Cliff Matthews

Clark Kent™

This offseason he was one of the main people i wanted released. Especially since we added Soliai, Jackson, and Hageman. I remember watching in the preseason thinking he actually looked pretty good. I chalked it up to it being preseason.

Anyhow, he has gotten some snaps lately and I think he looked pretty good. Haven't had a chance to rewatch the game, but has anyone else noticed him making a few plays?

I was so pissed when we kept Cliff over TRob. Still am. But I'd rather have our OLB/DE setup being Mass and Matthews than Biermann and Osi ATM.

For sure. Travian was one of my favorite guys we drafted. I thought it was the dumbest thing in the world to keep Cliff at all. At the very least Travian had the closest skill set to back up Soliai should he have gotten injured so I thought he was going to actually be a somewhat important piece.

I think he has looked good though. Maybe the dudes light bulb clicked and he is gonna be solid for us.

Why cut a backup guy who is only making 600,000? He hasn't been active but a couple games this year. You stash him until you need him

Its not about money. Its about the PS spot. My thinking at the time was, he has been here 3-4 years and hasn't ever produce anything so we basically know what we have in him. Not to mention we added 3 more DT's who are all better. Surely one of those PS could be used for someone who could have more of an impact.

But he did look good in preseason and lately in the last 2 games i've seen. Hope he can continue it. Gonna need the D line to step up BIG time tonight.

Its not about money. Its about the PS spot. My thinking was, he has been here 3-4 years and hasn't ever produce anything so we basically know what we have in him. Not to mention we added 3 more DT's who are all better. Surely one of those PS could be used for someone who could have more of an impact.

But he did look good in preseason and lately in the last 2 games i've seen. Hope he can continue it. Gonna need the D line to step up BIG time tonight.

they don't even play the same position. If its about a spot, Starr shouldn't have been kept over Robertson. At least cliff Matthews has experience. Robertson was a victim of soliai and hageman coming to the team

they don't even play the same position. If its about a spot, Starr shouldn't have been kept over Robertson. At least cliff Matthews has experience. Robertson was a victim of soliai and hageman coming to the team

Who doesn't play the same position? Cliff plays DT/DE and Robertson played DT. but Robertson could have been Soliai's back up. Matthews can't do that so i thought Robertson had more value than Matthews.

And yeah i would have definitely rather kept Robertson than Starr. I think that dude sucked balls. JMO

For sure. Travian was one of my favorite guys we drafted. I thought it was the dumbest thing in the world to keep Cliff at all. At the very least Travian had the closest skill set to back up Soliai should he have gotten injured so I thought he was going to actually be a somewhat important piece.

I think he has looked good though. Maybe the dudes light bulb clicked and he is gonna be solid for us.

My only issue is we will be going into next season with Mass, Matthews, Maponga, AND Biermann. Since Nolan is swinging from Biermann's balls then that means we are gonna lose one of those 3 M's to a draft/FA pickup. I'd much rather be going into the offseason with Biermann and Matthews gone and Maponga and Mass as our OLBs so we can pick up another in FA and 1 more in the draft.

**** it whatever. Your point about Soliai was dead on, too. He was by far the best backup for a 3-4NT we had. So dumb.

I didn't like that Travian wasn't getting loving by the staff...but we only have so many roster spots, and Matthews is a regular on special teams.

One person not getting any attention, and that could mean quite a lot in itself, is Goodmen. He has been getting a ton of snaps the last half of this season.