Movie Debate....

Dirtybird#11

Alright I know some of you down here are comic book movie fans considering we have whose your favorite Batman character thread and also a Marvel Avengers Universe thread goin 20+ pages as well. With that in mind over the holidays I went black friday shopping and decide to pickup The Amazing Spider-Man 2. I seen the first one and I personally liked it a lot so I decided to give this one a buy too! I watched it last night, and I thought it wasn't a bad movie like some reviews said..... What did Yall think of it if you seen in? IMO out of 10 stars it was a 7.7/10.

Edited by DB#11_And_The_Polls

I think it suffered a little because it was released in arguably one of the best movie seasons we've had in years. I mean Captain America 2,The Hunger Games 3,Godzilla,XMen:DOFP,22 Jump Street,Transformers 4,etc. We're all huge releases this year that were highly liked aside from Transformers.

I didn't like transformers, godzilla or dofp. Flame me if ya want but dofp and gorilla weren't that good to me

It was good the first time. The music and lights and all kept it interesting. 2nd time? Not so much.

I hate the ending.... Just seemed pointless. I hate pointless shock factors.

I thought the last 40 minutes were fantastic. The only problems I had with it was Harry an Peter's friendship seemed forced,Rhino's character as a whole was silly,and Max Dillon before the change got on my nerves a little.

I thought the last 40 minutes were fantastic. The only problems I had with it was Harry an Peter's friendship seemed forced,Rhino's character as a whole was silly,and Max Dillon before the change got on my nerves a little.

You know what I'm talking about lol. Sony has already completely redone spider man. So now they're going to completely redo one of the main characters? It's just obnoxious story telling. Shock factor to get people talking.

They took one movie to introduce a new cast and then the next movie they said **** it.

You know what I'm talking about lol. Sony has already completely redone spider man. So now they're going to completely redo one of the main characters? It's just obnoxious story telling. Shock factor to get people talking.

They took one movie to introduce a new cast and then the next movie they said **** it.

I guess you're talking about Mary Jane?

Just finished watching it. Can't figure out why so many people hated that movie. It was a good comic book movie.

I hated Andrew Garfield in the first movie, but liked him in this one. There were 2 things I really hated about this movie though:

1. Jamie Foxx. I hate this shitbag with a fiery passion, so I'm biased. He's an awful actor and a real life dooshbag and a terrible choice for Electro.

2. The Music. This may have been the worst soundtrack I've ever heard in my life. It was so distracting and so annoying that I actually had to turn the sound system down during the fight scenes.

Other than that though, it was nowhere close to being the worst comic book movie ever like so many people said it was.

Just finished watching it. Can't figure out why so many people hated that movie. It was a good comic book movie.

I hated Andrew Garfield in the first movie, but liked him in this one. There were 2 things I really hated about this movie though:

1. Jamie Foxx. I hate this shitbag with a fiery passion, so I'm biased. He's an awful actor and a real life dooshbag and a terrible choice for Electro.

2. The Music. This may have been the worst soundtrack I've ever heard in my life. It was so distracting and so annoying that I actually had to turn the sound system down during the fight scenes.

Other than that though, it was nowhere close to being the worst comic book movie ever like so many people said it was.

the problem for me is the limited amount of screen time for the villains and too many teasers that the movie didn't give us. Electro the villain was only on screen for a limited amount of time. Goblin the villain was only on screen for a limited amount of time. If I'm gonna sit for over 2 hours, I would like to see more than 30 minutes of the title villain and any other villain they built up. That's a trend in alot of these super hero movies. I can name a few more, iron man 2 being the most notable. They build up whiplash for only 15-20 minutes of screen time

Goblin wasn't the main villain of the movie, and Electro had the perfect amount of screen time for a character played by Jamie Foxx. The less time he's on the screen the better.

After all, the movies you're referencing were called Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Iron Man 2, not Electro & Goblin and Whiplash.

Although yeah, Mickey Rourke said they cut a ton of his scenes out of the final movie, and for that reason alone he would never work with Marvel again.

Goblin wasn't the main villain of the movie, and Electro had the perfect amount of screen time for a character played by Jamie Foxx. The less time he's on the screen the better.

After all, the movies you're referencing were called Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Iron Man 2, not Electro & Goblin and Whiplash.

Although yeah, Mickey Rourke said they cut a ton of his scenes out of the final movie, and for that reason alone he would never work with Marvel again.

my point is, if you are gonna tease major comic book villains, they need to be on screen for most of the movie. Both captain America's, the dark Knight trilogy, even both Thor movies had their villains on screen for the majority of the movie. That's all I want. If you aren't gonna use major name villains properly, just don't use them at all

my point is, if you are gonna tease major comic book villains, they need to be on screen for most of the movie. Both captain America's, the dark Knight trilogy, even both Thor movies had their villains on screen for the majority of the movie. That's all I want. If you aren't gonna use major name villains properly, just don't use them at all

I tell you what tho that Captain America 2 was great it definitely made my top 5 favorite comic book movies list...

1.The Dark Knight

2.Captain America: The Winter Soldier

3.Man Of Steel

4.The Dark Knight Rises

5.The Amazing Spider-Man