Need To Stunt Our Dts

freebird310

Aint worried about Lacy, worried about Rodgers....I would rather just sell out the run and rotate/play Peters Babs and Hag on all 2nd and 3rd downs and stunt the fk out of them....if we give up long sustained drives with Lacy tearing off 5 - 10 yard carries down the field while taking half a quarter off the clock I am fine with that ....don't give me this BS that Sol and Tjax are gonna crush the interior pocket ..........rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Aint worried about Lacy, worried about Rodgers....I would rather just sell out the run and rotate/play Peters Babs and Hag on all 2nd and 3rd downs and stunt the fk out of them....if we give up long sustained drives with Lacy tearing off 5 - 10 yard carries down the field while taking half a quarter off the clock I am fine with that ....don't give me this BS that Sol and Tjax are gonna crush the interior pocket ..........rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Selling out the run to stop the pass will not be good. Keep in mind if lacy is breaking 5-10 yard runs he's getting 1st downs and tiring the defense. Eventually he'll break some big chunk yards and by the second half the game will open up and the defense will be too tired to do anything. Also that will mean playaction will kill us. That's just a bad combination that will lead to disaster. Best way to beat them is to make them one dimensional still. Easier said than done buts it's better than opening playaction for big plays by letting Lacy run.

Selling out the run to stop the pass will not be good. Keep in mind if lacy is breaking 5-10 yard runs he's getting 1st downs and tiring the defense. Eventually he'll break some big chunk yards and by the second half the game will open up and the defense will be too tired to do anything. Also that will mean playaction will kill us. That's just a bad combination that will lead to disaster. Best way to beat them is to make them one dimensional still. Easier said than done buts it's better than opening playaction for big plays by letting Lacy run.

Well, it is a double edge sword and I'm not trying to go all ham here, but just trying to make a point. I see the best way to beat them to keep it a low scoring game and I hope we can actually hit them tit for tat in the run game.....we can move the ball on that D like they can on us if we are on our best game.....just keep it close at the half and then maybe throw caution to the wind 2nd half, but worst vision nightmare IMO is Rodgers continually hitting his receivers in stride in open space.....

Well, it is a double edge sword and I'm not trying to go all ham here, but just trying to make a point. I see the best way to beat them to keep it a low scoring game and I hope we can actually hit them tit for tat in the run game.....we can move the ball on that D like they can on us if we are on our best game.....just keep it close at the half and then maybe throw caution to the wind 2nd half, but worst vision nightmare IMO is Rodgers continually hitting his receivers in stride in open space.....

You got a good point there. Keep the game low scoring. They will eventually have bad runs and can be stopped. Let our secondary live. They are the best part of our defense. Our offense can't keep up with theirs. 0 int lets us know mistakes will not be made on their part.

I can see the concept but the way to keep it close is to stop the run and run the ball. It'll be a cold weather game so the running game will be very important. If their run game gets going Aaron will eat us up. Best defense against a team like that is keeping them off the field and the best way for that is us commit to running the ball no matter what. We have to open playaction with efficient running. I understand exactly what you want in keeping the game close. Stop the run and keep them in 3rd and longs and hit him. Don't have to sack him a lot but hit him the way we did Stanton. I predict he will throw a pick Monday night. First at home in a long time.

I can see the concept but the way to keep it close is to stop the run and run the ball. It'll be a cold weather game so the running game will be very important. If their run game gets going Aaron will eat us up. Best defense against a team like that is keeping them off the field and the best way for that is us commit to running the ball no matter what. We have to open playaction with efficient running. I understand exactly what you want in keeping the game close. Stop the run and keep them in 3rd and longs and hit him. Don't have to sack him a lot but hit him the way we did Stanton. I predict he will throw a pick Monday night. First at home in a long time.

I like this plan. Get the running game going early and keep it going the whole game. Take last week as motivation and go with it. We beat a very good defense and we ran the ball well and used our different running backs appropriately. I hope to see more of that.

I like this plan. Get the running game going early and keep it going the whole game. Take last week as motivation and go with it. We beat a very good defense and we ran the ball well and used our different running backs appropriately. I hope to see more of that.

Exactly bro. I've been begging for Koetter to give the running game 30-35 carries and finally we had about 33 or something like that. We keep that game plan moving foward we can play with anybody.

Fk man, might be an old fashioned wild west showdown for all we know LOL, I would take a repeat of the Dever/Dallas shootout of 2013 as long as we come out on top .... laugh.png

Fk man, might be an old fashioned wild west showdown for all we know LOL, I would take a repeat of the Dever/Dallas shootout of 2013 as long as we come out on top .... laugh.png

I don't mind a shoutout as well as long as we come out on top too. Lol. I could see it going that way if they jump out on us and if Shields is out of expect Matt to pick on whoever replaces him. Especially if he's on Julio.

I don't mind a shoutout as well as long as we come out on top too. Lol. I could see it going that way if they jump out on us and if Shields is out of expect Matt to pick on whoever replaces him. Especially if he's on Julio.

Just hope we get an exciting competitive game brudder, I think it will come down to the 4th quarter and that is all we can really ask for...don't see no blowouts here, I think Birds will at least show pride and fight.......

Just hope we get an exciting competitive game brudder, I think it will come down to the 4th quarter and that is all we can really ask for...don't see no blowouts here, I think Birds will at least show pride and fight.......

If we can play 4 qtrs of football I can be happy with that if we fall short. It's the missing qtrs that get to me. Usually the 3rd. Play 4 hard qtrs and the game will be competitive.

You put it best: "Take last week as motivation and go with it." Well stated, and my wishes too.