Winning The Next Game.

Ironhead1956

We need to run effectively and stop the run.I think our D will do their part. The O on the other hand has to run and protect the ball. DO NOT GIVE UP ON THE RUN GAME!!!

Although someone else here suggested that we should let them run and do everything we can to slow down the passing game. I am not so sure that is wrong.

Guest King Jigsaw

That should have been the motto on offense the entire season but these morons feel that the way to win every game is through the air

Duh, we're 'explosive'.

Although someone else here suggested that we should let them run and do everything we can to slow down the passing game. I am not so sure that is wrong.

That is 100% wrong. If we let them run then they will wear the defense out and that also opens playaction. It would be dumb to LET them run. Actually kinda ********. They would use that against us the whole game. They'd keep running until we HAD to stop in THEN they'd yhrow over our heads. We have to try and make them one dimensional and that means stopping the run THEN you can tee off against the pass. Leaving them the option to run would hurt us.

That is 100% wrong. If we let them run then they will wear the defense out and that also opens playaction. It would be dumb to LET them run. Actually kinda ********. They would use that against us the whole game. They'd keep running until we HAD to stop in THEN they'd yhrow over our heads. We have to try and make them one dimensional and that means stopping the run THEN you can tee off against the pass. Leaving them the option to run would hurt us.

I suppose it depends on whether we can "stop" either one, and your perception of which is more dangerous: Eddie Lacy or Aaron Rodgers? On average, can they move down the field faster throwing, or running? Obviously rather than making a black/white decision on defense, we would like to inhabit the realm in between where we can respond effectively to anything they do. Has our defense demonstrated that it has a chance of doing that on Monday night?

I suppose it depends on whether we can "stop" either one, and your perception of which is more dangerous: Eddie Lacy or Aaron Rodgers? On average, can they move down the field faster throwing, or running? Obviously rather than making a black/white decision on defense, we would like to inhabit the realm in between where we can respond effectively to anything they do. Has our defense demonstrated that it has a chance of doing that on Monday night?

The games that we dominated or played well in the defense stopped the run. We stopped Detroits ground game and played good D. Same with Tampa, The cards and even NY. If we don't take the run away they beat us like a drum because we'll be on our heels. The defense has demonstrated the ability to play well when we're good against the run. The losses we had , not including the blown games(NY, Det and cle) we were run over. The wins and including the blown games we stopped the run effeciantly. It's the way nolans's defense is built. We're not the best defense that's for sure but if we can get a lead and stop a running attack the defense will at least give us a chance to win games. Unfortunately when they have in a few games smith and the offense let us down. Edited by TheFatboi

That should have been the motto on offense the entire season but these morons feel that the way to win every game is through the air

Predictable "EXPLOSIVE" through the AIR plays as the Powers that be or coaches said put the Falcons in the CORNER on winning so to speak to begin with.

They were a RUN FIRST team with a FULLBACK in Ovie M to start with. That was their bread and butter so to speak.

They can't run without a quality FB in my opinion. Screens are a No Go because they are just as predictable, so they are stuck where they are at. My suggestion for them would be to take someone, anyone who is a blocker and put them in from time to time as a FB to block for the run and go back to the RUN first philosophy.

A lot of people don't realize, the faults of Mike Smith have come because he manages the clock based on the team he took on that was a RUN FIRST TEAM.

Now the Falcons are trying to "BE MORE EXPLOSIVE", but the problem with that is they aren't built that way in my opinion.

I think they need a quality fullback rather than that switch the running back crap. Bottom line is regardless IN MY OPINION is whatever scheme the Falcons employ require an O-line that doesn't have to change every snap.

I think a team plays best when they play to their strengths rather than trying to conform and change and be something they are not, add to it, but don't change what's working.

Falcons need to start using a Fullback on running plays who can get the job done in my opinion.

Flame me all you want but that is the reason from what I see that Matt Ryan and the Falcons have been so predictable and sacked as of late. No reason for the defense to respect the Falcons when they are obviously going to pass or run without a Fullback. Keep a FB in the game ALWAYS, A CAPABLE ONE. Use Freeman if need be with a dual RB setup.

Just my opinion.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The games that we dominated or played well in the defense stopped the run. We stopped Detroits ground game and played good D. Same with Tampa, The cards and even NY. If we don't take the run away they beat us like a drum because we'll be on our heels. The defense has demonstrated the ability to play well when we're good against the run. The losses we had , not including the blown games(NY, Det and cle) we were run over. The wins and including the blown games we stopped the run effeciantly. It's the way nolans's defense is built. We're not the best defense that's for sure but if we can get a lead and stop a running attack the defense will at least give us a chance to win games. Unfortunately when they have in a few games smith and the offense let us down.

If any part lets us down Monday, we're done, that's for sure.