XXVIII-III

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not too early defense hasnt done anything

It was way too early !

And to make matters even worse the defense actually held enough to force a kick.

Problem is.....

It was a long 53 yard field goal, instead of the a punt it would have been thanks to Smitty blink.png !

Please relieve Smitty of his duties asap. His decision making ability is VOID ON IT's FACE wacko.png !!

Run up the middle on a two point conversion try, and going for the onside kick way too early. WTF?!

And it wasn't even our big man ---- it was little Quizz ---- and about the onside kick, never have liked those, myself. If we had kicked it deep, and made the Pack start from the 20, I think we would have had a better chance of getting the ball back, and scoring the winning points --- oh well, we're STILL in 1st Place! Bahahahaha!!!!!!!

It was clearly an audible called by Matt Ryan at the line on the Quizz run, he probably saw something he liked and called the play, but it wasn't executed.

The onside kick wasn't a bad call, the defense wasn't stopping anything out there, so might as well try an onside, and then we held them to three points as well anyways.

The difference i think was at the end of the second quarter, the 3rd down play that allowed a TD, when Biermann had a sack, and then having our FG blocked.

Also what this coaching staff always gets roasted for, is what they did an absolutely tremendous job at this game. And that's second half adjustments.

Edited by Factz

Run up the middle on a two point conversion try, and going for the onside kick way too early. WTF?!

You all are stupid. I'm sorry but you are. Very unsophisticated football fans.

The audible was made when the Packers showed more of a zone coverage with a soft middle. Matt tried to exploit the defense and ran the ball. The gamble in that situation does not compare to the absolute fight this team showed.

Not calling the time out right before the two minute warning the the right move. You call time out with 2 or 3 seconds left before the waring only saves you those 3 seconds. You hold on your time outs and stop the clock as much as you can after the two minute warning.

Going for the on side kicks were smart moves. We showed we couldn't stop the Packers why not try to get the ball back. At the very least you save time on the clock by holding them to a short drive and not allow them to eat up the clock with a long drive and touch down. The onside kick move worked. You only give up a field goal still have time on the clock gives you a fighting chance. If the defense was much better you could show confidence in them and kick the ball off.

Mike Smith did a great job getting his team to fight at the end. There was no quit. I do question the heart or just the overall talent level on defense.

The only blunder here was TD's under estimating the Defense's ability to play as a unit. In other words, his defense sucks. He built that crap he needs to take owner ship of it.