Magic Johnson Made A Great Point In A Interview With Espn...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People can't fathom this.

Ask the Spurs if they regret tanking for Tim Duncan. If you're not a Super Bowl team, shoot for the top ten. That 6-10 through 9-7 record is a trap for mediocrity in my opinion. That's why the teams that are there are always there.

The NBA draft isn't the same as the NFL draft. It's not a great point, two different sports, two different draft models and results.

Tanking works in the NBA, but no other sport. 1 player can mean 20 wins for a team in the NBA, there is no one player on an NFL roster who can account for 4 wins a season by themselves. But nobody advocating for tanking in this thread chose to address the above post because it makes their stupid comparisons that much more obvious.

Exactly, the Hawks #15 draft pick from 2014 is going down to the D-League, in the NFL a GM would be catching major heat for "wasting" a draft pick.

People can't fathom this.

Ask the Spurs if they regret tanking for Tim Duncan. If you're not a Super Bowl team, shoot for the top ten. That 6-10 through 9-7 record is a trap for mediocrity in my opinion. That's why the teams that are there are always there.

David Robinson tearing his knee is not tanking.

We are in the hunt for a playoff berth. Sorry magic j your stupid statement doesn't apply here. And you morons that want to tank what may be the highlight of this dismal season...just leave or keep your idiot post or response to yourself. Any thing could happen once you're in the playoffs.

Edited by nomak

Or how about let's be great and still pick good players in the 28-32 range every year

Tatf has been breaking my heart lately. I wish there was a year-long version of "scared straight" for football fans so I could sign-up some of you falcon "fans" to be raider fans. Then, you would return to the falcons fan base and never mention the word "tanking/tank" again.

There's s fundamental difference between a fan hoping for a loss to gain draft status and a team intentionally losing.

Players play to win. Period. Fans do whatever the eff they want because they have no say so and make no difference. Show up or don't show up pay or don't pay cheer or don't cheer it don't make a got dam difference.

Or how about let's be great and still pick good players in the 28-32 range every year

Tatf has been breaking my heart lately. I wish there was a year-long version of "scared straight" for football fans so I could sign-up some of you falcon "fans" to be raider fans. Then, you would return to the falcons fan base and never mention the word "tanking/tank" again.

Lol

You should always do your best.

that's a life lesson. It's like I said earlier, alot of the people saying they want the team to tank are just saying it to anger people, which is why you keep seeing all these threads complaining about the tankers. As you see the tankers don't even come around when the threads are made. Some just legit feel you get a guaranteed hit in the top of the draft and time has told that isn't true alot of the time

that's a life lesson. It's like I said earlier, alot of the people saying they want the team to tank are just saying it to anger people, which is why you keep seeing all these threads complaining about the tankers. As you see the tankers don't even come around when the threads are made. Some just legit feel you get a guaranteed hit in the top of the draft and time has told that isn't true alot of the time

The draft is a crap shoot....rounds 3-7, builds the team character and depth. Round 2 perhaps a bargaining chip. To me, there's not a whole lot of difference between #32 and #15, so tanking is not the answer IMHO.

If your opinion is to be a perpetual loser...then yes.

The whole idea of tanking is to have the team lose short term and in order to win more games long term, vs losing over and over long term. So realistically the theory of tanking is to keep this team from being a "perpetual loser", so does that make you the pathetic one since your idea only has us winning short term?

The draft is a crap shoot....rounds 3-7, builds the team character and depth. Round 2 perhaps a bargaining chip. To me, there's not a whole lot of difference between #32 and #15, so tanking is not the answer IMHO.

I don't see the point in suggesting something that silly either but that's how some brains are. Like others, including several others on this site and some of those who attend the game each week, I declared the season over after the Detroit loss. Won't back track on that statement because it should be pretty understandable why anyone would have that thought. But declaring that they should just fold and tank is pretty stupid.