The Falcons Actually Match Up Well With Gb

Falcanuck

I'll preface this by saying I don't think the Falcons win, primarily because they are on the road. However, they do match up well, and an upset wouldn't surprise me.

1. Power running backs do not gash the Falcons. Speed, vision and cutting ability does. Eddie Lacy is a plodder. He is easy to track, hard to bring down. One thing I do like about Worrilow is that he is a sure-tackler and his lack of speed isn't a factor against Lacy.

2. A poor pass rush/mush rush might actually be a good thing against Rodgers. I don't want him to run at all. I feel better about him staying in the pocket despite his killer accuracy. The key here is to just minimize the damage. Trying to get there only to whiff is worse than keeping Rodgers in his spot.

3. The GB pass rush does not scare me, especially up the middle. The Matthews vs Matthews battle will be fun to watch, and I think Jake will rise to the occassion.

4. GB does not have a great run D. The play action should be in full force. Matt is a thousand times better when he can get LBers to bite on a run fake.

5. The Falcons have very solid DBs, especially in the slot. With Trufant (hopefully) keeping Jordy Nelson in check, guys like Wilson will be on Cobb duty and I think he plays well. Wilson has been very stellar in the slot this season.

Of course, if the Falcons want to win, they'll need to score 30+ points. Aaron Rodgers is an alien, you can't stop him, you can only hope to slow him down. I think if the Falcons do this they can keep up in the shootout.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trufant on Nelson should be the match up of the year. I'm sure GB will find ways to get him open.

Gbs oline qb and receivers are why I don't think we match up well. Rodgers is pretty awesome when being blitzed so that won't work. Our dline is going to have to play well above their abilities to slow their offense down.

I see us moving the ball against their defense and I actually think our D will do a pretty good job against Lacy, but that won't be enough to win. The Packers coaching staff will be much better prepared than Mike Smith and his staff to create and exploit match-ups on offense and defense. The Packers are a team playing at the top of their game and have the best QB in the league, with the home crowd cheering them on. At some point, even if the Falcons play well ~ and I expect they will ~ they will eventually blink, and the game will go to the Packers. The Packers are simply a much better team than the Falcons over all and much better coached.

Don't get too optimistic just because we beat zona. They played very bad. Yes, it will be a true test for us.

BULL CHIT..

They played bad because we forced them to play bad. Had we not had 2 drops in the end zone we have out have score close to 40 on one of the better defenses in the league.

We moved the ball pretty much at will.

I am not saying we will do the same vs the packers but do not downplay the *** kicking we gave the cards. we DOMINATED the team with the best record in the league.

Soo you're saying there's a chance?

There's a chance you will be struck by lightning, there's a chance you will win the lottery, there's a chance a Victoria Secret model will walk up to you and want you to be her husband!!

The chance that the Falcons will beat the Packers is a real long shot.

Ok By gawdd! Lets just see how well we match up with them cheeze haids.

The have team Captains,, and we have,,,, Aww chit Scratch that.

Ok they have a water boy, and we do too.

Our Coach will call time outs,, I imagine their HC will call one too.

(right before the half to punch in another 6)

Our Defense will be on the field.

Theirs will too............Only not as much.

add yer own.

Ok By gawdd! Lets just see how well we match up with them cheeze haids.

The have team Captains,, and we have,,,, Aww chit Scratch that.

Ok they have a water boy, and we do too.

Our Coach will call time outs,, I imagine their HC will call one too.

(right before the half to punch in another 6)

Our Defense will be on the field.

Theirs will too............Only not as much.

add yer own.

You're a strange, strange man.

This is a game where the coaching staff needs to make Devonta Freeman the lead back.

While the Falcons will not sack Rodgers, they need to disrupt him and affect his timing - everything should be on the table defensively.

This is a game where the coaching staff just needs to start gameplanning for Pittsburg. Edited by Genius

I don't think we match up well, at all.

This is going to be ugly. We're going to need a large handful of breaks to go our way to have a chance here.

LOL seriously @ these homers.

Our oline will match up well against Clay Matthews? Our D will match up well against Jordy/Rodgers/Cobb?

Yah right.

If we were playing say Rams ok maybe you have a point.

I don't know what to say? Peppers and Mathews against our tackles don't worry you?! You think we have CB depth to deal with Nelson, Cobbs, and Adams when Rodgers has lots of time to find an open receiver?

This is a terrible match up for us, no matter how you look at it. Only Denver is a worse match up IMO.