Please Post Mock Draft Topics In The Right Area

Guest fibonacci

Guest fibonacci

The season is not even over. Not even close to being over. And yet people are making mocks?

When i see a mock, I don't see it as just a person tanking. I see it as the OP has gave up.

Anyhow, can mods maybe pin this. And give warnings to people who violate with posting in the wrong areas.

- once it's the off season, i don't care (unless a person makes one every dang week).

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The offseason is something to talk about between games, i don't mind it around here. I realize there's a section for it but honestly how many people really go to that forum? I don't see it as giving up, just looking forward while we're waiting for the next game to come around for us to talk about. Lets those of us that don't watch college ball get names to look up.

I agree, **** mock drafts and **** mock drafters. We are in the middle of the season and are still up for a playoff spot. There's no reason at all to be looking ahead to the draft or FA. If you want to fantasize about being a GM that bad, buy Madden and just simulate all your seasons except for the draft and free agency parts.

Guest fibonacci

The offseason is something to talk about between games, i don't mind it around here. I realize there's a section for it but honestly how many people really go to that forum? I don't see it as giving up, just looking forward while we're waiting for the next game to come around for us to talk about. Lets those of us that don't watch college ball get names to look up.

has it ever crossed your mind that the reason that section doesn't get a lot of activity is simply because it's stupid?

And don't give me the in between games crap. Because we should honestly be talking about playoffs more so then mock drafting.

So in my nicest way possible.......... please post in the operate section. I understand people like attention. But there is zero need for it right now in the pre, regular and post season.

The season is not even over. Not even close to being over. And yet people are making mocks?

When i see a mock, I don't see it as just a person tanking. I see it as the OP has gave up.

Anyhow, can mods maybe pin this. And give warnings to people who violate with posting in the wrong areas.

- once it's the off season, i don't care (unless a person makes one every dang week).

Depends on how the mock is done. You can tell by the tone if the OP has given up or if they are just assessing what seems to be our needs at the present time along with projecting where the college players are going. I love doing mid-season mocks and then seeing how they change by the end of the year (before bowls & all star games). The college season is basically over so it's a good time to start working on mocks because the players are not going to move much between now and the combine (and actually, JMO, it's a better barometer of how the player will be in the NFL now that it is after watching them in the combine & pro days).

That said, I have not posted a mock in this forum in probably 6 years, but I still disagree vehemently that a Falcons only mock does not belong in TATF since the person doing the mocking is in fact Talking About The Falcons.

I disagree that mocks mean the OP has given up. I think about mocks the day after the draft all the way to the next draft. Mocks in preseason, week 1, week 10. Doesn't matter. But I do agree that they need to be posted in the correct forum. Defeats the purpose of that place.

Mock drafts are like playing pretend. You might as well be having a tea party with your fairy princess friends.

It reminds me of when some one desperately needs to tell to about the dream they had last night and waist 15 minutes of my life telling me about the most bizarre **** that will never happen

Mock drafts are like playing pretend. You might as well be having a tea party with your fairy princess friends.

It reminds me of when some one desperately needs to tell to about the dream they had last night and waist 15 minutes of my life telling me about the most bizarre **** that will never happen

Everything about this place is pretend lol. Or do you think our opinions actually have baring on the team?

Discussing football games isn't pretend. The games actually happened.

The draft also happens mate.

has it ever crossed your mind that the reason that section doesn't get a lot of activity is simply because it's stupid?

And don't give me the in between games crap. Because we should honestly be talking about playoffs more so then mock drafting.

So in my nicest way possible.......... please post in the operate section. I understand people like attention. But there is zero need for it right now in the pre, regular and post season.

Fine, what do you want to talk about? How we'll never win in the playoffs even if we do get there? About how GB will pimp slap us monday and then again in the playoffs? Because i've had enough of those topics. If something new happens warranting discussion, sure, by all means i'm on top of it. Acting like there's some treasure trove of stuff to talk about right now that hasn't been gone over ad nauseam is simply not how things are.

It's not about attention, it's about discussing football and moreover, our team. I was under the impression that was the point around here.

For the record, i don't post mocks of any sort during the season, but i do enjoy discussion prospects with others and reading mock drafts/offseasons, and there will always be a huge amount of more people in this forum than the draft one so i don't see it changing. I'm sorry if that stuff bothers you, but I don't think it's that difficult to just not go into those topics. It's not like they're cluttering the forum to the point it's hard to find the other topics.

the draft actually happens too doesn't it? whats the difference between a mock draft and a mock game plan?

The draft also happens mate.

Lol, difference is there are games going on right now. We are still in the playoff hunt and the draft is months away. At this point, any mock offseasons are simply spam. It's not relevant to the season at hand.

Lol, difference is there are games going on right now. We are still in the playoff hunt and the draft is months away. At this point, any mock offseasons are simply spam. It's not relevant to the season at hand.

If you have some insight into a topic about the upcoming game, please do share it with us. Otherwise this place has died into the lull of relevant topics between games, as we've talked about everything possible having to do with the packers until gameday actually gets here. And if there's one or two topics floating about that entertain us during the time, what really is the problem with that?