Fsu Vs Gt: Acc Championship

Coach_Petrino

As a fan of both teams, I am already getting mentally geared up for this game. I think it's going to come down to the wire and GT has as good of a chance as anyone at beating FSU.

That said, FSU completely shut down the Gators rushing attack. Not saying GT is the same, but I think FSU will be harder to run on than UGA was.

Biggest question for me is with Winston's hearing this week, will FSU be focused enough to win. Winston had his worst game ever against UF and cannot play like that against GT. GT has been opportunistic with turnovers and FSU has been handing them out like candy recently.

Anyway, on paper this is one of the best ACC championships in recent memory.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think GT wins handsomely... 10+ actually... FSU can't stop the run an with Winston developing a trend to only play in the 4th qtr I think GT runs away (literally) with this one.

FSU completely shut down the run against Florida. Not saying Florida can run the ball nearly as well as Tech can, but it shows FSU's run defense can perform much better than UGA's.

Another interesting point - A lot of people criticized FSU for playing the Citadel. But Citadel runs a triple option very similar to GT's, which may help FSU in being more prepared this week. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-state-seminoles/chopping-block/os-fsu-georgia-techs-trick-filled-offense-20141202-post.html

I just think this game sets up really well for FSU.

FSU has been flirting with losing for 6 weeks in a row, and against some pretty mediocre teams. It wears a team out mentally to keep squeeking games out like that, particularly when a team is undefeated.

Then you have the whole thing with Jameis Winston going through the whole hearing on his rape allegations this week, and that has to be a tremendous distraction to a guy who has already been playing very poorly. It can't help.

Then throw in the fact that FSU is coming off a physical game with Florida and has this short week to prepare for the Tech offense.

I just think it sets up well for Tech to end the FSU win streak.

I hope so Peyton. I also think that the entire GT ensemble needs to go in with a hungry like the wolf mentality. To not be intimidated by FSU in any way, shape, or form. If they manage to take a lead, then extend the lead. Crush 'em, kill 'em, hang 'em high!

If GT can run the ball well, keep running it down their throats! / Now the opposite could happen and GT might get blown out. / I just want GT to believe that THEY are the better team!

There's also the factor of GT coming off a hugely emotional win over UGA. It has been known to leave teams flat the following week. If GT handles that well, they have as good a chance as anyone to knock off FSU.

I don't know how distracted Winston will be. The guy genuinely doesn't seem to care about his own drama.

As a Georgia Southern guy my 2 cents is to throw most of the run defense stats out the window. The triple option is a totally different monster than the down hill running game. I've seen teams struggle with the run all year, stonewall it and I've seen it bring top 5 defenses brought down to thier knees. Sure it doesnt hurt to be bigger and faster but at the end of the work day, it's all about execution.

There's also the factor of GT coming off a hugely emotional win over UGA. It has been known to leave teams flat the following week. If GT handles that well, they have as good a chance as anyone to knock off FSU.

I don't know how distracted Winston will be. The guy genuinely doesn't seem to care about his own drama.

It shouldn't distract him at all. The decision from the hearing will take a few weeks and then they can appeal, which will take another few weeks. So by the time a potential punishment will be finalized, it will be after the national championship game and he will be well on his way to the NFL and not worried about a suspension or something similar.

Edited by KGDawg710

It shouldn't distract him at all. The decision from the hearing will take a few weeks and then they can appeal, which will take another few weeks. So by the time a potential punishment will be finalized, it will be after the national championship game and he will be well on his way to the NFL and not worried about a suspension or something similar.

The system works!