Significance Of The Cardinals Game: Only Two Teams Have Put Up More Than 20 Points Against The Cardinals.

likeriver

As many have implied, it's not that impressive that we beat the Cardinals. Since they're without a good qb at the moment they're going to have a hard time winning their coming games simply because they can't put up points.

But that's not what matters. What impressed me is the promise we showed on the offense. It's been quite a while since we've 'gelled' to that degree. Sure, some might say we only put up 29 points, but that's just it. We put up 29 points against a defense that has held every team to 20 points save the Broncos. The fact that we went to work against one of the league's best defensive units shows just how good the offense can be when it's clicking.

If we can bring this into GB next game we may not win, but we can at least put on quite a show.

Edited by likeriver

As many have implied, it's not that impressive that we beat the Cardinals. Since they're without a good qb at the moment they're going to have a hard time winning their coming games simply because they can't put up points.

But that's not what matters. What impressed me is the promise we showed on the offense. It's been quite a while since we've 'gelled' to that degree. Sure, some might say we only put up 29 points, but that's just it. We put up 29 points against a defense that has held every team to 20 points save the Broncos. The fact that we went to work against one of the league's best defensive units shows just how good the offense can be when it's clicking.

If we can bring this into GB next game we may not win, but we can at least put on quite a show.

It's clicking sometimes, other times it's just sputtering and backfiring.

I'm wondering how Roddy still fits into this. He's had some clutch catches sure and in some ways he's taken on the third down roll in the absence of Tony yet two of of biggest offensive outputs this season were when he wasn't healthy enough to take the field.

THIS is why Julio can be so valuable. Period. There's only a handful of guys who could pull that off against Peterson. I personally wonder if that was Peterson's worst day as a pro too.

peterson played very sloppy technique all game.. bad hands, bad eyes, to high, almost like he was sleeping out there..

Either way im glad julio ate his azz up.

It's kind of like we surprise ourselves sometimes. We know we're capable of having a powerful offensive showing that's what were built around. The problem is consistency. I think our o line may be beginning to gel and get use to playing with each other and being starters. If we can put up points on GB's defense we can win this game, that's the ONLY way we win though.

I noticed a lot more catches on the run yesterday than I have most of the year. The route combinations and scheme seemed to work together quite well yesterday. Harry on that dig route should be a staple for us.

Didn't they say during the game that Julio said they dusted off some old routes from training for this game?

A couple if things. I think the offensive line was pretty **** good yesterday. Matt had a lot of time in the pocket. The play calling seemed WORLDS better. the run game worked better than usual(still needs work). Julio was out to prove the whole world wrong. I hope he keeps that up the rest of the year.

well, to be fair, backup QB, Backup RB, misc injuries to starters....so it's not as impressive as it originally sounds. Still a nice game though.

Stanton beat the 49ers, Giants, and Lions this year. His 3 losses were to Denver, Sea, and us. And their primary back has not been very good.

Didn't they say during the game that Julio said they dusted off some old routes from training for this game?

Julio was motivated by Peterson saying that hr got the better of Julio on college and wanted him one on one...Julio said he couldn't sleep all week waiting to go against Peterson. He needs external things to motivate him and that's the issue. Julio doesn't have that same fire and desire every week....nothing about routes, it's the same routes as all season...he and matt Ryan did some extra work this week, getting the timing down tho

Julio was motivated by Peterson saying that hr got the better of Julio on college and wanted him one on one...Julio said he couldn't sleep all week waiting to go against Peterson. He needs external things to motivate him and that's the issue. Julio doesn't have that same fire and desire every week....nothing about routes, it's the same routes as all season...he and matt Ryan did some extra work this week, getting the timing down tho

Lynch said that in an interview Julio said that dusted off some old routes from training camp.

Yea a lot of new stuff was used this week. That we haven't seen since possibly the saints game, when was the last time Harry was hit on a crossing route or a slant? Harry also topped 100 on Sunday and he wasn't running simple comeback and outs, our playbook finally was opened.hopefully it remains open.

Shuda had 40pts! !!

Or, MORE!!! If Hester had been given the TD, instead of a field goal, and the other one he dropped in the end zone, instead of a TD, that's eight more points right there, which would have made it 37-18. Then you add in the FGS instead of TDs and that's a LOT more points! We have GOT to score more TDs when we get in the Red Zone, that's all there is to it ---

But, I'll take a win, every day, regardless of whether it's 1 point or 40!!!

GO, DIRTY BIRDS!!!!!!!