Your Top 4

Warningx13

Entering championship Saturday a lot is at stake for a lot of teams and I would like to see some opinions on how you expect things to shake out and rank your 4 teams.

1. Oregon Ducks- They have avenged their 1 loss with emphasis against Arizona tonight. Their offensive line was hurting in a bad way for the first match up and after tonight they are the closest thing to an undefeated team outside of FSU.

2. TCU Horned Frogs- There is a reason why TCU has been ahead of Baylor the entire time having lost to them. They are the better team and should have won the game on the road. Up 21 in the 4th its obvious to me that they let off the gas allowing Baylor's high powered offense to come back at home. Not to mention some home cooking down the stretch not calling PI one way and calling it the other on almost the exact same type of contact making TCU the second closest thing to an unbeaten team.

3. Alabama Crimson Tide- Alabama and the entire SEC have been receiving credit all season for things accomplished over the last decade. Having watched a large portion of SEC matchups I firmly believe the SEC this year is way down when compared to other seasons. This is in my opinion the worst Bama team in the Saban era other then year one. This team being comparable to the 2010 Alabama team. A team with 3 losses. The reason they have only lost once is due to a weaker conference this season. I dare say over half of the teams in the SEC have had better teams over the last 8 seasons some of which didn't win their division.

4. Baylor Bears- With Bryce Petty being cleared to play tonight Kansas State doesn't have much of a chance. Baylor will break 50 points and win by 20-30. With an FSU loss the entire TCU or Baylor debate would be irrelevant.

I give FSU a chance at defeating GT but with only 1 week to prepare for the triple option and the way they tend to start slow I don't see them moving to 29 straight.

Ohio State somehow manages to sneak their way into the championship discussion year in and year out in spite of the fact that they annually prove they aren't worthy of being in the game(s). They are now on their 3rd string QB making his first start in the Big 10 championship game. Melvin Gordon solos the Buckeyes.

Oregon VS Baylor would seem to be a very fun ball game but after watching Oregon dominate the one team they lost to I think they would pull away in the 2nd half. 52-35.

Alabama VS TCU is another nice matchup. I think it comes down to the fact that Alabama won't be at home and Boykin is the better more experienced QB 45-41 TCU.

Oregon VS TCU will be a showdown between the two best teams in the country. One would think the score may be 79-77 and usually it will go the opposite direction in those cases. I don't see a low scoring affair as much as a nice normal point total. 34-24 Oregon.

Edited by Warningx13

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine with Ohio State at #4. Maybe that will force the Big 12 to get a championship game cause ain't nobody got time for Co-Champs!!

That's my biggest factor with being totally fine with Ohio St over TCU and Baylor as well. Don't reward the conference w/o a championship game over one that does.

I hope we expand to 8 in the very near future. This who is in who is out stuff is just madness. And they to knew it would be.

5 spots for conference champs.

3 at large.

All this "which one loss team" stuff isn't helping the whole reason we got the playoff. To create a clear winner.

I hope we expand to 8 in the very near future. This who is in who is out stuff is just madness. And they to knew it would be.

5 spots for conference champs.

3 at large.

All this "which one loss team" stuff isn't helping the whole reason we got the playoff. To create a clear winner.

We'll get to 8 eventually. I'm disappointed it didn't start at 8 but it had to start somewhere so I've accepted the 4.

We'll get to 8 eventually. I'm disappointed it didn't start at 8 but it had to start somewhere so I've accepted the 4.

i am disappointed as well, but i guess it takes baby steps to make logical decisions on this stuff. 8 teams it what it should be at.. wish we had that now i want to see both tcu and ohio state and baylor in the 8..