Cam Newton Injured In Accident.

I Even Bleed Red

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be surprised if he's not done for the season. You can't mess around with fractures in your back.

Wishing him well. I can't stand Cam Newton, but never like to see accidents or injuries.

supposed to be equivalent of Romo's back injury - he missed one game. I would think Cam misses this week - if they lose, they are basically out of playoffs and Panthers shut him down for the season. If somehow Panthers win this week w/ Derek Anderson - then would not be surprised if he came back.

Yikes. They were saying he was fine just bruises. He has to be done for the year, but more importantly, he heals up fine. I know Romo came right back, but we will see. That guy plays busted up every season it seems.

He may be a Panther, and a ex Auburn tiger and Gator, but he is a local product and I actually like Cam except for when we play him.

Edited by jeffro2000

I'd be surprised if he's not done for the season. You can't mess around with fractures in your back.

Wishing him well. I can't stand Cam Newton, but never like to see accidents or injuries.

You think so? From what I have read nothing sounds like this could happen. Also not counting the game against the Saints Newton is probably a big part of why the Panthers have a bad record this season. Derek Anderson might have given them a better record.

Saw a panel on NFL Live today discussing how this can benifit the Saints I sh^t you not....

Besides the obvious distaste... How is it helping the Ain'ts more than us? We still have to play the Panthers, they don't, and despite what the media wants to think, we still lead the division. ******* media.

Besides the obvious distaste... How is it helping the Saints more than us? We still have to play the Panthers, they don't, and despite media wants to think, we still the division. ******* media.

That's what made it so silly. If anything it hurts them with the possibility of us having an easier schedule. But don't let that and 4 touchdown drubbing stop the ESPN love train :lol: They also reinterated that they think the Saints still take the NFC South.

ouch reporting 2 fractures in his back. he has gotta be done this season. i have had my L1 fused after a car accident. good luck cam.

OK . . . There is a TON we don't know, but what can we learn from initial reports?

1) "Cam is fine and did not even want to go to the hospital . . . "

2) "The car rolled two or three times"

3) Cam actually has a two fractured vertebrae and is in stable condition . . .

4) Police are still investigating . . .

5) It looks like the collision occorred on an overpass near the stadium. No intersection in the immediate vicinity, one way road. The sedan has damage to the right front.

From photo's, it appears that Cams truck traveled well over 200 feet after the impact with the sedan. That might be some CRAZY speed. (It also might be that the sedan was going the wrong way on a one way street, but it looks like the collision occured at Hill St., and Chuch St., which would be over 200 feet from where the truck was on it's side.

First, I called the Tiger Woods' "car accident with a fire hydrant" as really his wife going after him with a 9 iron way before anyone else saw that coming, so I am a little paranoid, but sometimes I get things right.

You have to be doing something REALLY dumb to roll a car once, twice or three times. (He probably rolled only once, witnesses frequently over estimate the number of times a car rolls.) In all likelihood, tremendous speed was involved and some pretty reckless driving.

I don't care if you are an NFL quarterback, a broken back is going to hurt like ****. After going through something like that, you almost CERTAINLY would want to get checked out at the hospital. What if he shows up at practice tomorrow with a fractured spine and ends up paralyzed?

So . . . if it is true that he didn't want to go to the hospital, why not?

When you go to the hospital, they run blood tests and toxicology screens. Was there something in his system that Cam did not want discovered? If it was anything illicit, police are investigating so they could get access to the records.

Point being, there might be a lot more going on here than we are aware of at this point. I think there will be more shoes dropping . . . .

Fortunately, it does not appear that the injuries to either driver are life threatening or catastrophic. Seat Belts: Good.

supposed to be equivalent of Romo's back injury - he missed one game. I would think Cam misses this week - if they lose, they are basically out of playoffs and Panthers shut him down for the season. If somehow Panthers win this week w/ Derek Anderson - then would not be surprised if he came back.

Derek Anderson is not a bad backup.