What It Will Take To Beat The Packers

whitekb011

Special Teams: We will need to win the field position battle and in a perfect world, a Special Teams TD.

Defense: We have to make them earn every yard. Limit YAC. We need to collapse the pocket and limit Rogers escape lanes. We need to stop the Run. We need to finish +2 in turnover differential. We need to limit GB red zone trips to FGs. We need to be very selective when we blitz, i would not send more than 4 rushers at a time against Rogers, he destroys the blitz.

Offense: We can run on these guys, we have to keep pounding the rock. I believe we have to run an uptempo offense to Defense substitutions, but take time off the clock. We have to score on just about all possessions. When we get in the Red zone, we have to score TD's and not FG's.

Our DT's need to push the pocket into ARod's face and we need a few blitzes from Paul/Bartu/Shembo. You can't shut the guy down all game but, you can make it harder for him and send him 3 and out. Now, can we do it?....Let's hope our Golden Gopher isn't as affected by the cold as the others and goes off.

I see Tru getting beat maybe once, but poor Mac is gonna be running all over the field by the end of the day. He wont be able to walk for three days. Poor guy.

Anyone hear if Alford is supposed to suit up for this one? At least he can stay with someone.

Edited by birdsnflight

A miracle is what it will take!!! The way Rodgers "gashed" the Patriots, it could get ugly, early!!!

The only things I can think of that will help us is, for us to get reasonable pressure on the QB, and at least get some hits & hurries on him, if not a sack or two ---- also, we'd need to give Ryan enough time to deliver the ball. And, of course, if we can run the ball like we did against the Cards, that would definitely be a plus, as well, and take some of the pressure off of Matty Ice ---

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!!!!!!!

Aight give me a ticket right now to talk to the packer cheerleader's and I will have this info by...hmmmmmmmm..kinda old....hmmmm....still handsome.....hmmmmm.....where is she gunna be on sat with my son....hmmmmmm....might get to loaded and think I'm young again.....hmmmmmm......I have to promise to marry one of them.......hmmmmmm.....Tuesday morning????

Gonna take a strong run game. Keep Rodgers off the field and if we are successful in doing that, it will be hard to get in rythm in the cold if we control the clock very well on our first 2 drives.

Rodgers will get hot, but hopefully it will be late in the game and we have some cushion to play with.

Special Teams: We will need to win the field position battle and in a perfect world, a Special Teams TD.

Defense: We have to make them earn every yard. Limit YAC. We need to collapse the pocket and limit Rogers escape lanes. We need to stop the Run. We need to finish +2 in turnover differential. We need to limit GB red zone trips to FGs. We need to be very selective when we blitz, i would not send more than 4 rushers at a time against Rogers, he destroys the blitz.

Offense: We can run on these guys, we have to keep pounding the rock. I believe we have to run an uptempo offense to Defense substitutions, but take time off the clock. We have to score on just about all possessions. When we get in the Red zone, we have to score TD's and not FG's.

With all that said, the Falcons are dead last in pass defense and that's bad. The Falcons have played 5 teams with a winning record and are 1-4, just winning last week at home to Arizona who has no quarterback. The only chance the Falcons have at winning is if Rogers gets injured or they gamble and blitz early and often to create turnovers and hope for the best. It's possible, but unlikely. If they don't try it and try playing straight up it won't be enough.

The most important thing right now is good weather - no snow and mild wind - if either of those do not exist, we have to become a major running team which we are not. We cannot even count on Matt Bryant in bad weather.

I am monitoring the forecasts and it looks pretty good so far with low temperatures (not a real problem) and only 10-20% chance of precipitation.