Move Hd To #2 And Let Roddy Run All Of Tony G's Routes From The Last Few Years

ol'_dirty2

Sounds good to me! Roddy's lost a step, and will probably still be a little "gimpy", for a while.
If they would do what you're saying, White wouldn't have to run as much, and could still make the necessary catches. And if he's up to it, you could get him the long ball, occasionally, just to confuse the defense.
Now, don't get me wrong, Roddy White is still a he!! of a player, and better than many # ones! So I can definitely see him stepping into a role similar to TG, and doing very well!!! Or, if nothing else, let him and Harry reverse rolls ---

Edited by FalconJim

Roddy would probably do well on the inside, HD would do much worse on the outside though. HD's good but only if he can catch it in space, he doesn't make contested catches very often, which you need to be able to do as an outside receiver.

Still, moving Roddy around like the Cards do Fitz would be a good idea i think.

The idea certainly is appealing, but I wonder if we have the time to make a change like this late in the season. Furthermore, that play would require "thinking outside the box" which is not exactly our current coaching staffs forte.

Let's not forget that Nolan dropped Worrilow back at safety.

I wonder if Roddy wants to be playing the slot. I remember a view years ago there was a segment with Julio and Roddy on the best wide receiving duo in the league. They brought up Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz (lol looking back at it now). Roddy mentioned that there wasn't a contest because real receivers don't play the slot, referring to Victor.

Correction: He said that "big boys" play on the outside. I think it may be a pride thing more than anything else.

Edited by Mattyice3

I wonder if Roddy wants to be playing the slot. I remember a view years ago there was a segment with Julio and Roddy on the best wide receiving duo in the league. They brought up Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz (lol looking back at it now). Roddy mentioned that there wasn't a contest because real receivers don't play the slot, referring to Victor.

Correction: He said that "big boys" play on the outside. I think it may be a pride thing more than anything else.

He said that at the time, but Roddy will do whatever the team asks him to do to win.

The idea certainly is appealing, but I wonder if we have the time to make a change like this late in the season. Furthermore, that play would require "thinking outside the box" which is not exactly our current coaching staffs forte.

Our coaching staff can barely think inside their own brains... we dont want to get boxes involved here

Roddy is faster than Tony and is a favorable matchup with safeties and LB's. Harry is quicker than Roddy and can produce as the #2 WR. I'm speaking of the formations where Tony was split out not with a hand in the dirt. Thoughts?

I expected to see more of that, but HD and RW have been hurt...we need to see some movement of receivers going forward.

19 - Drew Davis ---- I'd like to see him get some touches, now that he's healthy.

Add him in the mix with HD, Julio and Roddy, and we would have a sweet receiving corps ---

I know he's mostly a special teams player, but he DID get a receiving touchdown in 2012, and 2
in 2013, so he's proved he can get open and actually catch the ball when thrown to him ---

Edited by FalconJim

I think moving Roddy inside is the move going forward for sure...his wrestling background helps him get space at the line of scrimmage by redirecting the defenders momentum...that being said I don't think you make that move this season...he has another full year on the outside in my opinion...also HD is not a great downfield or contested ball receiver so until we draft someone else with the right speed/size combo to play outside (not this offseason because of other much more glaring needs)

Roddy will stay there.

Roddy is faster than Tony and is a favorable matchup with safeties and LB's. Harry is quicker than Roddy and can produce as the #2 WR. I'm speaking of the formations where Tony was split out not with a hand in the dirt. Thoughts?

I agree at this point.

Julio as our #1 is unstoppable, move HD to the outside and let Roddy eat LBers alive in the middle. At this point in his career he would be more productive there.

I agree at this point.

Julio as our #1 is unstoppable, move HD to the outside and let Roddy eat LBers alive in the middle. At this point in his career he would be more productive there.

I really want this to happen, if it not sefl-evident to the coaches. Several of you have posted this, and I absolutely agree.

Yeah. That makes way too much sense, plus it would require the coaching staff to do something not only different, but creative. Not gonna happen.