As It Stands Today...

FenixFalcon

Looking at the current playoff picture I'm seeing a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. This game against GB says it all for us. If we stay hot and Smitty doesn't screw us, there is another possibility of reaching the Bowl...basically we get a rematch of the hawks game in the Dome during the wildcard round right now, winnable by all means if Marshawn doesnt break 100. Sherman isn't looking as good as he was in '12, in fact none of their secondary is. Browner is still a better CB than Maxwell, and their pass rush has been halfassed all year. We tore them up in '12 with their awesome defense playing hot coming in, then slowed in the second half. If we can keep this foot on the gas mentality, there's no way Russ keeps up with Matt. So at the Dome this is a winnable game. Then...you got Eagles vs. Lions, likely a win for the eagles since the lions have a tendancy to fail at the wost times. If eagles win we play the Packers and if the Lions win we play the Cards. I honestly don't see us beating GB twice at lambeau but if we beat them once we can do it again. Which is why EVERYTHING comes down to the Packer game next monday. Even if they win, if we can keep it close that will tell us if we stand a chance against them in the post season, one way or another were probably going to play them in the post season regardless of who plays who. The colts would be the only team in the wildcard race that could make a run at the super bowl for the AFC. No one else is going to beat the Broncos or Pats. Dolphins, Bengals and Chargers are all teams that fall flat come post season so I wouldn't count on them making a run like Baltimore did in '12. Manning hasn't looked great all season minus a couple games, certainly not his best football. A game against him is winnable, especially since Nolan and Moore seem to have his number. Brady has played great almost all season long and while I'm no fan of being the team that gives him his fourth ring he's our biggest Superbowl obstacle. We overcome green bay and green bay beat New England, this can be done. We have a nasty habit of dominating opponents in the first half, then sucking the rest of the game. If Smitty can keep from fudging this for us and we play like we did vs the cards I'm confident we have the talent to keep pace with their hurry up offense, even though TEs (Gronk especially) gives us fits. Brandon Lafell and their no name running backs are something we can handle since Trufant has nearly reached shutdown potential and Hageman and Peters did a fantastic job stuffing the run, plus Worrilow seemed to see everything presnap last week. Let's hope we keep playing like we did last week, 29 pts a game and our D playing as well as they did last week can get us a Superbowl win. If Matty Ice can come back and be clutch again we got a shot. Not a great one, but if there's any year to make a run, thos is the time to do it. This is the weakest set of playoff teams I've seen in over a decade, minus the Pack, Pats and Broncos. I know a lot of you guys out there feel we have no shot, I can't help but feel somewhat optimistic about our odds, the guys just have to want it bad. We haven't gelled like this on offense (even though our redzone O wasnt great last week Bryants clutch field goals racked us up 17 pts alone) and defense in forever and it feels good. Let the hate begin. Falcon fan for life, so you guys can't do any worse then what the Packer fans here in WI do to me.

Looking at the current playoff picture I'm seeing a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. This game against GB says it all for us. If we stay hot and Smitty doesn't screw us, there is another possibility of reaching the Bowl...basically we get a rematch of the hawks game in the Dome during the wildcard round right now, winnable by all means if Marshawn doesnt break 100. Sherman isn't looking as good as he was in '12, in fact none of their secondary is. Browner is still a better CB than Maxwell, and their pass rush has been halfassed all year. We tore them up in '12 with their awesome defense playing hot coming in, then slowed in the second half. If we can keep this foot on the gas mentality, there's no way Russ keeps up with Matt. So at the Dome this is a winnable game. Then...you got Eagles vs. Lions, likely a win for the eagles since the lions have a tendancy to fail at the wost times. If eagles win we play the Packers and if the Lions win we play the Cards. I honestly don't see us beating GB twice at lambeau but if we beat them once we can do it again. Which is why EVERYTHING comes down to the Packer game next monday. Even if they win, if we can keep it close that will tell us if we stand a chance against them in the post season, one way or another were probably going to play them in the post season regardless of who plays who. The colts would be the only team in the wildcard race that could make a run at the super bowl for the AFC. No one else is going to beat the Broncos or Pats. Dolphins, Bengals and Chargers are all teams that fall flat come post season so I wouldn't count on them making a run like Baltimore did in '12. Manning hasn't looked great all season minus a couple games, certainly not his best football. A game against him is winnable, especially since Nolan and Moore seem to have his number. Brady has played great almost all season long and while I'm no fan of being the team that gives him his fourth ring he's our biggest Superbowl obstacle. We overcome green bay and green bay beat New England, this can be done. We have a nasty habit of dominating opponents in the first half, then sucking the rest of the game. If Smitty can keep from fudging this for us and we play like we did vs the cards I'm confident we have the talent to keep pace with their hurry up offense, even though TEs (Gronk especially) gives us fits. Brandon Lafell and their no name running backs are something we can handle since Trufant has nearly reached shutdown potential and Hageman and Peters did a fantastic job stuffing the run, plus Worrilow seemed to see everything presnap last week. Let's hope we keep playing like we did last week, 29 pts a game and our D playing as well as they did last week can get us a Superbowl win. If Matty Ice can come back and be clutch again we got a shot. Not a great one, but if there's any year to make a run, thos is the time to do it. This is the weakest set of playoff teams I've seen in over a decade, minus the Pack, Pats and Broncos. I know a lot of you guys out there feel we have no shot, I can't help but feel somewhat optimistic about our odds, the guys just have to want it bad. We haven't gelled like this on offense (even though our redzone O wasnt great last week Bryants clutch field goals racked us up 17 pts alone) and defense in forever and it feels good. Let the hate begin. Falcon fan for life, so you guys can't do any worse then what the Packer fans here in WI do to me.

To be honest, I didn't read all of this, dude ---- you don't have to write a book to get your point across --- condense, condense, CONDENSE!!! Thank you, and GO, FALCONS!

This is probably the least important game of all 4 that are left on our schedule. We have to beat New Orleans in New Orleans in order to make the playoffs. If we do that, we will have a better division record, which will be the first tie breaker. That also gives New Orleans at least 1 more loss, which means we could lose to Green Bay and have absolutely NO impact what so ever to our ability winning the NFC South. Our other 2 games are vs Pitt and Carolina, both of which are at home. It is far more critical for us to win our home games and @NO than this GB game.

That being said, I'd still like to see us win. I'm just not joining the doom and gloom bandwagon where this week is all or nothing. This week is the least significant of our 4 remaining games.

This is probably the least important game of all 4 that are left on our schedule.

Completely agree...but just because it is the hardest to win and I don't think the Falcons have a realistic chance.

The Falcons clinch this thing by beating the Saints and winning any two of the other three...it is just that nobody really thinks we have a chance to win this one.

This is probably the least important game of all 4 that are left on our schedule.

Completely agree...but just because it is the hardest to win and I don't think the Falcons have a realistic chance.

The Falcons clinch this thing by beating the Saints and winning any two of the other three...it is just that nobody really thinks we have a chance to win this one.

I agree

But if the Falcons want to build off of some real momentum and confidence to potentially pave the rest of the season and go into the playoffs with, then this is a must win.

An upset win like this game could make a team like the Falcons not feel like a sacrificial lamb if they were to make the post season and could potentially become dangerous.

I'm not saying that would be this year's Falcons team, but I'm sure you get my point.

I agree

But if the Falcons want to build off of some real momentum and confidence to potentially pave the rest of the season and go into the playoffs with, then this is a must win.

An upset win like this game could make a team like the Falcons not feel like a sacrificial lamb if they were to make the post season and could potentially become dangerous.

I'm not saying that would be this year's Falcons team, but I'm sure you get my point.

I was just about to say this. I think this game, and the New Orleans game are the two most important games left on the schedule. Sure, we could lose to Green Bay, but a win would actually give hope to a real playoff run and not just be winners of a poor division. These are the types of teams we are going to face in the playoffs, so this game becomes that more important because of that.