We Have A Chance In Gb.

I'm going to be optimistic. Yesterday we had not one, not two, but THREE td's taken away from us. Granted we got one of them back but we could have seriously demolished the Cardinals. I think GB's defense is suspect and what they have is a great QB and really fast WR's. If we can come up with a good defensive game plan and click on offense like we did against Arizona, we can win this game. Discuss...

There is that .01 percent chance.

Rodgers isn't a career backup like Stanton.

We have a 50% chance of winning. GB isn't unbeatable. They've lost 3 games. One to a team we should've beat(Det)and one to another sorry team we DID beat(NO). The trick is playing 60 min of football and not being scared of the scary Packers. We have to play with yhe same aggression we played with against Arizona and early against Detroit. For the whole game. Limit mistakes and make them one dimensional. Easier said than done but is very possible. They skated out of some games by the skin of their teeth as well. Rodgers also doesn't have the best of lines either. They should go into the game with a ton of confidence after Sunday's game.

Stats Of The Week No. 2: Atlanta, which goes to Lambeau Field on the next "Monday Night Football," is an NFL-worst .278 -- 10-26 -- in Monday games.

Add that to it's against GB, outside, cold weather, Rodgers is on fire at home, etc, etc, etc.

This may be the year we get the unusual win up there in GB like we did when Vick was here and that rare occasion Monday night win. Lol

considering we had no chance last week according to most experts, there is a sliver of hope.

Comparing GB and Arizona is apples to oranges. Replace Rodgers with his backup just like Arizona had the backup and I would agree. That would be apples to apples.

I think we are gonna get destroyed lol

only chance we have is to get a couple of turnovers

and AR has not turned it over in like 2 yrs when in GB....

but its cool

even if we lose ( which we probably will)

Come Back Home

Tack care of Biz vs Steelers

then go win the Div in New Orleans in week 16

I say I want this team to lose

but thats BS

I want Mike Smith Gone

But I want to be in the Playoffs more

If we do win this div

I fear M Smith will get another Chance

But I dont Care

I Hope they do whatever it takes to win the Div....

Regarding Green Bay's defense: In the past few years they've been awful. Up the middle they've been very week (MLB and safety). Their pass rush consisted of Clay Matthews and nothing else. They did have good corner play. Dom Capers runs a VERY complicated defense and people need to keep their assignments or they will (and did) get gashed. Heading into this off season they instituted a different style of defense to suit Peppers and addressed safety: Ha Ha Clinton Dix, Richardson, Hyde and Burnett give them four quality guys. Early in the season we got torched as our young safeties and dlinemen needed time to gel. We were still weak up the middle with AJ Hawk and Brad Jones. However, since the bye this is a completely different defense:

1. The Packers run 5 deep at CB now with Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Casey Hayward (IR last year), House and Bush. 4 of these guys could start for many teams.

2. The safeties are playing lights out(Last year we had on decent safety). Ha Ha has stabilized this unit. All four of these guys are starter material.

3. Our young Dlinemen are developing and are disruptive. Unlike some of the old stiffs we had last year that are gone.

4. Clay is now at MLB in running situations along side Barrington. Hawk is rarely on the field and Jones is now a special teams player. Night and day at both MLB spots.

5. Green Bay is finally healthy on defense meaning the starters are practicing together all season. We now have pass rush threats from multiple people: Clay, Mike Neal, Julius Peppers, Nick Perry, Daniels, and even Datone Jones when he isn't hobbled.

This defense is gelled and I was not surprised at what it did to New England. it's been shutting teams down for several weeks now. Also, the run defense is MUCH better. Take a look at the rushing yards/game since the bye and it's vastly improved. The starters have been taken out in the 3rd quarter and the backups have bled points and yards to opposing starters while sitting back in prevent.

Not the same packer defense you saw in Seattle week one by any means...

Edited by ptisme

I'm going to be optimistic. Yesterday we had not one, not two, but THREE td's taken away from us. Granted we got one of them back but we could have seriously demolished the Cardinals. I think GB's defense is suspect and what they have is a great QB and really fast WR's. If we can come up with a good defensive game plan and click on offense like we did against Arizona, we can win this game. Discuss...

I agree, we can WIN this game ---- especially, if we get more points than they do. Haha!

Trouble is, I don't see it happening. But, like you, I'm going to be optimistic until I hear the fat lady start warming up ---- OR, until we're down by 30 at the end of the half.

Lord, I hope they don't drop a "50 Burger" on us ---

Edited by FalconJim

I've stopped trying to figure this team out. We could lose 42-10 or win 34-24. The 2014 Falcons are the NFL equivalent to a roulette wheel

Or we could go up by 3 scores early and then not anticipate any adjustments by them at halftime, come out in the second half and try to burn clock and play not to lose and stop being aggressive and when we find ourselves down by a score in the 4th , try and get some offensive rhythm back and then hope that we are only down by 3 or less and they left us enough time to get in position for a Bryant 47 yard FG to win it.

Remember that game against SF last year on MNF? Just as good of a team as this GB one. Last game at Candlestick. Offense depleted with no Julio or O-line. Defense full of rookies. And we were a Harry Douglas tipped pass from one of our greatest upsets. We have the most pessimistic fan base in the NFL. Yes, Smith is an idiot, but without him this team is on a 5 game winning streak.

If we were 7-5 on a 5 game winning streak, everyone would be looking at this game as a true battle. Don't let Mike Smith dictate to you how this team has been playing over the past month. Which is good quality football.

Edited by Mattyice3

I agree, ATL needs to get a running game going if the falcons have a chance. We need to bend but dont break mentality on D. Get some pressure and tighten up when rodgers runs. The Offense needs consistancy and hester needs to stop dropping big time passes. I like his play not hating on him, but he needs to focus more on these drops. If Atl can have a consistant run game to open the pass this game is gonna be something. GO FALCONS!

Or we could go up by 3 scores early and then not anticipate any adjustments by them at halftime, come out in the second half and try to burn clock and play not to lose and stop being aggressive and when we find ourselves down by a score in the 4th , try and get some offensive rhythm back and then hope that we are only down by 3 or less and they left us enough time to get in position for a Bryant 47 yard FG to win it.

Are you saying that Smittyball will win the game for us?