Bring Back The Human Element To Football And All Sports.

If you eliminated instant replays today the egos of Refs would go wild. THEY would be back in the "Drivers Seat".........100%.......with zero recourse, answering to no one, accountable to nothing.

Flags would be flying more than on the 4th of July.

As irritating as replays can be they at least hold the Refs accountable most of the time.

If you eliminated instant replays today the egos of Refs would go wild. THEY would be back in the "Drivers Seat".........100%.......with zero recourse, answering to no one, accountable to nothing.

Flags would be flying more than on the 4th of July.

As irritating as replays can be they at least hold the Refs accountable most of the time.

Most penalties aren't reviewable. But I agree with the gist of your post. If the NFL made the referees available to the media, you'd have much better calls.

Can you imagine Smitty not doing anything in a case like that and being given a pass by TATF? Nope. You do anything and everything to give your team a fair (or unfair) shot to win the game. Especially if it means buying time for the replay officials to do their jobs when they didn't observe 12 men on the field.

I get trying, but I feel the prior play shouldn't be reviewable for 12 men. The current play they were in should have been the one that is reviewable. That's all I'm saying.

I get trying, but I feel the prior play shouldn't be reviewable for 12 men. The current play they were in should have been the one that is reviewable. That's all I'm saying.

At what point should it not be reviewable? As long as they don't snap the ball, review it. Otherwise you're suggesting that if the flag isn't thrown at the snap, then the offending team gets away with a violation.

We can agree to disagree on this one, though.

I promise I won't beat you up if you decide not to read my post. I won't threaten to take your 1st born. Infact, I would encourage you not to read my post. The goal is to not aggravate you in anyway. So I kindly ask you avoid my comments, post or otherwise any act of any kind from me on these boards. I hope that clears things up.

Ok back to the subject at hand. I love when a baseball official blows a call at the plate and fans, the team and the manager explode. That's exciting and fun to me. Forget replay. Lets bring that certain level of fun back.

The past weekend Julio had a sideline catch that was ruled inbounds when he clearly was out of bounds. The fun of that catch was taking away with the notion the team could challenge. Forget that, the call was made, and we should have moved on. Actually no challenge was made and the Falcons did move on. The onus was taken off the official and moved onto the coach for not challenging. Where's the fun in that?

You're sick, son. Your idea of excitement and fun is perverted and anti-human. Back away from the keyboard and seek psychiatric help asap.

I'm not fairness of the game should be in question when dealing with NFL refs. The audit process and the possibility of job loss is there to keep refs in line. However I do believe NFL officials are the best in sports. I get what you are saying regarding replay and the game being decided by players. The fact that Refs are actually part of the game gets lost. If a bad call his made or a fumble is given to the wrong team, those are all elements of the human unpredictability during the course of a game. Will it suck if your team gets robbed on bad call, oh heck yeah it will. I can't see how that element does not get fans more involved than that of instant replay.

MLB has the best officials in sports. NFL refs seemingly get worse by the year.

MLB has the best officials in sports. NFL refs seemingly get worse by the year.

The calls in baseball are harder to mess up. There are fewer moving pieces. But I can't stand it when the strike zone changes, sometimes within a few innings. I think NBA refs are the worse, especially when a touch foul is called from a ref standing above the top of the key and there's another one with a better view five feet away from the action.

The calls in baseball are harder to mess up. There are fewer moving pieces. But I can't stand it when the strike zone changes, sometimes within a few innings. I think NBA refs are the worse, especially when a touch foul is called from a ref standing above the top of the key and there's another one with a better view five feet away from the action.

agreed on NBA refs. most umps are consistent with their strike zones.