Your Top 4

Warningx13

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda surprised that TCU fell out. Hard to argue with this field of 4, but it is a bit stupid to have TCU ranked ahead of Ohio State all this time and now all of a sudden they switch. Has to be about the money and fact that OSU has the biggest fanbase in the land. If TCU was gonna be dropped for anyone it should have been Baylor.

I do like this statement to the Big 12, although setting the tone that conference champs take priority irks me because we'll inevitably end up with a team like Bama in 2011 or UGA in 2007 that didn't play for the conference title but deserves a shot. Get a championship game Big 12. Four worthy conference champs are in the playoff.

This is why we need a field of eight.

Posted · Hidden by SacFalcFan, December 7, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by SacFalcFan, December 7, 2014 - No reason given

Sac I like you and all but at least 1 representative from the BIG12 should've been in. I mean the BIG12 makes it where no one hides from anybody... Every team in that conference plays each other, so I personally think they should've allowed TCU or Baylor to be in the final 4. I mean no offense but UGA hides from Bama and LSU yearly this doesn't happen in the Big12...

In the first ever NCAA basketball tournament, Oregon beat Ohio State for the championship. Would be very interesting if the same thing happened in the first ever NCAA football tournament...

that would be interested.. any of the final 4 teams can win it imo.. all of them have issues that can be exploited. should be a fun playoff.

georgia tech wouldn't go in over a 2 loss mississippi state team.

My top 4 would be different than the committee, but i will use their top 4..

1. Alabama vs 8. Michigan State

2. Oregon vs 7. Mississippi State

3. Florida State vs 6. Baylor

4. Ohio State vs 5. TCU

they would not want a 1st round rematch with bama so oregon gets msu and alabama gets michigan state.

I think Ohio State may actually beat Alabama. Saban and Smart crap the bed when it comes to spread offenses with great athletes. Meyer certainly already proved he could beat Saban. Alabama can lean on them and wear em down though... and if they do have a good game plan for OSU's offense, forget it.

Oregon FSU will be interesting. FSU has been playing down to teams all season, so I'm not sure what to expect with a few weeks to get ready for Oregon. They have the d line and LB talent to hang with Oregon's offense, but will they be in it from start to finish is the question. Oregon isn't a team you wanna give up a lead to early.

Prediction: Alabama vs Oregon... and that will be an interesting matchup.

I think Ohio State may actually beat Alabama. Saban and Smart crap the bed when it comes to spread offenses with great athletes. Meyer certainly already proved he could beat Saban. Alabama can lean on them and wear em down though... and if they do have a good game plan for OSU's offense, forget it.

Oregon FSU will be interesting. FSU has been playing down to teams all season, so I'm not sure what to expect with a few weeks to get ready for Oregon. They have the d line and LB talent to hang with Oregon's offense, but will they be in it from start to finish is the question. Oregon isn't a team you wanna give up a lead to early.

Prediction: Alabama vs Oregon... and that will be an interesting matchup.

Royce Freeman will be the x factor. Running east and west against FSU isn't smart as their defense is fast. But running up the gut gives them problems. Add to the fact Mariota can flat out sling it. Tough matchup for FSU defense. They better come out quick like they did last night. Come out flat and the score could be 30-7 before they know it

Royce Freeman will be the x factor. Running east and west against FSU isn't smart as their defense is fast. But running up the gut gives them problems. Add to the fact Mariota can flat out sling it. Tough matchup for FSU defense. They better come out quick like they did last night. Come out flat and the score could be 30-7 before they know it

Mariota is just freaking amazing.. his td to int ratio is unreal.. if he continues i have oregon winning it all.

first off i wanted to see baylor or tcu in that final 4.. they would have given every defense in that final 4 fits especially baylor would. however i am happy in a way the big 12 was left out. it serves them right. first off baylor put on the big boy pants. schedule better out of conference teams.. art you should be embarrassed who you played out of conference. tcu at least you played a decent minnesota. second the big 12 decided to get rid of the title game so some of their teams have 2 to 3 bye weeks yearly now so they can play a game on title weekend. big 12 put on the big boy pants as well add what you need to and get a title game back.. the reason they don't want a title game is because of the number of times their highest ranked team has lost. well it bit them in the tails today.. also the big 12 commissioner you are piece of crap. you said in july that you would name a title winner based on tie breakers, but then you decide BECAUSE tcu is ranked higher than baylor that you would name co-champions this time.. well art briles told you to kiss his butt basically by doing that. that pathetic leadership and no title game along with all those bye weeks makes me happy in the end their best teams are sitting at home watching the playoff games..

My understanding was that you need a certain number of teams (12) to have a title game. Has that rule changed?

My problem with it is TCU has been ranked higher than Ohio State and Baylor since the committee made their first rankings. There was no "preseason" benefit of thinking Ohio State is better to begin with. They just straight up made a mockery of themselves by dropping a team out of the playoff and behind 2 teams they've always been ranked over for no reason.

Not that Ohio State doesn't deserve it. It's just bs the way TCU was dropped.

FSU defense will get abused by Oregon

I am very shocked they didn't matchup Alabama against FSU. I thought they would put that matchup because of the tv ratings it would get. FSU is going to get run out of the building by Oregon so we won't get that Alabama vs. FSU matchup that a lot of people want to see. The other reason I'm surprised it didn't happen is because of having FSU travel to California is tough. Not to mention the tradition is Pac-12 vs. Big Ten in the Rose Bowl so they could have kept that matchup by putting Oregon vs. Ohio State.

Lol, yall are hilarious. FSU is 28-0 for a reason. It's because they don't get "abused" or "run out of the building" by anyone. Oregon has never been able to hang with the elite programs when the bright lights come on. FSU is going to win. By far the toughest team Oregon has played and last I checked they aren't undefeated this year.

Lol, yall are hilarious. FSU is 28-0 for a reason. It's because they don't get "abused" or "run out of the building" by anyone. Oregon has never been able to hang with the elite programs when the bright lights come on. FSU is going to win. By far the toughest team Oregon has played and last I checked they aren't undefeated this year.

I don't know about that, the ACC is not as tough as the Pac 12. FSU hasn't faced anyone as good as Oregon and they've played from behind all season. Oregon is no slouch dude... I tried to tell all the SEC homers I could that they would hang tough with Auburn and they did. FSU does not outmatch them in any way.

That argument doesn't work this year. Last year FSU just dominated everyone and was right deserving of lofty praise. That hasn't been the case this season. They showed the numbers during the GT game. FSU and GT had 4 common opponents this season and in those games GT's average margin of victory was twice as much as FSU's. FSU has had to come from behind far too many times this season. They just simply aren't that good this season. They're schedule is anything but impressive.

Oklahoma State (6-6) - W 37-31

The Citadel - W 37-12

Clemson (9-3) - W 23-17 (Won in OT after Dabo Swinney's dumb decision to go for it on 4th down)

NC State (7-5) - W 56-41 (Had to comeback from being down 24-7 and 38-28)

Wake Forest (3-9) - W 41-3

Syracuse (3-9) - W 38-20

Notre Dame (7-5) - W 31-27

Louisville (9-3) - W 42-31 (Had to comeback from being down 21-0 in the 1st quarter)

Virginia (5-7) - W 34-20

Miami (6-6) - W 30-26 (Had to comeback from being down 16-0)

Boston College (7-5) - W 20-17 (Won on a FG on the last play of the game.)

Florida (6-5) - W 24-19 (Jameis threw 4 interceptions but Florida had to kick 4 FG's instead of getting TD's because they've got such a sorry offense.)

Georgia Tech (10-3) - W 37-35

Those games I pointed out are there for a reason. Oregon has by far the best offense they have played so far this season and if they get down early like they did in those games I pointed out they're not coming back.