Fsu Vs Gt: Acc Championship

Coach_Petrino

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing the math in my head. Tech actually should be sitting good to still get to the Orange. Don't know how they'd justify putting Clemson in over them.

I think so too. We are (10-3) and lost by 2 to a team that I'm pretty sure that is going to be selected for the playoff regardless of how close their games were.

Doing the math in my head. Tech actually should be sitting good to still get to the Orange. Don't know how they'd justify putting Clemson in over them.

yep it just depends on who the highest rated acc team is since fsu is going to be in the 4 game playoff.. it looks like it's going to be michigan state/georgia tech unless another acc team is ahead of tech.

It's so crazy to know that FSU would definitely be playing for a national title against Alabama this time if it were the BCS.

What's weirder is everyone who isn't an FSU fan knows they'd lose to anyone else in the playoff discussion. Alabama, Oregon, TCU, Baylor, Ohio State... pretty sure every single one would beat FSU.

You have a point, but lets be honest. Would you prefer something like the Orange Bowl, or the Russel Athletic Bowl if you are UGA? Either way I'm proud of the Jackets regardless we were written off before the season even started.

I'd take the Orange, of course. Better matchup, better payout, better exposure. Still not for any kind of title though so for all intents and purposes irrelevant lol

I have to give Tech props on their season, they had a very good one. Can't take anything away from their win over UGA either... I was there, we played hard in that game and got beaten.

I'd take the Orange, of course. Better matchup, better payout, better exposure. Still not for any kind of title though so for all intents and purposes irrelevant lol

I have to give Tech props on their season, they had a very good one. Can't take anything away from their win over UGA either... I was there, we played hard in that game and got beaten.

To be fair I really do think UGA needs a new voice. As much talent they have had in the past couple and years and nothing to show for it. Something is wrong.

I am disappointed that Tech did not come away with the win, but I am very proud of them. They played with heart and represented the school with honor. I know that no one wants to hear this but, GT plays real students. To make it as far as they did is a testament to coaching, team work and dedication.

I am sure that most of GT's players were studying on the bus ride back to Atlanta. I don't think that the same can be said about any other team that played in a championship yesterday.

Congrats to Paul Johnson, his coaching staff and the Georgia Tech family.

BTW, I am also very impressed with the comments made by several UGA fans. "Clean ole fashioned hate" aside, we all call Georgia home and it is good to read the acknowledgements in this thread.

Posted · Hidden by SacFalcFan, December 8, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by SacFalcFan, December 8, 2014 - No reason given

To be fair I really do think UGA needs a new voice. As much talent they have had in the past couple and years and nothing to show for it. Something is wrong.

Lucky you might be able to say that in a GT thread god forbid you say that in UGA thread though. I had been saying that for awhile even before Pruitt got here. At some point you got to say enough is enough, but the definition of insanity is................................and that's what I feel is happening with UGA

Something is wrong, I can agree with that. We're cursed I think lol. You (and others) could be right, I don't know... he's a very good coach flirting with greatness... we get teased a lot. :/

Posted · Hidden by SacFalcFan, December 8, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by SacFalcFan, December 8, 2014 - No reason given

Lucky you might be able to say that in a GT thread god forbid you say that in UGA thread though. I had been saying that for awhile even before Pruitt got here. At some point you got to say enough is enough, but the definition of insanity is................................and that's what I feel is happening with UGA

Its not insanity from UGA's perspective. This is exactly what they want.

Money and a little bit of fame while also being a top academic team in the conference.

The disconnect is located in what the school wants and what the fans want.

I am disappointed that Tech did not come away with the win, but I am very proud of them. They played with heart and represented the school with honor. I know that no one wants to hear this but, GT plays real students. To make it as far as they did is a testament to coaching, team work and dedication.

I am sure that most of GT's players were studying on the bus ride back to Atlanta. I don't think that the same can be said about any other team that played in a championship yesterday.

Congrats to Paul Johnson, his coaching staff and the Georgia Tech family.

BTW, I am also very impressed with the comments made by several UGA fans. "Clean ole fashioned hate" aside, we all call Georgia home and it is good to read the acknowledgements in this thread.

How many Engineering majors saw the field last night?

Hi sorry for being late to the party.

I am so proud of the Jackets. Easily the best game of the games with playoff implications. / It was clear early that GT would not stop FSU when they absolutely needed to. But we had one final chance in the end.

/

Go Jackets!

/ P.S. And I am quite satisfied with that AP No. 9 ranking, for the time being.

How many Engineering majors saw the field last night?

Unfortunately, I don't have the current breakdown. However, going by previous seasons, 70% of the football team majors in Management. About 25% are in engineering majors and the others take science majors. Management is the defacto "football major." The school of business management currently ranks top 25 in the nation. So, even the football major is a serious curriculum.

I am very proud of this team and I will be at the Orange Bowl wearing the Navy and Gold.

Edited by etherdome

It's so crazy to know that FSU would definitely be playing for a national title against Alabama this time if it were the BCS.

What's weirder is everyone who isn't an FSU fan knows they'd lose to anyone else in the playoff discussion. Alabama, Oregon, TCU, Baylor, Ohio State... pretty sure every single one would beat FSU.

Betting line is already moving I see. Usually I don't bet point spreads with FSU, but at +8.5 I definitely will!!! Any team that goes 28-0 should never be counted out until they prove otherwise. People who "know" they will lose are just haters.

By the way, its hilarious that you think Ohio State would beat FSU when they lost their lone encounter with the ACC earlier this year to VT, are playing a 3rd string QB, and recently struggled with Indiana and Michigan in consecutive weeks (worse than the teams FSU played close with). Alabama lucked out that OSU got to the 4th seed.

Betting line is already moving I see. Usually I don't bet point spreads with FSU, but at +8.5 I definitely will!!! Any team that goes 28-0 should never be counted out until they prove otherwise. People who "know" they will lose are just haters.

By the way, its hilarious that you think Ohio State would beat FSU when they lost their lone encounter with the ACC earlier this year to VT, are playing a 3rd string QB, and recently struggled with Indiana and Michigan in consecutive weeks (worse than the teams FSU played close with). Alabama lucked out that OSU got to the 4th seed.

Keep telling yourself FSU is an elite quality team this year, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment. The reasonable FSU fans I know are not comfortable at all with this team. They've been waiting for that loss to come and aren't expecting Oregon to be easy in the least.

Also... Bama would roll FSU. Write it out, put my name on it, bookmark this if you want. If FSU and Bama meet on Jan 12th, the Noles are getting rolled.

Keep telling yourself FSU is an elite quality team this year, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment. The reasonable FSU fans I know are not comfortable at all with this team. They've been waiting for that loss to come and aren't expecting Oregon to be easy in the least.

Also... Bama would roll FSU. Write it out, put my name on it, bookmark this if you want. If FSU and Bama meet on Jan 12th, the Noles are getting rolled.

FSU is getting rolled by Oregon