Sean Payton Throws The Entire Saints Team Under The Bus! Then Runs Them Over. Is He Losing The Locker Room?

Trouble

The Saints suffered their worst home loss since 2003 on Sunday when the Panthers throttled them 41-10 at the Superdome to make it four straight home losses for a team that has usually enjoyed a major advantage in their building during the Sean Payton era.

The head coach didn’t mince words about his team’s performance after the game. He called it “embarrassing” and said the Saints did “all the things that keep you from winning” before being asked if he thought his team got too relaxed after winning against the Steelers in Week 13.

“They shouldn’t. We’re not that good,” Payton said. “I don’t know if it’s being not able to handle a little bit of prosperity or a little bit of success. We’re not that good.”

Payton said that the team would be looking at everything, including personnel changes, as they get ready to face the Bears. Payton realizes, though, that the inconsistency and sloppiness that have plagued the team all season aren’t likely to be wiped away in a few days. Payton called it “madness to be here after a game like that with our fans and say we will have it right next week” and it’s impossible to argue with the 13 weeks of evidence that support that belief.

hit-by-ice-cream-truck-o_zpsf32931d9.gif

Guest fibonacci

random kind of. But I would love for our players to come and say Mike Smith is crap and the flat our reason we lost 2 games this season at the least.

things like this have to be said from time to time. I can't stand coaches who hold hands and baby players. So, good for Payton for saying this. And I do not think he is losing the room at all.

Guest fibonacci

He's right. And maybe they need to hear it.

The effort in the last three home games has been embarrassing.

dang you with posting right before me. but LOL we had the exact same thought.

Payton was 100% correct with his assessment of the team, they are not good, and anyone with two eyes can see that. Payton didn't throw the team under the bus, he told them what they needed to hear. Will this change how the team plays this season? No, they are done for this year, but hopefully Payton can convey to them that this level of mediocrity won't be tolerated.

What about some of the statement that there is no leadership on the team? Names that were mentioned are Vilma, Harper, etc. Is that a case where Breesus has lost his effect on the players or is that a issue with the coaching losing the players?

Could be a combination of both. The guys that are not here anymore outlived their usefulness on the field as far as their play went, but their leadership was always going to be hard to replace. Brees still has effect as the biggest leader of the team, but i think he feels he has to do it all by himself because those other guys aren't there anymore to pick up the slack.

It's hard to lose the type of leaders the Saints had, but it's the nature of the business, it's not ideal, and it sucks, but it is what it is.

Coach Payton is keeping it real, I love this stuff...... Falcons just got destroyed by the Packers and you could swear they just won the NFC championship on some of the post that I had read, call it what it is and thats a lost. Just because the Packers went into a prevent style defense after the route begun Ryan was able to throw the ball , you knew with Arron Rogers on cue that the game was never in jeopardy. Payton don't play that chit, there is no moral victory when you lose.

Coach Payton is keeping it real, I love this stuff...... Falcons just got destroyed by the Packers and you could swear they just won the NFC championship on some of the post that I had read, call it what it is and thats a lost. Just because the Packers went into a prevent style defense after the route begun Ryan was able to throw the ball , you knew with Arron Rogers on cue that the game was never in jeopardy. Payton don't play that chit, there is no moral victory when you lose.

Your trying to hard! I just read these exact comments in a different thread by you. Dont be that guy who copy and pastes into different threads.

Dont be mad we aren't butt hurt about our lose as you are about your teams.