My Favorite Julio Play Against The Cards

Clark Kent™

Was when Ryan threw that rookie-like pick 6 to Rashad Johnson and Julio ran Johnson down 100 yds to make the tackle.

You just don't see marquee players making hustle plays like that often. MAJOR props to Julio for doing that. That shows a strong desire to win, and thats the type of mindset all our players have to have to make it to the playoffs down the stretch.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was when Ryan threw that rookie-like pick 6 to Rashad Johnson and Julio ran Johnson down 100 yds to make the tackle.

You just don't see marquee players making hustle plays like that often. MAJOR props to Julio for doing that. That shows a strong desire to win, and thats the type of mindset all our players have to have to make it to the playoffs down the stretch.

Roddy White 2010 49ers

Thats the type of plays we need our younger players and basically everyone to see. Dude ran down a DB 100 yds down field in a regular season game on a 3-7 team. Respect.

Yet half this board will tell you that he doesn't give enough effort and needs to "learn how to play harder".

Not every player hustles like that, not even some of the good/great players.

I doubt Randy Moss would've done that.

i dont care what other players are doing. if im the coach and my guy just walks off the field after an INT, hes on the bench for the next series. hustling like that should be expected.

and randy moss is randy moss. probably the greatest WR of all time. nobody ever threw interceptions when he was on the field because randy caught everything. lol

i dont care what other players are doing. if im the coach and my guy just walks off the field after an INT, hes on the bench for the next series. hustling like that should be expected.

and randy moss is randy moss. probably the greatest WR of all time. nobody ever threw interceptions when he was on the field because randy caught everything. lol

Nah, I'm pretty sure that Dante Culpepper still found ways to throw ints lol

sorry, but i cant be impressed by someone doing what they are supposed to do. something like "hustling" shouldnt be praised as exceptional. it should be expected.

Meh, i understand the thought process, but its not realistic. That play was more than just "hustling". Dude ran a dude down 100 yards. If you can't see how that was clearly more than just a typical hustle play then I don't know what else to tell you.

And if you don't think its a rare play then go ahead and name some others who have done it. In similar situation.

Only one who comes close is Larry Fitzgerald in the SB vs the Steelers, but that was a freaking SB game.

Meh, i understand the thought process, but its not realistic. That play was more than just "hustling". Dude ran a dude down 100 yards. If you can't see how that was clearly more than just a typical hustle play then I don't know what else to tell you.

And if you don't think its a rare play then go ahead and name some others who have done it. In similar situation.

Only one who comes close is Larry Fitzgerald in the SB vs the Steelers, but that was a freaking SB game.

i mean, you guys realize the guy still scored, right? were not even talking about a play where he hustled and made the TD saving tackle. we are talking about a play that he ran down the field and watched a guy score. im not saying its his fault that they scored, but are we really gonna sit here and praise a guy for running hard on a play where the other team scored a touchdown on us?

Not be negative but IMO he waited too late to run hard, I felt he had a chance to get the guy earlier when he was dancing around the sideline back to midfield and Julio looked like he was jogging still. He probably saves the TD if he turned on the jets earlier

Go back and watch the play he was through into a crowd of linemen. Dude had at least 25 yard head start and he got up on his horse and hawked em down. Straight dawg

My favorite Julio play was a screen play an he was screwed.... He had 2 cardinals in front of him. (One was Peterson). An sure enough he stiff arms Peterson to the ground while outrunning the other to pick up 20+ an a 1st down!

that was more a beautiful timing by Ryan,and fake by Julio. As soon as Peterson looked at Ryan the ball got to Julio and by then an open arm tackle won't bring down Julio. Nice play still.just wish he didn't try and get fancy and just power through the second defender,the high step try and fake him out wasn't going to work ha.