with me? The time is now to get it off your chest. Lets not be like meezy and bring up my skeleton 5 years on me, just because he's butthurt at how some of his fan base is being.

Sadly i know some other old sport, is going to try to bring up chick-fil-a story in just a few more months.

NO let's be like Fib, throw stones, call out a whole fanbase for the actions of some, and then cry about his dirt being brought up.

Edited by meezy0236

Guest fibonacci

You are a piece of work. Fib wants to throw stones, but cry when someone brings up his $hit.....priceless

where is crying at? I'm standing here asking if anything else needs to be said, or if anyone wants to bring up something that is bothering them about me.

Heck I'm asking for stones to be thrown at me.

Only other feeling i have, is the feeling of being mad about how i helped a friend out one time he was attacked, and thought that person was cool, yet that person wants to grind on something that took place five years ago.

But I'm over that. I see it was just stupid of me to have stuck my neck out for someone who was being bashed for being a Katrina victim and being told him and his family should have died in it. Yep i was the only mofo who stuck up for you (meezy) and faught. <<<<----- care to bring that story up? Nope because you rather Be a jerk.

You guys were arguing over what it said and I posted it. I don't know what I did. I even took your side on mock drafts in TATF about a week ago. I haven't personally quoted you for months. I have no idea what you're saying.

It's not about you Willy Mo, it's about me. He didn't want anyone reminded about the Chic Fil A thing because it made him look like A hypocrite that's all. Now he's all pi$$ed at me because it. It's all good. He'll call me a few names, call me butt hurt, and it'll be forgotten soon enough.