Cia Torture Report Expected To Be Released This Morning, Concerns Of Violence Around The World In Response

Mr. Hoopah!

I'm glad we got Bin Ladin, but I am not looking forward to reading what's contained in this thing. Bush and the CIA have gone on the offensive ahead of its release and already said it contains misinformation and untruthful allegations. Lots of calls to delay releasing it for fear for the danger it will put our troops and ambassadors in worldwide in response. More than one lawmaker has said its contents will sicken every American.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/12/09/reckless-and-irresponsible-top-republicans-lash-out-ahead-release-cia-report/

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/09/politics/cia-torture-report/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would they release a report like this?

Yeah, why can't the government just pretend to be transparent while keeping all the important stuff hidden from anyone that would question its motives or ethics? If there's any branch of the government that has earned the benefit of the doubt, it's the CIA.

Yeah I can not imagine it being good

If it gets released the administration is guilty of trying to incite the world..........or something like that

If it is not released it is just a failed promise of transparency

It will also be interesting to see how the self righteous " the aw is the law" folks react to that..........after all torture is against the law.

maybe we should actually see what is in it before trying to twist things to attack the other side

Ok, there is some pretty bad stuff, but not as bad as I really thought it might be.

There are people who say this is political, but I don't really get that. If people think this is a Republican vs. Democrat issue, then they aren't paying attention.

The Obama administration put the guy who uncovered the torture in prison and the guy who led the torture got appointed as the head of he CIA.

I am so sick of all the torture whining.....CIA interrogators had to submit to waterboarding themselves.

If we have to torture a terrorist to save thousands of American lives, then it is what it is. I will take our measured response to the barbarians and sleep good at night.

I am so sick of all the torture whining.....CIA interrogators had to submit to this themselves.

If we have to torture a terrorist to save thousands of American lives, then it is what it is. I will take our measured response to the barbarians and sleep good at night.

I think it is a sad concession of the higher moral ground, but I understand your point of view.

The main thing is...it just doesn't work. The terrorist are pretty smart about providing information to each other on a need to know basis in case people get caught.

I think it is a sad concession of the higher moral ground, but I understand your point of view.

The main thing is...it just doesn't work. The terrorist are pretty smart about providing information to each other on a need to know basis in case people get caught.

Exactly.

maybe we should actually see what is in it before trying to twist things to attack the other side

Well we KNOW we tortured people . That is not in dispute. S I am not "twisting" anything

But the fact is a lot of the same people who are going hard after the the immigration debate saying basically that the law is the law are the same ones who like to sugar coat the FACT we tortured people when it is indeed against the law.

Well we KNOW we tortured people . That is not in dispute. S I am not "twisting" anything

But the fact is a lot of the same people who are going hard after the the immigration debate saying basically that the law is the law are the same ones who like to sugar coat the FACT we tortured people when it is indeed against the law.

using it as a preemptive strike to imagined hypocrisy is part of the reason we don't get anywhere. instead of dealing with an issue, and only that issue, in an objective manner people immediately seek to use it as a tool for one upping those they don't agree with

What happens in Morocco stays in Morocco ;)

I wonder if it's a coincidence that the people that think torture is fine and dandy as long as it's for a "just cause" are also the people that imagine torture as something that's either saving "thousands of American" lives or an unauthorized option preventing Jack from doing his job.

I wonder if it's a coincidence that the people that think torture is fine and dandy as long as it's for a "just cause" are also the people that imagine torture as something that's either saving "thousands of American" lives or an unauthorized option preventing Jack from doing his job.

If somebody sexually assaulted/murdered any of my three kids or my wife and I caught them - I promise you torture would be on the horizon if I caught them - think most fathers would feel the same.

I am fairly certain the ends justifies the means when 3,000 innocent American were murdered - for being American. Yeah, if I were President and these CIA officers were prosecuted, I would pardon them.

Seems like it outta be a larger part of the conversation that using torture teaches "actual terrorists" how to manage information while the CIA fails to come up with alternatives that don't make things worse in the long run; maybe it should even be the main topic of the conversation, as opposed to **** like "we're putting American lives at risk by admitting we did stuff everyone already knows we did, how dare they play politics with American lives like they've always done and always will do for reasons that are probably connected to why we torture people even though it's never worked."

If somebody sexually assaulted/murdered any of my three kids or my wife and I caught them - I promise you torture would be on the horizon if I caught them - think most fathers would feel the same.

That's an adorable revenge narrative you've concocted, but we're talking about international affairs, not Charles Bronson movies.

how about 3,000 dead Americans - how adorable is that, Serge?

You don't think it's even the least bit nonsensical that you're trying to turn a conversation about the CIA's interrogation techniques into 1) ******* Death Wish 4 and 2) 9/11, even though the CIA existed before 9/11 and didn't stop it with correctly-administered torture?