I'm Not One For Moral Victories

Nino11

But I can't help but to think we can bang with the big boys after last night's game. Even when Rodgers was carving us up I can't count how many times simple little dump off passes killed us. Rodgers had so much time to go through every one of his reads and at the same time make a pot roast before dumping it off to Lacy or Quarles. The secondary was locking up the vaunted green bay receiving core but if you can't get to Rodgers with a 4 man rush it's over with. Same as most NFL Qbs. Julio gets his foot down or Matt Ryan doesn't have a brainfart or even we don't give up a 60 yarder on 3rd down we are looking at an upset most likely. I doubt we find a pass rusher this late in the season to step up but that's truly what we need as they have been saying for years

Their response seemed to be that we were so close that the next year we just needed a few pieces, overlooking that we did nothing in the second half, as usual. Hello, 4-win season!

They preached all season long that 2012 was 2012 and 2013 was a different year. So that is incorrect. What they didn't expect is how different it would be.

They preached all season long that 2012 was 2012 and 2013 was a different year. So that is incorrect. What they didn't expect is how different it would be.

They expected to be at least as good as 2012, but it's hard keeping track of all their talk when they're trying to sell this flawed product.

atlanta earned a lot of respect last night even in a loss. that's something we haven't had in a long time.

They should cash out that respect quickly, in the Not For long League it's gone and forgotten in an instant. I checked, and even at the moment when the game clock expired the open market value of that respect outside of Atlanta was less than the value of any single snowflake that fell in Green Bay last night.

"10 yards from the Superbowl" comes to mind.

That's the opposite of a moral victory.

Moral victories are actually really rare. Usually when you lose it sucks all around.

A moral victory is when a team is a huge underdog and makes huge strides to win but comes up short. It's a moral victory because they shocked everyone with how they performed.

Basically, when the whole world is laughing at you like last night and then you man up and go stride for stride like ******* Rocky and Apollo.

Edited by likeriver

That's the opposite of a moral victory.

Moral victories are actually really rare. Usually when you lose it sucks all around.

A moral victory is when a team is a huge underdog and makes huge strides to win but comes up short. It's a moral victory because they shocked everyone with how they performed.

Basically, when the whole world is laughing at you like last night and then you man up and go stride for stride like ******* Rocky and Apollo.

Depends on who you ask, but either way moral victory = loss.

my opinion is more of the "different week, different game" variety. I mean they lost to the Browns and couldn't even score 2 TDs against the Bears ... and those were home games!

We have put it on one of the top defenses last week and nearly won a shootout with a top team this weak though. Despite the lost they might start clicking at the right time

I can't believe more people aren't upset about Bosher's "attempt" at an onside kick (the last one)... You're going to lose games, many times the better team wins, but to be such huge underdogs and go out and have a shot to beat the current best team in the league with the best quarterback... And then you don't even give you're guys a shot. That was devastating to me and I seriously hope Ryan can somehow forget about it

To go stride for stride with Rodgers and then have your f*cking punter blow it is the worst way to lose. Didn't even give our special teams guys (and offense) a chance

I can't believe more people aren't upset about Bosher's "attempt" at an onside kick (the last one)... You're going to lose games, many times the better team wins, but to be such huge underdogs and go out and have a shot to beat the current best team in the league with the best quarterback... And then you don't even give you're guys a shot. That was devastating to me and I seriously hope Ryan can somehow forget about it

To go stride for stride with Rodgers and then have your f*cking punter blow it is the worst way to lose. Didn't even give our special teams guys (and offense) a chance

That was terrible we shoulda kicked it deep if that was the result but hindsight