Remove Kroy And Babs From The Edge Rush Pronto

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Babs is a decent inside DT, let him rotate in there with Tyson Jackson and Soliai, if you want to keep playing him. I don't advocate keeping Biermann on the field, but if they must then at least move to LB and let him use his "finesse" there, not like that position could get much more worse.

If Nolan is so insistent on using a DT as an edge rusher then use a player that is actually a hybrid: Hageman.

Try out a combination between him, Osi, and Mass, all three of which have shown ability to apply pressure every time that they're on the field. If we had even one decent pass rusher on the field yesterday then that game could have played out very differently.

Kroy gets 1 sack in 5 games and all of a sudden you all think he's something just because it was against Aaron Rodgers. If Osi saw the playtime that Kroy did then I guarantee you that he would have gotten at least 2 sacks and a whole lot more pressures.

This defense needs more pieces, regardless who is the coach, this defense is just average at best. Nolan isnt going anywhere in my opinion. Its not his fault.

But at the expense of who? We draft front seven guys year after year but they never see the field behind the vets who obviously werent producing enough otherwise we wouldnt draftong their position all the time.

Think about this, if Peria Jerry didnt retire there is a good chance we would have kept him and cut a guy like Cliff Matthews or Maponga who both have more potential. We have let go of guys like Vance Walker, Sidbury, and Travian Robertson just so we can keep playing the same guys who havent been getting the job done for almost as long as TD and Smith have been here. So I dont wanna see us draft another kid with beast potential just to see him "rotate" for 8 snaps a game while the starters are getting gashed on the field. If our "system" is that hard for rookies to pick up then its time to adjust how we coach. It makes no sense to have such a complex system THAT DOESNT STOP ANYONE. I swear we are gonna let dudes like Bierman and Babs retire in a Falcons uniform still playing 75+ percent of the snaps no matter how much it hurts the team and development of guys overall.

But at the expense of who? We draft front seven guys year after year but they never see the field behind the vets who obviously werent producing enough otherwise we wouldnt draftong their position all the time.

Think about this, if Peria Jerry didnt retire there is a good chance we would have kept him and cut a guy like Cliff Matthews or Maponga who both have more potential. We have let go of guys like Vance Walker, Sidbury, and Travian Robertson just so we can keep playing the same guys who havent been getting the job done for almost as long as TD and Smith have been here. So I dont wanna see us draft another kid with beast potential just to see him "rotate" for 8 snaps a game while the starters are getting gashed on the field. If our "system" is that hard for rookies to pick up then its time to adjust how we coach. It makes no sense to have such a complex system THAT DOESNT STOP ANYONE. I swear we are gonna let dudes like Bierman and Babs retire in a Falcons uniform still playing 75+ percent of the snaps no matter how much it hurts the team and development of guys overall.

I agree that a lot of players sit on the pine for a turn. My biggest issue with this was sidbury, but the fact is that, this staff has been doing this qay b4 nolan got here.. which proves this isnt his doing completely, I dnt believe its the scheme complexity thats holding the guys back..

This is where I disagree, I think its simply a lack of talent..

How many high rd players have we drafted for our front 7?

Jerry and spoon, thats it, everyone else besides hageman is no higher then a 4th rd pick on the ENTIRE front.. its obvious they lack talent there.

So even when nolan put them into position, they fail to execute. I see why nolan is trying to scheme around so much, we dnt have anyone who can straight up play football one on one

Its so frustrating too watch Kroy. He was In the right spot VERY often but just could not close the deal because he's too stiff.

krpy is a joke, he has one move, speed rush, and its so obvious that every team lineman just pushes him right by the QB everytime..

You would think hey, I need to have a counter move, inside move or SOMETHING!!

Kroy needs to be benched man foreal

I agree that a lot of players sit on the pine for a turn. My biggest issue with this was sidbury, but the fact is that, this staff has been doing this qay b4 nolan got here.. which proves this isnt his doing completely, I dnt believe its the scheme complexity thats holding the guys back..

This is where I disagree, I think its simply a lack of talent..

How many high rd players have we drafted for our front 7?

Jerry and spoon, thats it, everyone else besides hageman is no higher then a 4th rd pick on the ENTIRE front.. its obvious they lack talent there.

So even when nolan put them into position, they fail to execute. I see why nolan is trying to scheme around so much, we dnt have anyone who can straight up play football one on one

I agree with you, but even still, Why isnt Hageman in the rotation more he clearly has raw ability unmatched by the vets ahead of him.

Vance Walker was a solid player that we developed and let walk in favor of keeping sorry Jerry.

Travian was the unanimous strongest player on the team yet we couldnt make room for him on THIS terrible run defending line?

Goodman and Maponga have played better this year in very limited snaps. Mass has regressed just a little bit in my eyes but Im 150% certain they all could at the very least EQUAL the production of Osi Babs and Kroy if given the same number of snaps.

Do we need more talent Absolutely. Are we using the talent we already have the best way possible Absolutely Not. And that is what has to change 1st otherwise it wont matter who we bring in. I honestly believe we could draft a JJ Watt or Clay Matthews and they would both sit on the bench behind vets because they arent as experienced

or they are tweeners and the staff doesnt know how to use them properly

I agree with you, but even still, Why isnt Hageman in the rotation more he clearly has raw ability unmatched by the vets ahead of him.

Vance Walker was a solid player that we developed and let walk in favor of keeping sorry Jerry.

Travian was the unanimous strongest player on the team yet we couldnt make room for him on THIS terrible run defending line?

Goodman and Maponga have played better this year in very limited snaps. Mass has regressed just a little bit in my eyes but Im 150% certain they all could at the very least EQUAL the production of Osi Babs and Kroy if given the same number of snaps.

Do we need more talent Absolutely. Are we using the talent we already have the best way possible Absolutely Not. And that is what has to change 1st otherwise it wont matter who we bring in. I honestly believe we could draft a JJ Watt or Clay Matthews and they would both sit on the bench behind vets because they arent as experienced

Mass was playing well, till he spoke up about playing time then he suddenly got hurt?, and hasn't really seen the field since..

they've been doing this since the beginning. They always baby the vets, abe got the most babied, but at least he got the job done. I agree that mass and maponga needs more reps. But this isnt nolan fault in my mind its smittys and his loyalty to his vets like you said.

Yea we could have got buficit in the 4th and he still would be riding the pine.. lol its gotta be more to it, and I dnt think the position coaches even the coordinators have much say on this regarding rotation and PT.

Well there's a couple of ways to look at it.

1. Nolan doesn't trust Osi, Mass, and Map to hold the edge and therefore you'll see Babs at DE but that's also hinders us vs the pass..

2. Nolan is playing chess. You know Nolan knows teams will try to take advantage of Babs at DE, so Nolan has to come up with exotic coverages on the back end and either we naturally were playing the pass very well on the back end vs Green Bay or Nolan had some good coverages designed. But when you get absolutely no rush from anyone Rodgers easily extended and took advantage of it.

William Moore is the key to this defense. When he's on the field we are a he to let Kemal play the box, and while that may not seem significant, it is. The way Kemal plays allows is to have a "3rd" linebacker that can cover better than our linebackers. So now with 3 safety's on the field Nolan can afford to put Osi, Mass, or Map at DE to rush the QB and if they do not hold the edge well on those stretch plays it doesn't stress Lowery and Moore as much to come down hill and fill because Kemal will be designed through the play call, to help on the edge those 3 guys may be on.

We don't have a lot of great pieces but we have a lot of good pieces who need to be on the field together to make the defense better and more versatile as a whole.